COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What I said has nothing to do with your family.

If you get to call people "scared" and "sheep" then I get to point out where you might be wrong, where you might be missing some information and/or where you make unfounded claims which (intentional or not) have the effect of distorting the size of the problem.

I think that's fair

People are dumb.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
people still be up in places with they mask under they nose. i might have to make a smiley with a mask under nose :russ:

uk:

giphy.gif

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
What I said has nothing to do with your family.

If you get to call people "scared" and "sheep" then I get to point out where you might be wrong, where you might be missing some information and/or where you make unfounded claims which (intentional or not) have the effect of distorting the size of the problem.

I think that's fair
that nikka has cognitive dissonance. shyt is :unimpressed:

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps

Have nothing to worry about because you're young, healthy and not overweight, "you'll be fine" brehs

Have a 99.9% survival rate brehs

Have to take a year off work and have permanent heart damage brehs
:francis:

Just think of how may people have "fully recovered" but don't have access to get any aftercare with lung or heart scans

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I was chatting with my sister yesterday, public health phds, harvard,blah blah blah. I asked for the ultimate conservative worsecase scenario:

Aids gave us condoms, to be used forever now.
Covid will give us masks and yearly double dose injections forever......forever. Life expectancy worldwide plummets. Basically when you get to 60ish with pre existing conditions, its almost a death sentence, people in general will just start dying earlier and we will accept it.

It never goes away. Covid stays with us forever and spikes every now and again.

She also said None of the vaccinnes touted over 90% had been peer reviewed.....dosent mean theyre not amazing, but it does mean that expectations should be moderated. Its not a silver bullet. The announcements are for stock prices mostly,but a lot of work has to be done by society to make it work and she doubts USA will have the will. Japan,china,south korea,Africa, Europe no problem but the USA specifically......no confidence, too many variables.

it doesn't even have to be this way. but republicans are reacting to the coronavirus just like they did AIDS, they refuse to take any proactive actions.

if there were hard lockdowns with no interstate travel except for commercial goods and quarantine protocols, this would have been snuffed out months ago. low risk of transmission and the virus dying within the host or with the host.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Have nothing to worry about because you're young, healthy and not overweight, "you'll be fine" brehs

Have a 99.9% survival rate brehs

Have to take a year off work and have permanent heart damage brehs

Just think of how may people have "fully recovered" but don't have access to get any aftercare with lung or heart scans

the full cost of this pandemic won't be realized for at least 2 decades or more.

people are literally gambling with their health by being overly optimistic about surviving covid-19.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
it doesn't even have to be this way. but republicans are reacting to the coronavirus just like they did AIDS, they refuse to take any proactive actions.

if there were hard lockdowns with no interstate travel except for commercial goods and quarantine protocols, this would have been snuffed out months ago. low risk of transmission and the virus dying within the host or with the host.

Has any county successfully snuffed out Covid, and has no new cases?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
60 minutes had a good piece on long haulers this weekend . They talked to a scientist who dissected people who died of COVID-19 brain's and found small clots in the lung and extremities and larger clots in the brain. It appears that small blood clots are occurring over the body, especially the brain and she showed a lot of the dead they examined had signs of mini strokes in the brain

I recommend people go look up research about the first SARS pandemic and how people almost a decade later reported lingering issues. SARS was also a coronovirus (this is sars2) and there appear to be a lot of similarities.

Last edited:

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
60 minutes had a good piece on long haulers this weekend . They talked to a scientist who dissected people who died of COVID-19 brain's and found small clots in the lung and extremities and larger clots in the brain. It appears that small blood clots are occurring over the body, especially the brain and she showed a lot of the dead they examined had signs of mini strokes in the brain

I recommend people go look up research about the first SARS pandemic and how people almost a decade later reported lingering issues. SARS was also a coronovirus (this is sars2) and there appear to be a lot of similarities.

That video really fukked me up between:

1. how fit the first two ladies were and for them to be having such a debilitating post Covid experience

2. the head of autopsy suddenly having a heart attack and dying within a week of this recording. She was 66 years old.. rip

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

This is why the people who keep calling it a cold or flu are so dangerous. When we get further down the road we’ll have data on how Covid shortened life expectancies and spiraled survivors into debt.

Last edited: