COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
ESeMY5vU8AEtIiS

:whew: Gonna have to shut down all entry into St. Louis.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah yeah yeah, we get the whole death rate thing, but the flu has tens of thousands of bodies per season in the US alone and people shrug it off. This has potential for mass casualties based upon the current death rate but those numbers likely aren't even accurate because there are likely ten of thousands, if not hundreds, of undiagnosed cases which if accounted for would lower the overall death rate. The "flu rhetoric" keeps presenting itself because people are in a mass panic over 15 US deaths and 100(?) confirmed cases while people have been apathetic about influenza despite it having a consistent track record of actual deaths.
Check the epicurve used by WHO. For reference in wuhan when there was 258 cases and 6 deaths, they banned all public events. When it reached 570 cases and 17 deaths they place the entire hubei province in complete quarantine and it ended up being over 80,000 cases. Our country will never enact these aggressive measures so even given the low deaths and low cases, it will exponentially explode just like Italy and iran and South Korea. It's simply a matter of when in this country and we dont even have enough tests. The real death rate is probably lower, similar to South Korea at 0.6% but that is still 6x higher than 0.1% flu rate. And South Korea is much much more well equipped and taking this way more seriously. I hope for the best.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Check the epicurve used by WHO. For reference in wuhan when there was 258 cases and 6 deaths, they banned all public events. When it reached 570 cases and 17 deaths they place the entire hubei province in complete quarantine and it ended up being over 80,000 cases. Our country will never enact these aggressive measures so even given the low deaths and low cases, it will exponentially explode just like Italy and iran and South Korea. It's simply a matter of when in this country and we dont even have enough tests. The real death rate is probably lower, similar to South Korea at 0.6% but that is still 6x higher than 0.1% flu rate. And South Korea is much much more well equipped and taking this way more seriously. I hope for the best.
That leaked memo that's been sent to hospitals across the country, estimates that there will be 418,000 deaths in this country and that 1/3 will get it at some point. That's how it could go if we don't enact any extreme measure (ie China) to stifle the spread. This country's fukking hubris is what terrifies me more than anything

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Yeah yeah yeah, we get the whole death rate thing, but the flu has tens of thousands of bodies per season in the US alone and people shrug it off. This has potential for mass casualties based upon the current death rate but those numbers likely aren't even accurate because there are likely ten of thousands, if not hundreds, of undiagnosed cases which if accounted for would lower the overall death rate. The "flu rhetoric" keeps presenting itself because people are in a mass panic over 15 US deaths and 100(?) confirmed cases while people have been apathetic about influenza despite it having a consistent track record of actual deaths.
A hundred thousand people globally prolly already had this shyt and beat it without even knowing. And there's prolly thousands more walking around right now who got it with no symptoms at all. You account for all of these people and the death rate is prolly damn near non existent. I mean shyt, many of US could have already gotten it and didn't even notice. Because at the end of the day this is a MILD illness that will easily be disposed of by any heathy adult.

Close to 3k people died of the flu in the last week but none of these scary ass posters made a mention of a single one. B b but that death rate!!:damn:.....Coli posters always acting like they're woke but stay falling for bullshyt. shyt is embarassing:scust:

Got dudes stocking up on sardines and cup of noodles like it's the zombie apocalypse:mjlol:.....these muthafukkers are one week away from boobie trappin their houses :pachaha:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That leaked memo that's been sent to hospitals across the country, estimates that there will be 418,000 deaths in this country and that 1/3 will get it at some point. That's how it could go if we don't enact any extreme measure (ie China) to stifle the spread. This country's fukking hubris is what terrifies me more than anything
Yeah that's why people even under quarantine go out in public like it ain't shyt. Half the population listens to trump and his rhetoric. The only way this gets serious is if someone in politics gets it.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

I understand that but the flu has actually killed more people, consistently, for centuries. You tell people to get a flu shot and some will look at you like you have shyt on your face. Meanwhile, people are frightened over this virus with far less deaths, going to lengths such as having a run on masks despite the fact that they're only effective if you already have the virus (which too is likely) as it contains the spread from the infected.

The crazy thing is people are still going to work everyday no questions asked. Outside of corporations/worksites already directly (knowingly) affected by the virus, most employers aren't taking a very proactive approach regarding this virus which is at odds with the rhetoric and panic elsewhere. I know people at this moment who have potential Coronavirus symptoms and they are not only not being sent home but are told they will suffer potential consequences for taking time off. It's like all of this concern and caution are left right outside of the company lobby until it forces itself in via a confirmed case.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
A hundred thousand people globally prolly already had this shyt and beat it without even knowing. And there's prolly thousands more walking around right now who got it with no symptoms at all. You account for all of these people and the death rate is prolly damn near non existent. I mean shyt, many of US could have already gotten it and didn't even notice. Because at the end of the day this is a MILD illness that will easily be disposed of by any heathy adult.

Close to 3k people died of the flu in the last week but none of these scary ass posters made a mention of a single one. B b but that death rate!!:damn:.....Coli posters always acting like they're woke but stay falling for bullshyt. shyt is embarassing:scust:

Got dudes stocking up on sardines and cup of noodles like it's the zombie apocalypse:mjlol:.....these muthafukkers are one week away from boobie trappin their houses :pachaha:

The Coli swears it's at the peak of health and fitness yet deathly afraid of a virus that does the most damage to the elderly and chronically ill. But this is a mild case (:mjgrin:) of panic compared to what I saw on r/coronavirus. You'd think the world was ending given their reactions. Yet, I bet they are still going to work, mingling with the unknowingly infected, like the good little worker bees they are.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

Unless you're prepared to be mildly inconvenienced (spoiler alert: you aren't), this isn't happening in America. Also, most American companies are not extending sick leave to cover a quarantine or even proper recovery time for this virus. To get the sort of response you would like, people would have to stay home from work and then accept and deal with the consequences surrounding that decision.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless you're prepared to be mildly inconvenienced (spoiler alert: you aren't), this isn't happening in America. Also, most American companies are not extending sick leave to cover a quarantine or even proper recovery time for this virus. To get the sort of response you would like, people would have to stay home from work and then accept and deal with the consequences surrounding that decision.
Then a lot of old trump supporters are going to start dying. It’s almost as if..they’ve voted for this type of response:ohhh: