COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Chronic

All Star
Daps
Did China really just blow up a hotel full of quarantines folks with the virus????

:mjtf:
It's a repurposed hotel used as quarantine center for peoples returned from another city, yet has not exhibit signs of COVID-19. According to Chinese posters on some sites who are Quanzhou locals, they said that hotel used to be a four-stories car dealership. It is theorized that some of the load bearing walls were removed during refurbishment/conversion when they were converting the car dealership into a hotel awhile ago.
Also:

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Me and a couple other people in this thread have been saying this for weeks. :sas1:

Y’all still wanna listen to sensationalized news articles and be scared though.:unimpressed:

Exactly. Scary ass nikkas in this thread been shutting out positive news.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I dont think anyone on here is worried about dying from this virus. The main concern is the risks it poses to the elderly and the impact it will have on the global economy.

That's not what I get from this thread at all. Most people seem to believe the virus is an existential threat to humanity. The global economy has been exposed as a soggy house of cards felled by a mild respiratory disease. The Coronavirus is a welcomed wake up call if nothing else. It shows that we aren't prepared to leave the tutorial to play the real game yet.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand that but the flu has actually killed more people, consistently, for centuries. You tell people to get a flu shot and some will look at you like you have shyt on your face. Meanwhile, people are frightened over this virus with far less deaths, going to lengths such as having a run on masks despite the fact that they're only effective if you already have the virus (which too is likely) as it contains the spread from the infected.

The crazy thing is people are still going to work everyday no questions asked. Outside of corporations/worksites already directly (knowingly) affected by the virus, most employers aren't taking a very proactive approach regarding this virus which is at odds with the rhetoric and panic elsewhere. I know people at this moment who have potential Coronavirus symptoms and they are not only not being sent home but are told they will suffer potential consequences for taking time off. It's like all of this concern and caution are left right outside of the company lobby until it forces itself in via a confirmed case.
I'm not sure why the point of the flu being around forever and killing more so far this year has anything to do with the data points from WHO. If you watch their news conferences, they are measured, not panicking, not chicken little shyt. They are telling people this is much more dangerous than the flu given the data points and we should heed those warnings. Most people in this country are probably not panicking but probably more aware of staying hygienic which should be good anyway. I much rather listen to WHO than our wonderful president and vice president put in charge of all this. As a country even if the media is blowing this out of proportion, our response to this has been grossly incompetent. As for the actual differences in myself and others that believe in the data compared to those that think this is just whatever, there isnt much difference in our daily lives. Most of us still go to work, gym, eat, etc but I'm just bring more careful in being hygienic.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not what I get from this thread at all. Most people seem to believe the virus is an existential threat to humanity. The global economy has been exposed as a soggy house of cards felled by a mild respiratory disease. The Coronavirus is a welcomed wake up call if nothing else. It shows that we aren't prepared to leave the tutorial to play the real game yet.

it’s still a threat bruh. I have older family members with pre existing issues that are extremely susceptible to this. The main one being my mother. I also have a baby coming in July.

even if it’s just a mild cold for me...the possibilities for them scares the hell outta me.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
People have IGNORED that and the fact that Vietnam recovered completely from Coronavirus
Because china locked down an entire city. That cant happen elsewhere.

And Vietnam still has new cases

"Vietnam's Ministry of Health on Saturday confirmed three new coronavirus cases, raising the number in the Southeast Asian country to 20.
The ministry said 101 suspected coronavirus cases are quarantined in the country while 23,228 others are being monitored."

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...-coronavirus-cases-rise-to-18-health-ministry