COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I saw a tweet from a researcher about this and commented on it in this thread a couple pages back. I think it’s been around longer than that, and it’s far less severe than has been feared. Perhaps due to the other factors I listed above. We are far and away in better respiratory health than the Chinese.

Than the Chinese, the Iranians, the Italians, the South Koreans ... ? With far higher diabetes, hypertension and all the other co-morbid conditions that have been mentioned over and over again in this thread

71Z4yfpl.png

The growth rate outside of China is now larger than that within China.

The first reported case in China was 1st Dec 2019 . When this thread started circa 7 weeks after that there were only 300 cases and only 6 deaths.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Than the Chinese, the Iranians, the Italians, the South Koreans ... ? With far higher diabetes, hypertension and all the other co-morbid conditions that have been mentioned over and over again in this thread

71Z4yfpl.png

The growth rate outside of China is now larger than that within China.

The first reported case in China was 1st Dec 2019 . When this thread started circa 7 weeks after that there were only 300 cases and only 6 deaths.
Left Singapore out. Guess that doesn’t fit the narrative. How bout this champ. I’ll bet you the american death rates are lower in 6 months time than the death rates in China, and I’ll put up 5k

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I saw a tweet from a researcher about this and commented on it in this thread a couple pages back. I think it’s been around longer than that, and it’s far less severe than has been feared. Perhaps due to the other factors I listed above. We are far and away in better respiratory health than the Chinese.

I know of 4 people that have had a cough last for 2-3 weeks these last couple months. Now I know that's always been around but I can't ever remember multiple people telling me the same thing. All were sick for a few days with fever and bounced back pretty quick, but the cough been lingering :jbhmm:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
How bout this champ. I’ll bet you the american death rates are lower in 6 months time than the death rates in China, and I’ll put up 5k

You might have a point if people were just left on the street to take care of themselves but healthcare is too big of a variable.

But if you are in the mood for a bet, I'd wager 10K that infection rates (as long as there is no proven scandal related to under-testing), are higher in the USA then China.

Agreed?

And as part of the deal, when you lose you agree to stop spouting non-sequitur premature conclusions.

Deal?

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
You might have a point if people were just left on the street to take care of themselves but healthcare is too big of a variable.

But if you are in the mood for a bet, I'd wager 10K that infection rates (as long as there is no proven scandal related to under-testing), are higher in the USA then China.

Agreed?

And as part of the deal, when you lose you agree to stop spouting non-sequitur premature conclusions.

Deal?
Who’s saying there won’t be infections? There’s already been plenty of infections here. It a) hasn’t been tested, partly because it b) hasn’t been as severe as feared. No ones saying there won’t be infections. I, as well as many others who are actually in the medical field, simply don’t think it will be as high a death rate here as has been widely reported. It’s as simple as that. The public panic hasn’t even started yet. The food and supply shortages. The crime that will escalate during a food and supply shortage situation etc. will be absolute mayhem in city centers

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The actual death rate is likely less than the fear mongers wish it to be as it is suspected that many more people have, or had, the virus with either no symptoms or mild symptoms and recovered without testing or a visit to the doctor. It's amazing that certain people seem to actively hope for a global pandemic event and have invested themselves in each ailment of the week that has presented itself. I get human nature tends to lead towards pessimism, but the "everyone has a voice" era that social media has ushered in has created a Doomsday Olympics where even the supposed experts can't resist making mildly sensationalist tweets instead of urging caution, rational thought and seriousness and spreading useful information.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Who’s saying there won’t be infections? There’s already been plenty of infections here. It a) hasn’t been tested, partly because it b) hasn’t been as severe as feared. No ones saying there won’t be infections. I, as well as many others who are actually in the medical field, simply don’t think it will be as high a death rate here as has been widely reported. It’s as simple as that. The public panic hasn’t even started yet. The food and supply shortages. The crime that will escalate during a food and supply shortage situation etc. will be absolute mayhem in city centers

You are in the "medical field". Do you think that people are daft? Medical field covers everything from receptionist to chief surgeon general. It's clear from what you have said that you do not have a clear structured grasp on the issues, irrespective of which medical experts you work next to.

I can't be bothered to dig out your posts in this thread but if you force me to I will. Or maybe I won't.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
You are in the "medical field". Do you think that people are daft? Medical field covers everything from receptionist to chief surgeon general. It's clear from what you have said that you do not have a clear structured grasp on the issues, irrespective of which medical experts you work next to.

I can't be bothered to dig out your posts in this thread but if you force me to I will. Or maybe I won't.
I’m a bookie. Says right on my name and I said as much. Other medical professionals, doing work researching this virus, have said the same. Others who are actually in the medical field, as was written. Do you think the death rate will be just as high in the US as has been reported in China? If not, what are we even arguing here? Is this guy a receptionist? Does he not have a clear structured grasp of his field? Straight from Anthony Fauci

“On the basis of a case definition requiring a diagnosis of pneumonia, the currently reported case fatality rate is approximately 2%.4 In another article in the Journal, Guan et al.5 report mortality of 1.4% among 1099 patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19; these patients had a wide spectrum of disease severity. If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

Who knows more about viral epidemics. “Tenet” on the Coli.com, or Anthony Fauci and his team that published that report?

Last edited:

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
I sure as hell hope this virus is just the flu 1.0....but i don't remember a recent pandemic that has this severe disruption in our collective lives...IE ...this guy at work just lost 10k on his 401k.

@Absolut I really hope this shyt all hype.... I'm from Vegas...my whole fam is from Vegas...I got uncle's cousins etc that depends on tips to pay their bills...man I hope you're right ...I remember the economy crashing in '08 and what that did to the town and me personally.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I sure as hell hope this virus is just the flu 1.0....but i don't remember a recent pandemic that has this severe disruption in our collective lives....

That was a symptom of our horrible financial system, the catalyst being emotional and illogical persons having access to too much meaningless information, not the coronavirus.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
When looking at spread rates surely economic and social factors should be looked at?

I would imagine bytch ass westerners are more likely to get treated and checked hence more reports?

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
That was a symptom of our horrible financial system, the catalyst being emotional and illogical persons having access to too much meaningless information, not the coronavirus.
My question is why hasn't any other virus caused this kind of disruption in the global financial system like this one ...we had SARS EBOLA BIRD FLU ...but why is THIS virus different....I'm not an expert on this but I'm hoping you're RIGHT and this an illogical understanding by the general public ...I lean towards you being correct from what I know so far

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
:hhh:
The actual death rate is likely less than the fear mongers wish it to be as it is suspected that many more people have, or had, the virus with either no symptoms or mild symptoms and recovered without testing or a visit to the doctor. It's amazing that certain people seem to actively hope for a global pandemic event and have invested themselves in each ailment of the week that has presented itself. I get human nature tends to lead towards pessimism, but the "everyone has a voice" era that social media has ushered in has created a Doomsday Olympics where even the supposed experts can't resist making mildly sensationalist tweets instead of urging caution, rational thought and seriousness and spreading useful information.
:shaq:

Last edited: