COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
I'm live and am from NYC and have a fairly large extended social circle. My mother is a nurse, my grandmother is a retired principal, my dad retired from transit and my cousin is the principal of one of the most well known public high school's in Brooklyn. Not one of them knows anyone who has got this virus yet. I'm curious as to where these numbers are coming from. If anyone else is in the NYC area and can comment of knowing someone personally or someone you know knowing someone, I'd like to hear. I'm not saying the authorities are lying...I'm saying nobody I know is aware of anyone in their circles who is affected. Every1 has just been quarantined.

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
I'm live and am from NYC and have a fairly large extended social circle. My mother is a nurse, my grandmother is a retired principal, my dad retired from transit and my cousin is the principal of one of the most well known public high school's in Brooklyn. Not one of them knows anyone who has got this virus yet. I'm curious as to where these numbers are coming from. If anyone else is in the NYC area and can comment of knowing someone personally or someone you know knowing someone, I'd like to hear. I'm not saying the authorities are lying...I'm saying nobody I know is aware of anyone in their circles who is affected. Every1 has just been quarantined.

I don't personally know anyone but someone from my job has tested positive and there's been 3 positive tests at a couple of schools in my neighborhood.

I have a family friend who is a doctor at Elmhurst hospital who says it's a complete shiit show there right now too.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This is an example of why you can’t predict the infection/death rate in the U.S by looking at other countries. Countries have different cultural and hygiene practices.

Right now Spain has 28,600 confirmed cases and 1756 deaths. The U.S has more confirmed cases but only has 349 deaths.

Breh, look how it ramps up. Spain's first death was March 4. By March 10 they'd still only had 34 deaths total. March 13th they had 47 deaths in one day to bring it up to 131. Next three days were 98, 48, and then bam 191. Now they up to 350 in one day just a week after breaking 50 for the first time.

Other than that one nursing home where like 35 people died, the USA got hit later. As of March 14th we'd only been at 57 deaths total. The next three days it started ramping up....11.....18....23.....then 40-60 for four straight days. And then yesterday we had 94 deaths in a single day and I don't know if they done counting yet.

We haven't even hit our bad stretch yet, where the hospitals start getting overwhelmed and we run out of respirators and people start dying of shyt that you shouldn't even die from. That's when the death rates get ugly.
I spoke too soon. Yesterday's final numbers ended up being 117 deaths for USA. :sadcam:

And those 33,500 cases in the USA? All but 3,000 of them were first reported within the last week. We got a lot more dying left to do man. :mjcry:

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"

Sounds like u got a successful fam breh...blessings.

What u do since you giving out the rest of ur fans biz??:ohhh:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
saCS38w.png
JGJcOtb.png
:laff: