COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I work for a global company where muhfukkas be traveling all over the world every week. Had a meeting at 8AM today, hopped on it with the person I report to, ended the call early, she was like, "See you in a few?"

I was like mmm hmm
:childplease:

Took my ass back to bed and didn't go in

:unimpressed:

fukk all that
I made this post back in January. Fast forward to today, and I get an email from our Office's Managing Director that someone at my company tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday. The individual hasn't been in the office since last week so really with how many people work in my building, who knows how many people could have been exposed to it.

I also saw on the news that the state of Illinois has only tested like 2300+ people for the virus. 12 million people live here tho. So when I see the conspiracy theorists on my TL saying that only celebrities getting this, I just laugh, because it's obvious that the shyt is widespread, and the only reason more of us don't personally know more people who have contracted it is because the testing has been extremely low... nationwide. Where as celebrities and pro athletes can get tested like it's nothing.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
CAnt we just stop with these lockdowns if that ish isn’t even going to work then
Nah, we NEED these cycles for our medical system to have any hope to survive.

It's be "annoying" but the alternative is everyone needs hospitalization at once and the hospitals don't have space for 4/5 of them and everyone dies.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Bad news for the 50% of Americans who are overwight or obese

05d85488-6931-11ea-9de8-4adc9756b5c3_image_hires_040103.jpg
05d85488-6931-11ea-9de8-4adc9756b5c3_image_hires_040103.jpg

World / Europe
Coronavirus: Italy says 99 per cent of people who died had other illnesses
  • Italian health authorities are looking into medical records to understand why the country’s death rate is so high
  • The average age of those who died is 79.5 and over three-quarters of them had high blood pressure while about a third had diabetes
  • Obesity significantly increases your risk of diabetes and high blood pressure, and these conditions are also intimately intertwined with heart disease. For instance, an obese person's risk of a heart attack is 3 times greater than that of a person who has a healthy weight.

Italy says 99 per cent of people who died of coronavirus had other illnesses

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In all serious, the strategy from the jump shouldve been to tell the vulnerable stay in, tell the non-vulnerable to avoid them, and let this shyt run its course.

There are way fewer vulnerable than non-vulnerable. Basic math would tell you it's easier to force the lesser volume vulnerable population to quarantine opposed to everyone

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Y’all really think the US will have more deaths than China? That’s assuming they are giving accurate numbers
First off, China imposed measures far beyond anything that the USA or UK is even considering. Second, I think it's pretty widely assumed that China will have a resurgence in cases either this spring or this winter, they're not done yet.

Im basing everything off the succeas of s. Korea, not fear mongering us media and political entities trying to push an agenda.

We saw what happened when you simply keep on working and acting normal, wash your hands and.keep disyance and if you feel sick self isolate on top of limiting exposure of the elderly and immuno compromised. New infections.drop, all without having to quarantine.regions and.build hospitals like china did initially or try to impose.martial law like certain.segments in.us society are teyinf to advocate.
This is really dumb because South Korea's response is pretty much what we're advocating and South Korea doesn't even consider what they did a "success" yet. Most South Koreans feel like their outbreak hasn't come. Nearly the entire outbreak so far was centered on a single mostly self-contained religious cult in the southeast part of the country, the rest of the country's outbreak could still be yet to come.

And this is what South Korea did. They shut down public spaces FASTER than we did. Your ignorance is deadly:

Commitment, transparency pay off as South Korea limits COVID-19 spread

This is exactly what I was warning y'all about.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Yall giving way to much power to the media. Everyone blaming the media for reporting ............that's what the fukk they do. Shut up

I'm glad they reporting on this and we have around the clock updates. I like to be informed. Nobody telling people to panic and do this and that. All they saying is stay the fukk home
You're being inform with only half of the situation but alright. Enjoy people running out buying tissue

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think the "Flu Bros" are non-existent at this point.. the NBA/March Madness/Schools shutting down ended that nonsense talk lol

It didn't if you read the last few pages it's dudes complaining about how many people "probably had it in January" which might be true but ICU beds were not overrun in January so no matter how you want to look at it.... it's gotten WORSE since January to the point where it's at now..

..and by the way would continue to get worse if they hadn't suspended public gatherings.

Daps
If the flu was as bad as corona as some are saying in here than answer me why the hospitals/ICU's are overrun now but they weren't in January?
Hospitals are definitely feeling the pressure now, but our hospital is ALWAYS overrun and there are never enough beds particularly during this time of the year. Icu beds are always in short supply. I think when you consider all the typical viruses going around at this time of the year and then add everything COVID related at present, I think we are seeing an additive effect. People continue to get all of those other illnesses. It’s just an additional infection that also out there as well.

I don’t think comparing prevalence rates, mortality, etc is apples-apples when talking about flu and Coronavirus. With influenza, we have vaccines and medications that (have in large part developed due to the serious impact it has when untreated) that significantly impact outcomes in a way that there are none for covid-19. It would be interesting to see how the two stacked up against one another If there was literally nothing we could do about influenza either. (no vaccines, oseltamivir). Not saying it isn’t worse, it’s just the context to the numbers is a bit different.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Hospitals are definitely feeling the pressure now, but our hospital is ALWAYS overrun and there are never enough beds particularly during this time of the year. Icu beds are always in short supply. I think when you consider all the typical viruses going around at this time of the year and then add everything COVID related at present, I think we are seeing an additive effect. People continue to get all of those other illnesses. It’s just an additional infection that also out there as well.

I don’t think comparing prevalence rates, mortality, etc is apples-apples when talking about flu and Coronavirus. With influenza, we have vaccines and medications that (have in large part developed due to the serious impact it has when untreated) that significantly impact outcomes in a way that there are none for covid-19. It would be interesting to see how the two stacked up against one another If there was literally nothing we could do about influenza either. (no vaccines, oseltamivir). Not saying it isn’t worse, it’s just the context to the numbers is a bit different.

I agree with you but right now the comparison is that Covid-19 is highly contagious and no vaccine vs. the flu which is less contagious and has a vaccine so by default Covid-19 is more dangerous as seen by hospitals currently being overrun

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Sidenote what is China doing to heal most of their patients, they have about 70k recoveries? :ohhh:

Daps
In all serious, the strategy from the jump shouldve been to tell the vulnerable stay in, tell the non-vulnerable to avoid them, and let this shyt run its course.

There are way fewer vulnerable than non-vulnerable. Basic math would tell you it's easier to force the lesser volume vulnerable population to quarantine opposed to everyone
Thats an interesting concept. I just think it would be hard to execute. People keep talking about flattening the curve, etc think the biggest problem so far is there hasn’t

I think that’s an interesting concept that would’ve been tough to execute though. The problem up until now is we (both the US and the world as a whole) have had differing strategies for managing all of this. Some cities are shutting everything done, for others it’s business as usual. Some countries are closing borders, for others things are happening more slowly. I think there are certainly different ways to “protect our high-risk population” but I think there are competing interests at play and what’s best for the public health isn’t best for the economy and that’s why people have been struggling to get on the same page.