COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is a good read for people worried these vaccines are rushed.

The vaccines for SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 weren’t rushed

I’m seeing a lot of people very concerned about the pace at which the vaccines for COVID-19 have been produced, which I get. We were told it could take years, we were told vaccines normally take decades of research and development to work out all the kinks and make it to licensure, and now in less than a year, it looks as though we will have effective vaccines being distributed in the US and licensed some time thereafter. Even the mumps vaccine, in an era with far more lax regulations, took 4 years to make. Surely some chicanery is afoot? This could not have been done without cutting some corners! And my answer to that is: Yes, but actually no.

Yes, the vaccines were expedited, in that it was made a huge priority to get out an effective vaccine as quickly as possible and every reasonable step was taken to make that happen. But no, this does not in any way mean that corners were cut in the process of getting us there.

Let’s talk about the process of making a vaccine and why it takes so long. Also the WHO has a really nice document on the subject if you want a detailed look.

At this point most people have at least heard of the phases of the clinical trial process, but they are worth going over. Under normal, non-pandemic circumstances it goes something like this:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
This is a good read for people worried these vaccines are rushed.

The vaccines for SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 weren’t rushed

I’m seeing a lot of people very concerned about the pace at which the vaccines for COVID-19 have been produced, which I get. We were told it could take years, we were told vaccines normally take decades of research and development to work out all the kinks and make it to licensure, and now in less than a year, it looks as though we will have effective vaccines being distributed in the US and licensed some time thereafter. Even the mumps vaccine, in an era with far more lax regulations, took 4 years to make. Surely some chicanery is afoot? This could not have been done without cutting some corners! And my answer to that is: Yes, but actually no.

Yes, the vaccines were expedited, in that it was made a huge priority to get out an effective vaccine as quickly as possible and every reasonable step was taken to make that happen. But no, this does not in any way mean that corners were cut in the process of getting us there.

Let’s talk about the process of making a vaccine and why it takes so long. Also the WHO has a really nice document on the subject if you want a detailed look.

At this point most people have at least heard of the phases of the clinical trial process, but they are worth going over. Under normal, non-pandemic circumstances it goes something like this:

How can you test for long-term side effects in a few months?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Japan has almost 40% of the population of the US. There has to be an explanation for why a nation of their size can keep their deaths for an entire year down to under a day of the deaths in the US.
Being an island nation has its benefits. Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia.

Individually the majority of US states aren’t doing badly but when you have the lower or bad performers right next to each other it gets out of control really easily.

You can’t keep Cali shutdown if people can just leave to Nevada and bring it back.