5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Did either of you go to the doctor?
Hell naw
:mjlol:

You know how much a doctor's visit cost in this country?
:pachaha:

But on some real shyt, if this shyt breaks out over here, it will spread fast cause alot of people refuse to go to the doctor until the ambulance has to pick them up. The cost of being healthy is steep out here.

:francis:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I coincidentally had a physical coming up with my primary care doctor at the same time but had to reschedule it
If you had a sore throat and all that it wasn’t this. But I absolutely feel it’s been festering also, and it just doesn’t affect us as bad over here as the virus in Chinese does. shyt air they breathe all their lives, pretty high percentage smoke, unsanitary conditions, extremely dense populations, etc. I dunno how much of an actual barometer China is for a respiratory virus, but I’m obviously no doctor. I am a bookie, and I’d be extremely comfortable taking wagers on the american death rates being less than the China death rates. I’m still in the prepare but not panic camp, simply due to the possible supply chain disruption, straight utter panic from others, and economic ramifications as those will be what affects most folks tenfold more than the actual virus does. I’m still way, way more likely to die going to work tomorrow on this stretch of 215 Freeway that’s under construction than from this virus.

Aintnobodystupid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
If you had a sore throat and all that it wasn’t this. But I absolutely feel it’s been festering also, and it just doesn’t affect us as bad over here as the virus in Chinese does. shyt air they breathe all their lives, pretty high percentage smoke, unsanitary conditions, extremely dense populations, etc. I dunno how much of an actual barometer China is for a respiratory virus, but I’m obviously no doctor. I am a bookie, and I’d be extremely comfortable taking wagers on the american death rates being less than the China death rates. I’m still in the prepare but not panic camp, simply due to the possible supply chain disruption, straight utter panic from others, and economic ramifications as those will be what affects most folks tenfold more than the actual virus does. I’m still way, way more likely to die going to work tomorrow on this stretch of 215 Freeway that’s under construction than from this virus.

Just saw an ABC News report where researchers in Washington believe it had been spreading for 6 weeks already.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Just saw an ABC News report where researchers in Washington believe it had been spreading for 6 weeks already.

I saw a tweet from a researcher about this and commented on it in this thread a couple pages back. I think it’s been around longer than that, and it’s far less severe than has been feared. Perhaps due to the other factors I listed above. We are far and away in better respiratory health than the Chinese.

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
:russ: i always tell people this

Everytime earth comes up with a new species to take over there's usually some kind of extinction event either right before or right after

Yall thought them dinosaurs knew they shyt was gonna get rocked? :heh: no way in hell this planet is gonna end with dumbass humans on top
That's just the natural order of life. All species go extinct eventually. We've overstayed our welcome by prolonging our lives with technology.

Just think of all the diseases throughout our history that mother nature has tried to kill us off with. If it wasn't for the medicine and modern technology, we would've been gone a long time ago.

Now we will probably never truly know If this disease was man made or natural but mother nature has been trying to kick us out of the front door for years, and we're constantly kicking and screaming, dragging our heels in trying not to leave: hurricanes, tornados, flood, monsoons, droughts, climate change, diseases, plague. We just refuse to go.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

You already moved the goal posts from "just a flu".

But you are still trying to conflate action with panic. What manifestations of straight utter panic are you talking about?

And then you seem to not understand that economic ramifications are due to the virus. What you said is like saying in World War II most people were affected by the bad economy rather than the war. Or like saying in nuclear war most people would be affected by the lack of arable soil rather than the bombs.

The illness, the treatment and the economic fallout are all inter-related phenomenon.

LYucv80l.png

The economic fallout from the Chinese govt's actions is real and there was no "panic" involved on their part.

They focused on 1 and 3 from the above diagram (to reduce R naught) and thereby sacrificed no. 2 - the economy.