COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man, only 1% of the cases here are critical, and only 5% worldwide. As the number of cases goes up, the death rate will also decline. :francis: Idk Brehs, is shutting down for 18 months worth it?

yes. only because these extreme measures are being taken is why there aren't more dead or sick

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Man, only 1% of the cases here are critical, and only 5% worldwide. As the number of cases goes up, the death rate will also decline. :francis: Idk Brehs, is shutting down for 18 months worth it?
They should have treatments for this shyt by then. They prolly already real close to it now but don’t wanna say becuz they know everybody will say fukk it and go outside like
:blessed:

And even more people will get sick in the meantime

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Might be taking the train for the first time in about a week and a half:lupe:

Heard them shyts wild empty

And a nikka ran out of sanitizer

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I listened to some doctors and a ph.d. epidemiologist from Stanford and Harvard saying we will not experience the hump until sometime between July and September. Sorry, I don't have the link. But they predict it will be longer than anyone expects.

Thus my predictions that: There will be a lot more telecommuting. Businesses will realize how much cheaper it is not to provide real estate for their employees.

Also, massive numbers of small and locally owned businesses will go under and there will be massive unemployment for years until the economy recovers.

Lots of people will either lose their houses or sell them at a loss to keep from losing them.

Lots of brick and mortar retail businesses, even nationally owned ones, will go under, and lots more people will buy things online only or will order things like groceries online and do drive-thru pickup or have them delivered. Many, if not most restaurants and bars won't exist and that whole industry will have to be rebuilt from scratch.

There will be a reset of what people expect to be normal. People won't want to leave themselves this vulnerable again, and they will create a new normal that is more socially distant to strangers than it has been in the past. This will only be an extension of the now common practice of people staring at their phones and not interacting with people right in front of them in public. It will be a less trusting and more isolating atmosphere everywhere.

A public option for healthcare and a universal basic income will seem like completely rational options to millions of people who would never have expected to believe that up until the past few days or weeks. Those things may not pass immediately, but they will come much closer to reality than they ever have in the past. The public option probably will come to pass first, and some kind of new welfare society will be established, even if people don't get a UBI, there will be some way of getting money and food to people who can't enter the workforce, because there are no jobs.

There will be another migration away from cities, like there was in the late 1960s and through the 1970s. People will want more space between them and their neighbors than they have for the past 40 years or so, and because telecommuting will expand and housing will be cheaper, suburbs and rural areas will experience a lot of growth.

So many airlines will go bankrupt that new airlines will have to be established and at first they will be more expensive and will have far fewer travelers, because so many people won't have money.

Colleges and universities will go almost exclusively online, because it will be so much cheaper, and they will already be following that model. Ditto high schools and maybe even middle schools and younger.

Churches will lose vast numbers of members, first through deaths, then through people deciding the churches were full of shyt all along.

China or Russia may, indeed, emerge as the new world leader, but it could also be the US. It all depends on who we elect as president and who is left alive at the end of the run.

I hearing two sides tbh. You hear it from him, it will be over by late Spring and gives reasons why.

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps

I have posted this before but shutting down everything for a small time is absolutely necessary. That way we can flatten the curve and have only a small amount of cases continue to pop up. If we dont do it, the effects on the economy would be devastating. Think about it: If everything continues normally, how the hell is the economy gonna take survive if a huge ton of people get sick and are unable to work for around two weeks sitting at home/hospital recovering ? Whos gonna do certain jobs that require presence? A small time frame of hard measures will be „easier“ to take for the economy than a long time

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bjonda Haliti

@baeonda

·
11h

Everyone is asking how I contracted COVID-19. I don’t know. But I did go out on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and my cough started on Sunday. I believe I was exposed to it at the bar/club one of those days. That’s my guess.

smh
All this time u spend on the Internet and u don’t know how to copy and paste a twitter link?? :scust:

DallasTxRep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas
Guy at my job that's on dialysis with one kidney talking about this shyt ain't that serious, it's being blown way out of proportion. Government just trying to scare us etc. Said he's going to continue his normal day to day routine as much as he can.....
tenor.gif