COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
I’ve developed a cough, sore throat and my body feeling warm brehs.

there was a case of this shyt in Raleigh where I am currently at?

do I need to panic? I’m a healthy young person..I am still moving around like normal and I don’t FEEL shytty but I figure I’ma stay in my dorm tonight and just drink tea and eat some soup and shyt.

tenor.gif

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I work for a hospital we just got this email

Vacation travel to areas where the government has recommended avoiding non-essential travel is strongly discouraged, but if you do go on vacation in these countries, you must:

• Report that travel to your manager and Occupational Health and Safety before you go.
  • Understand that you will not be able to come back to work for 14 days after your return home.
  • You will not be paid during this required quarantine period.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So........

Where did this virus come from?
Why is it called 'corona' ?
When was it first reported?
Who discovered it?
What's its relation to sars/mers?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
So........

Who discovered it?

Waddup @FluffyCorleone . Welcome to the desert of the real.

Lots of guesswork out there. Lots of conflicting stories. First cases started in Wuhan, China.

Because of the crown shaped appendages on the virus. For some they resemble the ridges on a crown. Corona == Crown in some language.

f0070229-coronavirus_artwork-spl.jpg

acVDux0.png

Dec 2019 IIRC.

Who discovered it?
It is hard to say. Given the way it developed it's probably more a matter of identification than discovery. It was noticed way before it was officially recognized / acknowledged as a new and distinct corona virus.
There is probably something on wiki.

They are all single RNA Corona Viruses. The official name of this current virus is Covid19 aka SARS-CoV-2.
As they are single strand RNA they cannot live outside of host cells (although they can survive for a period. a number of days by all accounts).
They rely on entering living cells to live, reproduce and to debilitate their hosts.
They are all respiratory diseases.
Covid19 enters lung lining cells and multiplies. A side effect of this is that they produce bacteria within the cells which causes infection. The cells linings shed which reduces and impedes both their and other lung cells' ability to function normally which can lead to internal swelling, Bronchitis, excess fluid and inability to breathe.
Further it has been suggested that Covid19 damages other organs.
Covid19 has been found in feces, urine and the blood of sufferers.
Sufferers also die of organ failure including heart failure.

Links
Case tracker: Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
World Health Organization: Corona Virus general Coronavirus
World Health Organization: Corona Virus Coviid19 Coronavirus

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
I work for a hospital we just got this email

Vacation travel to areas where the government has recommended avoiding non-essential travel is strongly discouraged, but if you do go on vacation in these countries, you must:

• Report that travel to your manager and Occupational Health and Safety before you go.
  • Understand that you will not be able to come back to work for 14 days after your return home.
  • You will not be paid during this required quarantine period.
I also work in a hospital and I got a similar emal

Noth that not getting paid part tho....that's crazy

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking at a list of countries with it, some random ass countries like Palestine, Togo, Faroe Island, Afghanistan. This is truly global.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They’re probably spreading this shyt via chem trails. They were going hard these last few days. :francis:
Stop making me out you fukking idiots.

Hold this dummy

seriously breh...this thread is teeming with lots of valuable information to inform you and that was what your lazy YouTube attention span having ass came up with.

I fukking hate stupidity and some of ya’ll have fallen ill by it