COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I know the Bi-Partisan Committee of Congress (both Democrats and Republicans) came out with their own stimulus bill of $908 billion. Of course, it includes $300 unemployment instead of the $600 and a period of immunity from lawsuits which Republicans wanted. It is compromised of the $500 billion that went the first go around. Of course it doesn't include the $1,200 checks which you can always at before passing the bill.

It's actually not a bad deal at all and would provide a 4 month stopgap to solve the long term problems.

Grand opening, grand closing. We ain't getting shyt! Just a one month extension to UI. Not retroactive and no checks.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Grand opening, grand closing. We ain't getting shyt! Just a one month extension to UI. Not retroactive and no checks.

If she agrees to that deal, then she deserves to be replaced lose her spot as Speaker of the House. All the brash talk only to end up letting Mitch win again. If they win in January, then they will still be at his mercy. She is fukked either way :francis:

People call her this master tactician and negotiator, but Mitch has outhustled her every step of the way :francis:

Last edited:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

ACIP, housed within the CDC, held a public meeting on Tuesday to discuss the U.S. distribution recommendations — relying on a framework put together by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM). In it, the organization suggested that 21 million U.S. health care personnel, including first responders, nurses and doctors, should take priority, in a phase known as 1a.

Although the group recommended that nursing home residents in the U.S. be given the vaccine in phase 1b, along with individuals who have preexisting conditions, ACIP concluded that the 3 million individuals living in these facilities be included in phase 1a. Evidence has shown that this group has a very high risk of severe outcomes, with one study in October finding that — despite making up less than 1 percent of the U.S. population — nursing home residents make up 40 percent of COVID-19 deaths.

During Tuesday’s meeting, CDC experts confirmed that there will likely be 40 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines available by the end of December, a number sufficient to vaccinate 20 million people. Following phases 1a and 1b of the rollout will be phase 2, which includes all individuals over 65, teachers, school staff, childcare workers and other frontline workers in high-risk settings such as food supply and transit. Phase 3 will include children, young adults and individuals who work in places deemed “important to the functioning of society” such as colleges, banks and factories. Phase 4 will be the remaining Americans.

Last edited:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:jbhmm: How long does one dose of the vaccine last? I understand some vaccines are more than one shot

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
Missourians are terrible people. People still on that mask don’t work and stop fear mongering. fukking senator came on tv and said the county executor is lying about numbers and that we have 50% availability in hospitals. People are being discharged from the hospital while still being extremely ill to make room for other patients. Hospital workers are complaining. Governor talking about adding beds in tents yet we haven’t added nurses and doctors. Who’s going to take care of these people?

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Australia...

Specifically western australia, no community transmission for 8 months :blessed:

We had a harsh lockdown at the beginning and now it's no masks, no restrictions:blessed:

Dont even need a vaccine :blessed:

damn yeah, I saw something online about y’all being all in the clear with no restrictions or anything :ohhh:

crazy how other countries got it right from the start

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An increase in cases? I wonder why

giphy.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's fukked up "essential workers" will be in the next to last phase to get it. I feel they should be put above the people in nursing homes because those are controlled environments and as long as the staff is vaccinated it's not going to get in. The impact of somebody that's a grocery store worker is far greater. A single essential worker could spark a chain that spreads the virus to hundreds of not thousands of people.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
It's fukked up "essential workers" will be in the next to last phase to get it. I feel they should be put above the people in nursing homes because those are controlled environments and as long as the staff is vaccinated it's not going to get in. The impact of somebody that's a grocery store worker is far greater. A single essential worker could spark a chain that spreads the virus to hundreds of not thousands of people.
Nursing home patients are dropping like flies, they need it first.

Essentail employees are not the super spreaders, they are masked up. If one has it they are most likely not gonna spread it to the customers. They most likely will spread it to other employees though, in the break room.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
It's a controlled environment. If visitors aren't coming in and the staff is vaccinated how will COVID get in?
We don’t know for sure if u are vaccinated if u can still pass it.