COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
To post more uplifting news instead of just all bad to follow what I believe @Jesus is my protector is trying to bring to the thread as a way to moderate the issue.
https://slate.com/technology/2020/03/coronavirus-mortality-rate-lower-than-we-think.html

I think its been said that as more testing is available, then the mortality rate is expected to drop significantly. This article highlights several examples and research that indicates this will hold true as this progresses. Still a bit more serious than the flu but right now, again because we're not testing thoroughly, we don't have a clear picture of the impact yet.

I think the biggest issue is that while people might not die as much, its infecting people at a large rate and just because you don't die doesn't mean for example you won't be hospitalized with symptoms and as the number increase, the danger becomes the overwhelming of the medical system which will make treating the sickest of people who are more likely to die harder.

This is all why the government making getting access to testing difficult is causing more harm than good because let us say if testing was widespread from the jump like H1N1, you wouldn't have as much hysteria because the testing would show that the danger is not as great. In turn, you don't have people doing stupid shyt like buying up toilet paper in mass or the stock market reacting to two months of dragging your feet which skews stats and clouds the situation in mystery for a lot of people. It is not the disease where things are fukked up, its the managing of it.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Drove by markham costco, people are lining up way past the parking lot. Why even bother, just go somewhere else instead of being around with so many people:gucci:

sheep mentality

stay away from large crowds yet be in the middle off
i went to walmart at 705am by my house and it was packed and it opens 7am, everyone had bottled water and toilet paper in their carts just chaotic like its going to run out

folks lining up like ps5 is out

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
i don't understand why malls are open :hubie:

It seems like every state is closing down due to the situation to stop the spread of the shyt. But it's not gonna help because people will not want to be cooped up in the house all day. People will still go out there normal routine. This shyt will spread fast in the U.S because of stupidity.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It seems like every state is closing down due to the situation to stop the spread of the shyt. But it's not gonna help because people will not want to be cooped up in the house all day. People will still go out there normal routine. This shyt will spread fast in the U.S because of stupidity.

Spain will be put on lockdown and ban all travel except to buy food or medicine or get to work or hospital

thats what us and canada should be doing, someone with corona is prob at the mall right now spreading it to everyone

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
I swear people are stupid... :francis:

I can't wait till this shyt blows over in a month in half.:francis: