COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Daps
What makes you think death rate will decline? The coronavirus seems treatable with proper medical care. The problem is that if the number spikes too quickly then hospitals are overrun and people can't get proper medical attention which could lead to the death rate rising. That's why the isolation is so important to give hospitals a chance to keep up and give proper medical attention to people who are infected.
Agreed. Isolation is the key (either in the hospital or at home). The majority of cases we have seen so far of either suspected/confirmed are on home isolation right now with very few/if any confirmed cases requiring hospitalization (so far). Super packed hospitals is always an issue but certainly moreso now and not just for COVID-19 suspects. When you start taking care of more patients, it's impossible to provide the same high level care as if you have fewer patients and more mistakes get made. You would also probably be amazed at how it has impacted how people have been operating. People have been so focused on diagnosing or testing for this in the hospital that they've been ignoring and sometimes missing much more common things (that there actually is treatment for) in the process for something that at the end of the day is going to be managed the same (place on isolation and supportive care).

Also, I think the idea is that once you start testing more people you start identifying milder and asymptomatic cases increasing the overall number of cases. So instead of only testing the absolute most sick people and looking at say 5 out of 100 people dying (5%), you now have that 5 out of say 150, 200, or 1000 cases. So the percentage of deaths drops.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Just found out last night that two amazon workers caught the virus in the warehouse I work out of...:what::what::what: and this gung ho ass trainer think people wanna come work here and put their life on the line for this company.... gtfoh!!!:why: I should tell you the story of what happened to me yesterday ya'll wouldnt believe it...:huhldup:

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
I’m In The Process Of Buying A Co-Op Wonder If This Is A Great Or Terrible Decision With All This Going On :patrice:

I just bought some property myself and was wondering the same thing. Dicey times we're living in.

We don't see the NY market changing drastically. If you plan on staying there for awhile you'll be fine.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Just found out last night that two amazon workers caught the virus in the warehouse I work out of...:what::what::what: and this gung ho ass trainer think people wanna come work here and put their life on the line for this company.... gtfoh!!!:why: I should tell you the story of what happened to me yesterday ya'll wouldnt believe it...:huhldup:

Ain't surprised

Coronavirus lives on cardboard for 24 hours...:wow:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Just shut that shyt down now she called me selfish and giving me the silent treatment in a small ass apartment cause im looking out for both of us :gucci:

When this blow over im leaving this bytch for real :gucci:

Donating food when grocery store shelfs are bare then talkin bout we got re up on weed.......:gucci:

been pissing me off and we only been locked together a few days.

Only reason I aint left her and go back to my moms cause my grandma is locking herself up there and I may have to go back to work in 2 weeks. I cant risk infecting grandma.

:laff:

be careful ... gonna be lotta corona babies born :skip: