COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
:francis:I’m in phase 3, but I’m still happy this shyt is getting underway this month. The first batch of people getting the vaccine in the next two weeks will do a lot to ease the anxiety of Covid in this country.
I’m a nurse so I’m getting it ASAP, I feel fortunate.

Hopefully we get more companies being approved and we get a surge of vaccines.

Also not everyone is going to want it in phase 1 so that leaves some.

Godspeed.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
You should reach out to your state governor. The President has no authority over state shutdowns. The US is a Federation.

Leadership comes from the top. Being a federation has not stopped others working together - coordinated by the man (or woman or office) in charge / at the top or head executive point.

some examples:

MOI5Aar.png

Australia - Federal States
3 Sept 2020
"Prime Minister Scott Morrison has spoken of the challenges and the importance of the Federation after today's meeting with the National Cabinet, as all states and territories except Western Australia agree to the revised national coronavirus plan"

Germany - Federal States
October 26, 2020
"The German chancellor and the heads of the country’s 16 federal states thrashed out an agreement on Wednesday to extend and tighten measures against coronavirus, with rules eased over the Christmas holidays to let people celebrate together."
Germany's Covid rules in place for 'foreseeable future', says Merkel

EU - Federal States
October 13, 2020
"Over a month after the European Commission unfolded its proposal on September 4, for coordination of measures restricting free movement in the European Union related to the coronavirus pandemic, the EU Council has approved the proposal.

Today, October 13, the EU Ministers of Foreign Affairs have reached an agreement based on the Commission’s proposal, through which they will implement common criteria on travel across the block amid the pandemic."
EU Countries Agree on Coordinated Travel Measures Amid COVID-19 - SchengenVisaInfo.com

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Leadership comes from the top. Being a federation has not stopped others working together - coordinated by the man (or woman or office) in charge / at the top or head executive point.

some examples:

MOI5Aar.png

Australia - Federal States
3 Sept 2020
"Prime Minister Scott Morrison has spoken of the challenges and the importance of the Federation after today's meeting with the National Cabinet, as all states and territories except Western Australia agree to the revised national coronavirus plan"

Germany - Federal States
October 26, 2020
"The German chancellor and the heads of the country’s 16 federal states thrashed out an agreement on Wednesday to extend and tighten measures against coronavirus, with rules eased over the Christmas holidays to let people celebrate together."
Germany's Covid rules in place for 'foreseeable future', says Merkel

EU - Federal States
October 13, 2020
"Over a month after the European Commission unfolded its proposal on September 4, for coordination of measures restricting free movement in the European Union related to the coronavirus pandemic, the EU Council has approved the proposal.

Today, October 13, the EU Ministers of Foreign Affairs have reached an agreement based on the Commission’s proposal, through which they will implement common criteria on travel across the block amid the pandemic."
EU Countries Agree on Coordinated Travel Measures Amid COVID-19 - SchengenVisaInfo.com

My guy, you portray yourself as intelligent-- so don't be intellectually dishonest. It's called State's Rights-- it's Constitutional Law and you should know this.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If she agrees to that deal, then she deserves to be replaced lose her spot as Speaker of the House. All the brash talk only to end up letting Mitch win again. If they win in January, then they will still be at his mercy. She is fukked either way :francis:

People call her this master tactician and negotiator, but Mitch has outhustled her every step of the way :francis:
Ohh you back on this lol never any heaT for Mitch huh

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
My guy, you portray yourself as intelligent-- so don't be intellectually dishonest. It's called State's Rights-- it's Constitutional Law and you should know this.

Yeah I agree, but that doesn't preclude them working together.

Dishonest?

FuQwj8Z.png

Australia and Germany are federations too (like the USA) and the EU is a bunch of largely separate countries operating within a quasi-federation BUT they still sat down and agreed common covid rules. German states have their rights too but they instead decided to work for the common good - and this effort was driven by the federal government (Merkel).

It sounds like you were not aware of this. That's not being "dishonest" on my part.

"The Basic Law divides the federal and state governments' legislative responsibilities into exclusive federal powers (Articles 71 and 73), competing powers (Articles 72, 74), deviation powers (Article 72), and exclusive state powers (Article 70). The exclusive legislative jurisdiction of the federal government includes defense, foreign affairs, immigration, citizenship, communications, and currency standards, whereas the states have exclusive jurisdiction on the police (excluding federal police), most of education, the press, freedom of assembly, public housing, corrections and media affairs, among others.[3] Even in cases where the states have exclusive jurisdiction, they sometimes choose to work with each other and come to a basic agreement with the other states, which is then passed by the sixteen state parliaments and thereby enshrined into law nationwide. This is done in order to avoid legal patchworks. An example of this is the states' online gambling regulations.[4]"
Federalism in Germany - Wikipedia

"The Constitution of Australia (or Australian Constitution) is a written constitution that is the supreme law of Australia. It establishes Australia as a federation under a constitutional monarchy and outlines the structure and powers of the federal executive government, legislature and judiciary. "
Constitution of Australia - Wikipedia

Some sort of leadership is supposed to come from above. And by "leadership" I don't mean ordering people around.

Cutting to the chase, what I mean is that Trump didn't do what he was supposed to do. What's that? The things that we will see Biden do from Jan (if he gets sworn in). There is nothing extra-ordinary about the task. I supplied those three examples of federated entities that had done so even though, like in the USA, the federal executive does not have the power to force state behaviour in certain areas.

Australia has (with hard continuing work) managed to bring covid under control. Germany has not (and the EU borders remain partially open) but Germany has low cases/deaths compared to most other similar nations.

Last edited: