COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Also I want to highlight something. In China, the hardest hit area, there are about 80,000 confirmed cases and about 2500 deaths. As of yesterday the new cases in China appear to be dropping as well as in the rest of Asia.

With that in mind do you think it's responsible or productive to put out "leaked memos" and studies from Australian economists stating that 96 million people in the United States will become infected resulting in 480k deaths or there can be 15 million deaths globally, respectively? That seems like fear and panic mongering to me, given the actual FACTS and numbers we have on the outbreak thus far.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Because we got parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts over 60?

:gucci:

Why aren't you concerned during flu season then? You know, the disease that actually is killing hundreds of thousands globally per year?

You all aren't concerned about the elderly. Do you think all of this panic and resulting consequences are related to concern for the elderly? :heh:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Nope. You do not understand the mechanics of Coivid19. E-grow "virus-talk" as if it is magic. You do that because of your remedial understanding of the topic and the topics which underpin the discussion.

Covid19 enters your lung cells, multiplies and causes lining (fibrotic) and viral shedding. It causes 2nd degree bacterial infections. And of course these things are on a sliding scale.

Infection Mechanism is discussed here by Dr. John Campbell - Timestamped 10m20s

From University of Minnesota
Studies profile lung changes in asymptomatic COVID-19, viral loads in patient samples
In new research developments, a team from Wuhan, China, reports that even asymptomatic patients with COVID-19 pneumonia have abnormal lung findings on computed tomography (CT), and a group from Beijing noted that viral loads from infected patients appear to peak 5 to 6 days after symptom onset.
Studies profile lung changes in asymptomatic COVID-19, viral loads in patient samples

From The Lencet
COVID-19 pneumonia manifests with chest CT imaging abnormalities, even in asymptomatic patients, with rapid evolution from focal unilateral to diffuse bilateral ground-glass opacities that progressed to or co-existed with consolidations within 1–3 weeks. Combining assessment of imaging features with clinical and laboratory findings could facilitate early diagnosis of COVID-19 pneumonia.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30086-4/fulltext

Ia0jtV8.png

That is not to say that all corona virus victims will get cancer / lung infections but it is a very real risk factor that will be studied and quantified. It will not be dismissed out of hand as you are trying to do.

You lack the tools to even discuss this because terms like risk, risk-weighted, projection, polynomial, exponential, virus even go over your head. Do you now what an RNA virus is? Do you know what it does? Are you taking the time out to actually understand the science or are you just blabbing?

I am not a medical practitioner but I have the tools to read, understand, follow and process the discussion. And unlike you I am willing to research, discuss and to modify my opinions based on the science. Unlike you I am actually doing a lot of reading. I passed post-graduate studies. Blindly following some "guy with A-levels" is not how I process information.

And dummy that was just one of my points.

The disturbing thing on here is all these loud mouths who speak from a position of near total ignorance.

No one one is telling you, some subject-illiterate dummy, to be worried. We are telling you not to come in here and spout your nonsense. Let the adults take care of this. It's clear from what you said that you are not involved in any strategic application of science anywhere else in your life so why should this be any different.

:ufdup:Like when you fly, let the intelligent people understand and manage the risks. You are just along for the ride. Like when you fly, go to sleep and we will wake you up after others have done the hard work.

I'm getting tired of having to dig out information for morons. Read the ducking thread first, read the links, watch videos from WHO, CDC, Dr. John, read what unis are saying, keep up to date with the news, think about it and THEN form and express an opinion.

Don't come in here with that shyt. You want to talk down to people go to HL. I'll ban you from the thread spouting that BS in here. Stick to posting facts and figures. Leave the faux intellectual bullshyt for your Reddit account. In here sounding like Napoleon.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I understand the fear associated with this. It’s the uncertainty around it. All we know is that it’s highly contagious and some people have died. As a result everybody is all over the place. You have people tracking every single infection and death and getting worried over every single tweet that they read about this. But they aren’t taking into account that many of us have already had it which is what I believe. They don’t take into account that not everybody’s gotten tested. They aren’t taking into account that a lot of info they are reading on social media is just speculation and that much of what they read is people fishing for retweets and followers. The way things are looking there’s gonna be more people getting sick from stress than this actual virus

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
1. Nobody said "will"
2. If you actually understood the worst case scenario you would NOT view this as fear mongering.

You only consider them "FACTS" because you lack the maths to project the growth rates forward.

And you lack the ability to post in the thread. :heh:

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't come in here with that shyt. You want to talk down to people go to HL. I'll ban you from the thread spouting that BS in here. Stick to posting facts and figures. Leave the faux intellectual bullshyt for your Reddit account. In here sounding like Napoleon.

Wow, this nikka really said that shyt, I’m out this bytch for the day
CraftyMilkyCaudata-size_restricted.gif

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I understand the fear associated with this. It’s the uncertainty around it. All we know is that it’s highly contagious and some people have died. As a result everybody is all over the place. You have people tracking every single infection and death and getting worried over every single tweet that they read about this. But they aren’t taking into account that many of us have already had it which is what I believe. They don’t take into account that not everybody’s gotten tested. They aren’t taking into account that a lot of info they are reading on social media is just speculation and that much of what they read is people fishing for retweets and followers. The way things are looking there’s gonna be more people getting sick from stress than this actual virus

No no no, you're just not smart enough to understand the "maths" surrounding this pandemic. Do you even science bro? :troll:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
You banned dude from his own thread?:what:

Sure did. Using white boy insults to demean someone's intelligence just because they don't see this as the end of the world? fukk that shyt. That post came off as extremely cacish. Don't like it, go complain about it. Dude needs a timeout. He was really in here feeling himself.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I am not a medical practitioner but I have the tools to read, understand, follow and process the discussion. And unlike you I am willing to research, discuss and to modify my opinions based on the science. Unlike you I am actually doing a lot of reading. I passed post-graduate studies. Blindly following some "guy with A-levels" is not how I process information.
In other words you fell for the media's scare tactics and spent the last week reading articles and watching youtube videos and now you think you're qualified to speak on a subject you obviously have minimal knowledge about.

I could give two shyts about your post graduate schooling. The bottom line is you have absolutely NO clue or understanding of the long-term effects of this virus. And you know how I know this?.....because even the doctors themselves don't know. So stop all the bullshyt speculation.

Let's speak on what we do know. and that's that 99% of the people who get this virus will beat it with no issue. Period. Most people who come into contact with It won't even get infected. And most of the people who get infected will show mild symptoms and maybe none at all. That's what we DO know. So fukk outta here with all your little theories and bullshyt assumptions about the long term effects. You're clueless on that matter just like everybody else is.

But it's ok. I get it. You're a little prideful. You don't wanna admit that you're gullible. So now you're on your confirmation bias shyt trying to look for any and everything to support your view point. But it doesn't change the fact that this is a mild illness that most of the population will overcome rather easily. Point blank. You wanna keep crying about that fact go right ahead. I'll be upping this thread many times in the coming months to have a good laugh at all you paranoid muthafukkers. I'm sure this thread will be a ghost town soon enough :pachaha:

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sure did. Using white boy insults to demean someone's intelligence just because they don't see this as the end of the world? fukk that shyt. That post came off as extremely cacish. Don't like it, go complain about it. Dude needs a timeout. He was really in here feeling himself.

Breh this is harsh. I rocks with you 99% of the time but let breh back in man. It's just a damn disagreement.:russ:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your a mod? You sound really unintelligent! That is really unprofessional. You need to read up on what China did to stop the spread and understand why it won’t exactly translate to the us and other non China countries.