COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
@TENET

Do you have a take on this?

:lupe:

Does this data prove that these new vaccines are more effective for white people than it is for black and asians? And if so is the difference significant?

No it doesn't prove that. It is saying that this is a possible risk that there is a difference in effectiveness because some combinations were not (sufficiently) tested.

While not being proof, it does potentially undermine the results of the phase III trials in that the published headline efficacy rates might not be the same for different racial groups.

Undermining (or even invalidating the result) does not automatically prove the opposite. Normally the proposition in question just reverts back to being an open, unanswered question.

-

It's also worth noting that it's would not be surprising to get different effectiveness rates as you re-partition the test group in different ways; some example of this being age, co-morbidities, vitamin D levels, professions, gender and so on.

The problem here is that the paper suggests that rather than this problem just being a flaw in the testing, they are saying that flaws in the design itself could be at the root of potentially skewed (and hence biased) results.

-

So a lot of weighing up of probabilities and no certainties ... yet. I am not a medical professional of any sort but if I were to look into it further I would start by reading up about the peptides issue.

My personal opinion is that the vaccines haven't been tested enough.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
He's right tho

Government wants people to stay home? Well you gotta pay up. That's the only way it will work. Pay people to stay home to stop the dam spread. It ain't rocket science. These greedy politicians need to get got with this bullshyt
he’s 1000% correct but greed gonna greed we not getting back to normal until 2022

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
No it doesn't prove that. It is saying that this is a possible risk that there is a difference in effectiveness because some combinations were not (sufficiently) tested.

While not being proof, it does potentially undermine the results of the phase III trials in that the published headline efficacy rates might not be the same for different racial groups.

Undermining (or even invalidating the result) does not automatically prove the opposite. Normally the proposition in question just reverts back to being an open, unanswered question.

-

It's also worth noting that it's would not be surprising to get different effectiveness rates as you re-partition the test group in different ways; some example of this being age, co-morbidities, vitamin D levels, professions, gender and so on.

The problem here is that the paper suggests that rather than this problem just being a flaw in the testing, they are saying that flaws in the design itself could be at the root of potentially skewed (and hence biased) results.

-

So a lot of weighing up of probabilities and no certainties ... yet. I am not a medical professional of any sort but if I were to look into it further I would start by reading up about the peptides issue.

My personal opinion is that the vaccines haven't been tested enough.

Appreciate the feedback :salute:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
EogqWdoW4AEmXkY

:francis::francis::francis::francis: