COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
The virus could (can) mutate more in immunocompromised people, where the virus remains active in them for a long period of time before they pass it on to someone else.

U.K. variant puts spotlight on immunocompromised patients’ role in the COVID-19 pandemic

Fauci said we would be wearing masks until 2023 for a reason... :wow:
add the 10 of millions of ppl who will refuse to get the vaccine / lie about it to get traveling

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

Hospital boss calls Covid deniers behaviour 'shocking' and 'awful' after they are removed from site
Jessica Carpani
Mon, 4 January 2021, 7:50 pm GMT
57fd1740b2a428ed1a7875a89c716afc

Garrett Anderson A & E department of Ipswich Hospital, Suffolk, UK - Construction Photography/Avalon

Covid deniers were thrown out of a hospital over the weekend after taking photographs of empty corridors to claim the virus is a "hoax".

Security staff were forced to remove the conspiracy theorists from a hospital, where the intensive care unit is currently running at full capacity, in what has been branded 'shocking' and 'awful' behaviour.

Nick Hulme, chief executive of East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust, said the intensive care units of both Ipswich Hospital and Colchester Hospital are "at capacity".

He said he was “shocked” that the Covid-19 deniers had entered Colchester Hospital at the weekend and said it is "beggar’s belief" that some people were calling the pandemic a hoax.

He said that elective and outpatient appointments had been reduced for "safety reasons" to help reduce footfall at the hospital.

Watch: What is long COVID?

5feb6e84e6126076920122b6_o_U_v2.jpg

Scroll back up to restore default view.
"We had that situation at Colchester at the weekend when we had people literally coming on site and taking photographs of empty corridors and then posting it on social media saying 'this is all a hoax'," Mr Hulme said, speaking to BBC Radio Suffolk.

"When you see that sort of behaviour from the public it just beggar’s belief.

"Why on earth would people do that when... we all know somebody who's died from Covid.

"It's extraordinary, it's shocking, it's awful."

Mr Hulme added: "Well of course there are empty corridors at the weekend in outpatients because that's the right thing to do.

"But when you've got that sort of social media pressure and those people denying the reality of Covid it really concerns me.

"Words fail me."

The incident followed the arrest of anti-lockdown activist Debbie Hicks who had made her way into an outpatient ward in Gloucester Royal Hospital on 28 December and started filming.

MP for Stroud Siobhan Baillie called the incident “appalling”.

"It's appalling that our Gloucestershire Hospital Trust had to spend their precious time during this difficult pandemic defending themselves against films on social media that were wrongly claiming the hospital is empty," she said in the House of Commons.

Gloucester Royal Hospital has strongly refuted Hicks' false claims that the hospital had no Covid-19 patients, noting that it was "extremely busy".

The 46 year-old was arrested on suspicion of a public order offence in relation to the video and has been bailed until later this month on condition she does not enter any NHS premises, other than for an emergency or an appointment.

Anti-lockdown protests have also continued to take place in cities across the country with police forces making multiple arrests for Covid-19 breaches.

Both Nottingham and London, which are currently under Tier 4 restrictions, faced anti-lockdown demonstrations.

Three people were arrested and 12 fixed penalty notices were handed out in Nottingham on 3 January, while 11 arrests were made by the Metropolitan Police in central London the day before after crowds of between 200 to 300 people gathered at Hyde Park.

Assistant chief constable Steve Cooper, from Nottinghamshire Police, said they had an “increased police presence” in order to “maintain security and offer reassurance” during the protest.

On Monday Piers Morgan hit out at “high profile Covid-deniers and down-players” on social media, citing a graph from John Hopkins University. He said people should instead “believe the alarming truth staring you in the face”.

Daps
Covid-19 isn't all that deadly. The fact that many people that catch the virus are asymptomatic proves it.

If you're young and healthy, you'll be fine. Most people that 'die' from it (We don't know if they died 'with' Covid-19 or died from Covid-19, this is important), were/are people 60+ years old and/or certain medical conditions (obesity, breathing difficulties, cardiovascular problems).
Btw that's the only correlation that can be found when it comes to the virus. Other than that there is no discernable correlation. Lockdowns have done nothing. Masks aren't that great. Many people that have the virus are asymptomatic.

Economies and civil liberties are being ruined over nothing more than hysteria.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Covid-19 isn't all that deadly. The fact that many people that catch the virus are asymptomatic proves it.

If you're young and healthy, you'll be fine. Most people that 'die' from it (We don't know if they died 'with' Covid-19 or died from Covid-19, this is important), were/are people 60+ years old and/or certain medical conditions (obesity, breathing difficulties, cardiovascular problems).
Btw that's the only correlation that can be found when it comes to the virus. Other than that there is no discernable correlation. Lockdowns have done nothing. Masks aren't that great. Many people that have the virus are asymptomatic.

Economies and civil liberties are being ruined over nothing more than hysteria.
It's not only people dying that is the issue but also long term effects. There are several people who got it in march but are still not back to a 100%. Imagine getting this if you are in your 20s or 30s but having to live with the rest of your live with side affects

Daps
It's not only people dying that is the issue but also long term effects. There are several people who got it in march but are still not back to a 100%. Imagine getting this if you are in your 20s or 30s but having to live with the rest of your live with side affects
Where is the evidence that 'Long' Covid-19 exists? I keep hearing so many different symptoms of 'Long' Covid-19 yet no scientist has pinpointed the exact symptoms.
And as I stated, many people that have the virus are asymptomatic. Thus, how is it deadly and debilitating outside of a very few people!?

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where is the evidence that 'Long' Covid-19 exists? I keep hearing so many different symptoms of 'Long' Covid-19 yet no scientist has pinpointed the exact symptoms.
And as I stated, many people that have the virus are asymptomatic. Thus, how is it deadly and debilitating outside of a very few people!?
https://twitter.com/hashtag/LongTermCovid?src=hashtag_click

have a read through there now of course there might be some bots posting fake shyt but it's impossible so many people are faking long term effects. long term effects are very real

Daps

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can anybody know the long term effects when many don't even exhibit the effects in the first place (in other words, most people are asymptomatic).
not sure what your point is but everyone is fully aware that not everyone that get's covid dies but what some people like you dont seem to understand is that there are long term effects which numerous people have reported. I posted the link above you can read the long term affects from different people directly.

For example the chernobyl explosion never killed that many people but the aftermath of the explosion killed many people( a lot of people got cancer etc due to the pollution etc decades later). The same thing with covid, while a couple 100s of people dying is not a huge issue if you are in your 20s or 30s and healthy precovid but you endup being constantly fatigue and coughing you might as well be dead

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

There is a wiki page and Mount Sinai hospital in NYC has has established a department to study (and treat) long covid.

Keep an eye on those two going forward.

I think the figure is that around 4-5% of (~known) Covid sufferers need some form of extended hospital treatment and around 10% more need basic medical treatment. The extended treatment stops the circa 1% fatality rate from being greater. That is why they need to prevent the hospitals filling up.

Long Covid is wide-ranging because Covid attacks many different bodily systems/organs. I am not sure why you think that this supports your position. If you are calling into question whether covid actually does wide-ranging damage then you need to make that clearer. Covid enters cells via ACE2 and CD147 so organs and for example T-cells themselves are affected.

Daps
not sure what your point is but everyone is fully aware that not everyone that get's covid dies but what some people like you dont seem to understand is that there are long term effects which numerous people have reported. I posted the link above you can read the long term affects from different people directly.
Simple. Hysteria.
Until I see a proper scientific consensus on Covid-19 and its effects (there isn't one and many top scientists are disagree with how dangerous Covid-19 is), I remain sceptical.

For example the chernobyl explosion never killed that many people but the aftermath of the explosion killed many people( a lot of people got cancer etc due to the pollution etc decades later). The same thing with covid, while a couple 100s of people dying is not a huge issue if you are in your 20s or 30s and healthy precovid but you endup being constantly fatigue and coughing you might as well be dead
Viruses and radiation sickness are two different things.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Simple. Hysteria.
Until I see a proper scientific consensus on Covid-19 and its effects (there isn't one and many top scientists are disagree with how dangerous Covid-19 is), I remain sceptical.

Viruses and radiation sickness are two different things.

I can just tell from how you replying to people you one of them smart dumb cacs :dead:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
:hula:

Lol I guarantee none of our politicians will take the risks to post on TheColi :lolbron:

As the Oxford vaccine doesn’t use mRNA it’ll be less variable to the mutations. That’s not what I’m arguing.

We already know it won’t stop you getting it, you still need to keep distance, but you weren’t exactly clear about what your “silver bullet” comment was about. The vaccine itself or the situations around it e.g. hands, space, face.

Maybe but "they" both target the spike protein. This has been raised already as a weakness in the vaccines. That one brehette doctor in the USA who I think was at the FDA and that MIT study about the trials (and brehdom/asians) mentioned it too.

They have to target and train the body to recognise some part of the genome BUT the questions were about whether the targeting was too narrow.

At the end of the day they needed to do something and these are just risks (for now) so we have to wait and see.

I mean silver bullet like "it's a done deal and covid will be gone soon" as I went into with Rhakim .

Even yesterday Boris Johnson was talking as if ~we only need to lockdown for a short period and the vaccines will do the rest.

This was challenged by "Sophie" on Sky News and if I find the interview online I will post it here.