COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Daps
I'm live and am from NYC and have a fairly large extended social circle. My mother is a nurse, my grandmother is a retired principal, my dad retired from transit and my cousin is the principal of one of the most well known public high school's in Brooklyn. Not one of them knows anyone who has got this virus yet. I'm curious as to where these numbers are coming from. If anyone else is in the NYC area and can comment of knowing someone personally or someone you know knowing someone, I'd like to hear. I'm not saying the authorities are lying...I'm saying nobody I know is aware of anyone in their circles who is affected. Every1 has just been quarantined.

One of my auntie's friends in new York is in the hospital right now with it

Just cause yall dont know anybody yet doesn't mean it's not happening breh :mjtf:

My other aunties manager at work has a brother in law that died from it.

Its only a matter of time before it reaches our direct circles.:unimpressed:

Maluma

Banned
Daps
Some 36 year old woman I know was on IG riding through Manhattan on her bicycle. I texted her “Wuhan style lockdown is coming soon” and she wordlessly blocked me. :mjlol:

That ether when she dies from COVID-19 :banderas: :mjgrin:

Daps
Meanwhile China getting back up and running

Wuhan, the centre of the coronavirus outbreak in China, has begun to loosen its two-month lockdown on citizens as more countries issued new restrictions to contain the pandemic.

On Monday, small groups of residents in the central Chinese city were leaving their residential compounds, going to grocery stores and walking along the streets for the first time in weeks. At the weekend, the first train arrived in the city ferrying more than 1,000 workers from elsewhere in the province back to the city for work.

On Sunday, local authorities said residents could begin returning to work if they did not have a temperature and could provide a green health code, signifying their virus-free status as well as a certificate from their employer. Officials said the city would be “gradually” reopened and public transportation would resume.

In another sign that normal life was starting to return in China, there were reports of traffic jams in Beijing on Monday morning.

Wuhan eases coronavirus lockdown as restrictions intensify outside China

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
23-03-2020

- New Zealand has been lifted to alert level three and alert level four in 48 hours.
- Alert level 4 starts at 11.59pm on Wednesday.
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said community transmission is a possibility in New Zealand now. She said, "staying at home is essential".
- All non-essential businesses must close in 48 hours. This includes bars, restaurants, cinemas, playgrounds. Essential services will remain open.
- All indoor and outdoor events are banned.
- Schools will close from tomorrow.
- Supermarkets will remain open.
- All of these measures will remain in place for about four weeks. The government will have zero tolerance for people ignoring these restrictions, and police will be used to enforce them if required.
- The government is freezing rent increases to ease the pressure of restrictions.
- The wage subsidy cap has been lifted to $9.1 billion.
- There are 36 new coronavirus cases in New Zealand, bringing the total confirmed count to 102.
- Most cases are linked to recent overseas travel, however, there are two that aren't linked to travel.

This means I cannot interview for jobs. About to be unemployed during a pandemic -- with possibility of a recession. If I make through this I am saving to always have enough for a ticket to Africa.

:mjcry:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Meanwhile China getting back up and running

Wuhan, the centre of the coronavirus outbreak in China, has begun to loosen its two-month lockdown on citizens as more countries issued new restrictions to contain the pandemic.

On Monday, small groups of residents in the central Chinese city were leaving their residential compounds, going to grocery stores and walking along the streets for the first time in weeks. At the weekend, the first train arrived in the city ferrying more than 1,000 workers from elsewhere in the province back to the city for work.

On Sunday, local authorities said residents could begin returning to work if they did not have a temperature and could provide a green health code, signifying their virus-free status as well as a certificate from their employer. Officials said the city would be “gradually” reopened and public transportation would resume.

In another sign that normal life was starting to return in China, there were reports of traffic jams in Beijing on Monday morning.

Wuhan eases coronavirus lockdown as restrictions intensify outside China

If (and this is a big IF) this is true, then isolation and getting the numbers down is key. Which is exactly what countries are trying to, except for the stubborn individuals who think they're invincible.

But since we've seen just how far China would go to censor the news and erase people who'd speak out against them and expose them... I highly doubt this is true. I'd hope it is because then it means that a lockdown for months isn't necessary, but I don't know if I believe this.

peppe

Superstar
Daps

even for the people that make a lot of money but still live paycheck to paycheck these are scary times. I can't imagine living in NY, having to pay rent while on welfare/unemployed.

it's crazy US politicians don't understand this. You can't tell people to stay at home and not work but have every bill come in like clockwork. If you have savings you'll be alright but for people who have been paying their bill on time who live paycheck to paycheck this is a death warrant.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I'm live and am from NYC and have a fairly large extended social circle. My mother is a nurse, my grandmother is a retired principal, my dad retired from transit and my cousin is the principal of one of the most well known public high school's in Brooklyn. Not one of them knows anyone who has got this virus yet. I'm curious as to where these numbers are coming from. If anyone else is in the NYC area and can comment of knowing someone personally or someone you know knowing someone, I'd like to hear. I'm not saying the authorities are lying...I'm saying nobody I know is aware of anyone in their circles who is affected. Every1 has just been quarantined.

give it another month, there'll be 6 degrees of separation or less between you and someone you directly know or an associate/relative of someone you know who gets covid-19. I get it though, some people need to see the problem arrive on their doorstep to believe. I believed once china quarantined a city of 8-9 million, which isn't normal at all.

Last edited: