COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
There will be no nationwide lock down in America. Been saying this since April.

America is all about money being made and consumerism. Neither of those things occur with an actual lock down.

America and WS control the world with military and economics. Locking the country down fux up economics.

Not happening. Maybe some city or even a State here, a State there.

Aintnobodystupid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
People rock masks like they're chin straps. "Nah I got my mask though" but it's hanging off your ear cuz u on whatsapp showing your ugly ass grill to whoever you're talking to.

I remember when bodegas were enforcing it and dumb asses would start fights because they weren't getting serviced. It really comes down to people not wanting to be told what to do. People are just that hard headed.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
We have 600,000 deaths a year from heart disease, are we shutting down the fast food restaurants that contributes to that
Is heart disease a contagious disease that can be spread by people who carry it and show no symptoms? Is heart disease spread through the air by simply breathing air contaminated by other people breathing?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There will be no lockdown.
Fixed that for you. Be safe and good luck because lockdowns are done. Red America ain't having that anyway. They won't go for that. Our governor tried to close down in door dining and we have restaurants refusing to close and sheriffs refusing to enforce the order in Michigan.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
My breathing still hasn't been restored back to normal ever since I suspect I caught it like 2 and a half months ago. I can never breathe out of both nostrils anymore its annoying and I think it causes headaches at night because I'm not getting good oxygen flow. Been sleeping with a fan on. :francis:

I stopped going to the gym when I felt like I caught it (still never been officially tested) to make sure I don't spread it but I almost feel like that's working against me because now I'm not doing cardio exercise. I've always felt like I had had good lung capacity.

Take an antibody test. You may have never had it. It would at least give you peace of mind.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
@satam55

French professor faces disciplinary case over hydroxychloroquine claims
Didier Raoult stands accused of touting drug as a coronavirus treatment without evidence

A French professor who touts the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a coronavirus treatment – without evidence, scientists say – will appear before a disciplinary panel charged with ethics breaches, an order of doctors has said.

Marseille-based Didier Raoult stands accused by his peers of spreading false information about the benefits of the drug. His promotion of hydroxychloroquine was taken up by the US and Brazilian presidents, Donald Trump and Jair Bolsonaro, who trumpeted its unproven benefits in a way critics say put people’s lives at risk.

No clinical trials have yet found in favour of using hydroxychloroquine against Covid-19, and critics say that due to potential serious side-effects, treating coronavirus patients with it is worse than no treatment at all.

In June, the British-led Recovery trial team said hydroxychloroquine did nothing to reduce coronavirus mortality.

Raoult, who heads the infectious diseases department of La Timone hospital in Marseille, said in March that his study of 80 patients showed “favourable” outcomes in four out of five treated with hydroxychloroquine. But his peers say there is no scientific evidence to back up the claim.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
My great grandma got this shyt now, she 92 :snoop::mjcry:
fukk,man. Smh
My ignorant ass homegirl refuses to sit her ass down.She goes clubbing 2-3 times a week, house parties, bars, dinner dates, travels. She is going to Miami tomorrow.

Ive known her ass for 20 years and i refuse to let her in my house or around my kids. shyt is frustrating. When i get on her ass about it, she just says shes not about to let Covid ruin her life. She says her house is boring.

:francis:
Some people just gotta learn the hard way, and she's one of them. It's unfortunate

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
There will be no nationwide lock down in America. Been saying this since April.

America is all about money being made and consumerism. Neither of those things occur with an actual lock down.

America and WS control the world with military and economics. Locking the country down fux up economics.

Not happening. Maybe some city or even a State here, a State there.

Pasadena, a fairly liberal/dem city, just told Governor Newsome to fukk himself and will continue to allow outdoor dining. It's just the way things are :yeshrug:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Pasadena, a fairly liberal/dem city, just told Governor Newsome to fukk himself and will continue to allow outdoor dining. It's just the way things are :yeshrug:
They can’t lock down the city and not pay people. People have to make money.

Trust I understand where were at with in this world but you can’t just stop people from being able to provide for their families.

Aintnobodystupid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

Honestie Hodges, Handcuffed by the Police at 11, Is Dead at 14
Glenn Rifkin
Wed, November 25, 2020, 8:20 AM EST·4 min read

Honestie Hodges, whose handcuffing at 11 sparked outrage, dies at 14

5508029c27e16aed831d623ae06abcea

In an undated photo via the Hodges family, Honestie Hodges. (Via Hodges family via The New York Times)
Honestie Hodges, who was handcuffed by the police outside her home in Grand Rapids, Michigan, when she was 11, a frightening incident that drew outrage and national headlines in 2017, died Sunday. She was 14.

Her death, at the Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital in Grand Rapids, was caused by COVID-19, her grandmother Alisa Niemeyer wrote in a post on the website GoFundMe.

The incident occurred Dec. 6, 2017. Honestie had stepped out the back door of her home with her mother and another family member to go to the store when they were confronted by police officers with their guns drawn.

“Put your hands on top of your—,” an officer ordered them before he was interrupted by Honestie’s mother screaming, “She is 11 years old, sir!”

“Stop yelling!,” the officer responded, as recorded by an officer’s body camera. He ordered Honestie to walk backward toward him with her hands up.

A second officer grabbed her arms, pulled them behind her back and handcuffed her. Honestie shouted, “No, No, No!,” pleading with the officers not to place the cuffs on her. The police, who said they had been searching for a 40-year-old woman in connection with a stabbing, removed the handcuffs after several minutes.

The incident caused a widespread uproar that led to a soul-searching within the Grand Rapids Police Department. In a news conference, the police chief at the time, David Rahinsky, said that “listening to the 11-year-old’s response makes my stomach turn; it makes me physically nauseous.” He retired in 2019.

None of the officers were disciplined because they had not violated any departmental policies, Rahinsky wrote in a statement at the time. Nonetheless, the department acknowledged that the officers had made a mistake in how they handled the child.

By then the police force was already facing criticism for a similar encounter that March in which five innocent teenagers were held at gunpoint.

At the time, Honestie, who was Black, spoke out. “I have a question for the Grand Rapids police: If this happened to a white child, if her mother was screaming, ‘She’s 11,’ would you have handcuffed her and put her in the back of a police car?” she was quoted as saying on MLive.com, a Michigan news site.

In March 2018, the Police Department adopted the “Honestie Policy,” which called for using the least restrictive options when dealing with youths. Even so, several more incidents involving the police pointing weapons at children have heightened tensions in Grand Rapids. A local television station, WOOD-TV, reported this summer that Honestie and her family were negotiating with the city to settle a claim filed over the handcuffing episode.

Honestie developed severe stomach pains on Nov. 9, her 14th birthday. Taken to the hospital, she tested positive for the new coronavirus and was sent home. But her condition worsened that evening, an ambulance was called, and she was admitted to the hospital’s intensive care unit. Over the next few days she received iron and blood transfusions as complications arose. She was placed on a ventilator on Nov. 14. But her condition never improved. Niemeyer updated the GoFundMe page asking for prayers.

Then, on Sunday, Niemeyer wrote: “It is with an extremely heavy heart that I have to tell you that my beautiful, sassy, smart, loving granddaughter has gone home to be with Jesus.”

Niemeyer had created the GoFundMe page to collect donations for her daughter, Whitney Hodges, who had to stop working to care for Honestie and her four other children.

Lynn Sutfin, a spokesperson for the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, said Honestie was not the youngest person to die of COVID-19 in Michigan.

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said that COVID-19 deaths among children were rare overall, but that Hispanic and Black children were more likely than their white peers to be hospitalized or admitted to an ICU.

Niemeyer told WOOD-TV, a local television station, that Honestie had been “healthy and happy” with no underlying health issues.

“She could have been the vice president one day, or maybe the president,” Niemeyer said. “The world was open to her.”

This article originally appeared in The New York Times.

bnew

Veteran
Daps