COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I'm not saying we just let all the seniors die, but an 18 month lockdown will end up with a lot of people's livelihoods and even lives being lost.

I just hope someone comes up with a good solution.

Agreed. The good thing is that this isn't something where literally nobody can go outside, and this is all on some Fallout shyt. There's still people in the health care field, law enforcement, grocers and others staying open. If it were airborne and even walking into a city equals doom, we'd be done for.

A solution though, it's hard to really say. You'd have to separate the infected from the healthy if people were to go about their regular life, and the vulnerable would need precautionary gear in order to protect themselves. This wouldn't really be practical though, because how many people are willing to get their temperature tested at say, the entrance of a movie theatre? Or a restaurant? We already see how stubborn people can be. You'd have to also hire professionals that are willing to do that or train security. That'd also require a lot of thermometers and other equipment that not every business can afford to spend a ton on. Not to mention the inevitable tension it'd cause (infected vs healthy), which is another issue to deal with.

Medically-wise, teams worldwide are working on vaccines and are jumping straight to human trials, but there's no guarantee we'll see it any quicker than 18 months. We all know this, because we know they have to make sure the test subjects don't end up dying during the trials. They can't risk a vaccine that ends up killing people a year and a half later because it gave them Super Saiyan Cancer or something. The good thing is, it can be treated, but the problem is the number of people getting sick. If there's too many people getting sick, it'll get really bad really fast. And of course, the only reason why people can't walk around carelessly is because of the vulnerable -- if they catch it, it's all the more dangerous.

As much as it sucks, I think the lockdowns ARE the most practical and the best solution we have. If people listen and don't spread this, we can keep the numbers down and run out the clock until a proper vaccine is ready. If people don't, it'll be detrimental to everyone, regardless of age and health.

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
Too many people out here acting like the pandemic doesn't exist even in cities on lockdown :snoop:

The problem is so many people mostly cacs were mislead by Trump and had them going on about their day and even being arrogant about the virus....talmbout "mainstream media caused this it's not real" :gucci:

Now they don't have a damn job a week later :ufdup:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

:usure: then where they gonna go? Ain't nobody hiring right now:martin:

:francis: .. and this party has just started

ACLU calls on Justice Department, Bureau of Prisons to release inmates vulnerable to coronavirus
ACLU calls on Justice Department, Bureau of Prisons to release inmates vulnerable to coronavirus

California, Ohio and Illinois release hundreds of inmates early to decrease the prison population during coronavirus crisis while some districts say they will not pursue prosecutions for 'low level' crimes
  • Officials are working to reduce the prison population in preparation for potential quarantine of inmates
  • Los Angeles County reduced its prison population by 600 since the end of February
  • Daily arrests have also been cut down from 300 a day to 60
California, Ohio and Illinois release inmates to decrease the prison population amid coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Philadelphia police tell cops to STOP arresting some criminals in response to the coronavirus while other cities consider releasing low-level offenders from jail
  • Philadephia police officers will delay arrests of non-violent criminals, to help curb the spread of coronavirus
  • Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw made the call to delay the arrests, which will be up to officers' discretion
  • Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney backs the policy but says it doesn't mean the city promotes lawlessness
  • The department's social distancing measures also include officers driving alone in patrol cars rather than with a partne
26146708-8128823-Philadelphia_Police_Commissioner_Danielle_Outlaw_has_ordered_pol-a-2_1584586200034.jpg
Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw :takedat: has ordered police in her department to delay arresting non-violent criminals

For example, the Los Angeles County Police Department has reduced its daily arrests from 300 to 60. The county also released 600 prisoners since February.

Philadelphia police will delay arresting some non-violent criminals over coronavirus fears | Daily Mail Online

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I'm contemplating turning in my lease with 2 years left on it and just take the hit on my credit report.

For the first time, I have to consider the possibility that my employer might go under sometime, this year...

Or maybe I just want to get out of it regardless. Consumerism and capitalism has made us slaves to bills, debt and buying shyt we dont need.

If you are losing faith, if you need inspiration, if you are asking what this is all about...
just focus on your avi :wow: breh.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Thats an interesting concept. I just think it would be hard to execute. People keep talking about flattening the curve, etc think the biggest problem so far is there hasn’t

I think that’s an interesting concept that would’ve been tough to execute though. The problem up until now is we (both the US and the world as a whole) have had differing strategies for managing all of this. Some cities are shutting everything done, for others it’s business as usual. Some countries are closing borders, for others things are happening more slowly. I think there are certainly different ways to “protect our high-risk population” but I think there are competing interests at play and what’s best for the public health isn’t best for the economy and that’s why people have been struggling to get on the same page.

I think part of the problem is that the "vulnerable" includes the age-group that owns and runs the planet.