COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I'm fully onboard with the current Coronavirus narrative now. Not because I believe the doomsday predictions and sensationalism, but because said doomsday predictions and sensationalism are collapsing the markets, exposing how shytty American Capitalism is and how fragile western society is as a whole when faced with even a mild threat. Panic away friends.
you need to study the markets and whats been going on a bit more...
...America is probably one of the stronger economies...
...though that isnt saying much.

Australia, Japan, much of western Europe have been at damn near negative interest rates.

Also, if you think things are going to collapse...put your money where you mouth is and buy Gold and bitcoin.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Actually last night I only got 2 hours of sleep because I couldn't get to sleep due to just having a really obnoxious cough. :hhh: Was waking my girl up and she was hit me for waking her up. But I couldn't stop coughing. Now I'm at work feeling like shyt with 2 hours of sleep

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm fully onboard with the current Coronavirus narrative now. Not because I believe the doomsday predictions and sensationalism, but because said doomsday predictions and sensationalism are collapsing the markets, exposing how shytty American Capitalism is and how fragile western society is as a whole when faced with even a mild threat. Panic away friends.
What is the point of your posts ? Everyone here is living there lives mostly as regular but trying to be cautious as none of us wants to get a flulike illness ( the flu sucks already , a worse flu focused on the respiratory system ) and/ or pass it on to loved ones or be quarantined for 2 weeks

Your acting like in the US it’s dying down it’s just ramping up in states . In China when it was in full swing we heard stories every day as well

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Hopefully after all of this passes we can demand some answers from the experts and powers that be on how this sort of hysteria and near collapse was allowed to happen. There's going to be worse than the Coronavirus and seeing as how we're handling this from a societal, professional and structural standpoint.......that may really be the end.

An example of potentially deadly issues to come (not saying it will be this particular one), Lassa Fever, which is rampaging through Nigeria as we speak.

Nigeria: Death toll from Lassa fever outbreak jumps to 70

None of this hysteria is remotely surprising when you see how quickly people freak the fukk out when Facebook and other social media platforms are down even for a few hours.

The world or the US isn’t equipped for a situation of this magnitude even on a smaller scale.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Yes breh. The place where toddlers and young children of all kinds put their mouths on any surface available to their height level.

You’re probably fine there

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

You got a point

Theo Penn

Daps
This has the potential to do damage on par with the Spanish Flu. Do not underestimate this thing.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Let me briefly explain why some of us in our mid to late 30's to late 40's are actually very concerned. We could potentially watch our parents and grandparents die, as well as some of our unhealthy peers, while having to worry about our children both in the present and near future. All the while watching our savings and retirement funds getting analy raped with no vaseline, and knowing it will be up to us to fix the economy post virus. Some are aware of what is happening while others bury their heads in the sand.

Theo Penn

Daps

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
This has the potential to do damage on par with the Spanish Flu. Do not underestimate this thing.
I'm not fearmongering, just giving perspective historically. The thing about the spanish flu is that it went through two cycles. The first iteration was not that deadly. It was a little bit more problematic than the normal flu but the first strain isn't what most people know about. It wasn't until the second strain, I think the next year I'll have to go and look it up, that it became the deadly virus we know about.

Something to think about. Again not trying to fear monger but that history is there :yeshrug:

Edit: It wasn't the next year the second strain came, it was later in the same year

Deadly second wave

American Expeditionary Force victims of the Spanish flu at U.S. Army Camp Hospital no. 45 in Aix-les-Bains, France, in 1918
The second wave of the 1918 pandemic was much deadlier than the first. The first wave had resembled typical flu epidemics; those most at risk were the sick and elderly, while younger, healthier people recovered easily. By August, when the second wave began in France, Sierra Leone, and the United States,[95] the virus had mutated to a much deadlier form. October 1918 was the deadliest month of the whole pandemic.[96]

Spanish flu - Wikipedia

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Yep, and imagine how many people worked through it. :wow:

I looked up a timeline of events and some Chinese scientists believe that it originated in a western country, namely the United States and was brought into Asia via some form of military conference in the region last fall.

It wasn’t Charles Lieber?