COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Aren't going to what?

vHshzxi.png

... (when) people realise it is [/they are] not a silver bullet.

Anyway looks like it's time to buckle in .. :francis:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
1. we discussed it in this thread ...

Coronavirus mutations identified in the United Kingdom and South Africa may be provoking alarm, but infectious-disease experts are optimistic the new variants are still vulnerable to the powerful hammer of newly authorized vaccines. Even if the virus were to mutate further, the experts say, the vaccines could be rapidly reprogrammed to remain effective against new variants.

Such a tweaking of the vaccines could be done “in minutes,” said Drew Weissman, a professor of medicine at the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine and one of the inventors of the messenger RNA technology that powers both vaccines.

“It’s very easy,” Weissman added.

Vaccines can also be slightly adjusted to take mutations into account. For example, the world has maintained vaccines against measles, mumps and rubella – also RNA viruses which are similar to coronavirus – for almost 50 years despite slight variations, and the same is expected for Covid-19.

:yeshrug:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

search for my posts in the "UK strain" thread and in this one over the last two weeks. there is lots of material there.

i have said clearly why it (they) are not a silver bullet - namely coverage (not under 16's/allergies/5%-10% low-to-no efficacy), transmissibility+infectivity unknown, mutations (escape), higher-level herd immunity likely, roll-out logistics, animal reservoirs (esp. mink), antibody/protection duration, potential for long-term vaccine side-effects.

you shrugged + quoted, but you need more "argument".

feel free to address my points. see my discussions with @Rhakim where some of these were covered.

anything with that many holes is NOT a proven silver bullet. far from it in fact.

yeah i know links would be nice but :shrug:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
search for my posts in the "UK strain" thread and in this one over the last two weeks. there is lots of material there.

i have said clearly why it (they) are not a silver bullet - namely coverage (not under 16's/allergies/5%-10% low-to-no efficacy), transmissibility+infectivity unknown, mutations (escape), higher-level herd immunity likely, roll-out logistics, animal reservoirs (esp. mink), antibody/protection duration, potential for long-term vaccine side-effects.

you shrugged + quoted, but you need more "argument".

feel free to address my points. see my discussions with @Rhakim where some of these were covered.

anything with that many holes is NOT a proven silver bullet. far from it in fact.

yeah i know links would be nice but :shrug:

TBH for such a topic I inform myself from scientists, doctors and people developing the vaccines. Not really going to go in depth with it online with Random’s.

The U.K. government have announced their plan and the Oxford group have too, so I’ll just wait and see and trust in them.

The links are from NYT and DM

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
TBH for such a topic I inform myself from scientists, doctors and people developing the vaccines. Not really going to go in depth with it online with Random’s.

The U.K. government have announced their plan and the Oxford group have too, so I’ll just wait and see and trust in them.

The links are from NYT and DM

the esteemed Oxford University no less :wow: ...

high ranking politicians no less :wow: ...

:ehh:
it's always good to listen to scientists and to understand what they say ... :salute: it's a new year, of good cheer so I'll just leave it at "bookmarked".

the bill always comes due.

Last edited:

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the esteemed Oxford University no less :wow: ...

itvfCpLm.png

high ranking politicians no less :wow: ...

decided not to post this image ...

:ehh:
it's always good to listen to scientists and to understand what they say ... :salute:
i beg you buss me on that :lolbron: