COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It's base is vaccines already in use right? It just repurposes them to look for the spike protein.

No. This is the first mRNA vaccine intended for general public use as far as I know.

quick google

"Up until December 2020, no mRNA vaccine, drug, or technology platform, had ever been approved for use in humans, and before 2020, mRNA was only considered a theoretical or experimental candidate for use in humans"
RNA vaccine - Wikipedia

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No. This is the first mRNA vaccine intended for general public use as far as I know.

quick google

"Up until December 2020, no mRNA vaccine, drug, or technology platform, had ever been approved for use in humans, and before 2020, mRNA was only considered a theoretical or experimental candidate for use in humans"
RNA vaccine - Wikipedia
Well it is what it is. If the virus isn't dealt with the results will be catastrophic so this is where we're at. Two unpleasant choices.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Can you spell it out for me?

Does it really boil down to "My personal view is if this is such a risk from a vaccine for COVID-19, it would likely still be worth getting because the risks posed by infection will still be far greater."

IMO that is not an answer on an individual level. I ignored the equivocating at the beginning.

By "long term" let's include long-term effects of giving it to "everyone".

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
at this point, the vaccine is the only answer...too many in this country refuse to be responsible and don't care about the common good

how can any progress be made with so many selfish & stupid people :snoop:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
at this point, the vaccine is the only answer...too many in this country refuse to be responsible and don't care about the common good

how can any progress being made with so many selfish & stupid people :snoop:
Probably most of the anti-maskers aren't gonna take the vaccine either. The Trump supporters I know all aren't taking it.