COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Before i left for Vietnam/Singerpoor/Philapines/Taipei on February 1st... I knew things would get worser before it got gooder, but now that I'm back in the Emerald City... not only did this Corona virus infection rate spike exponentially... but now there's two people in my state that weren't even in Asia recently ... dieds from it.

WTF.

Man, y'all should have seen the resorts in Da Nang, Vietnam (the second largest tourist destination there after Saigon.. i mean, this place is a resort paradise and a lovers excursion, everyone should place this joint in their bucket list - granted, things dwindle/die off, and i'm certain it will). The occupancy rate at almost every restaurant/bar we drove past was less than 20 percent. Since I go every couple years, it was so surreal and ghost-town like.

A place that's usually bustling and filled with tourism and associated industry... seemingly dead.

If this keeps pace, not sure how all those multi-hundred million dollar resorts and corresponding businesses will stay afloat. For one, just goes to show the spending/travel power of Chinese (they are the ones that frequent/tour vietnam the most, next up Koreans, but they are no where near the force Chinese are).

It's really depressing and since i plan on returning next February for new years... i pray with all my soul and spirit that this disease simply eradicates itself or a cure is manifested before things become the worstest since the Bubonic Plaque in Eurasia.

Interesting post,, as far as the bolded,

not even close bruh, we will be alright

Last edited:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Trump's economy has been decimated and now his voting bloc may be in the crosshairs. Might be the end for the boomers. Such is life. :yeshrug:

Also, many of us probably have the Coronavirus already. As a healthy adult truck driver I'm probably spreading it all over the country. Nothing you can really do but be vigilant about your health and if/when you get sick, go get treated. Look out for your medically at risk friends and family and the elderly. Beyond that what can you do? It's here and it's going to spread. A lot of people will get sick, relatively few will die (but each death will be sensationalized) and everyone else will recover. Take it seriously but the panic and fear mongering is pathetic. The misinformation being spread, in some cases intentionally, is more dangerous than the virus itself. If a mild respiratory disease has brought Iran to it's knees the human race doesn't deserve to survive. There is going to be something much worse down the pipeline and if we can't pass the practice rounds we're doomed when the real game starts.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I starting to think this virus has been in America more than just a few weeks, possibly several months.

Most likely so. Just imagine if the Chinese, whom the Coli had pegged for several years to be the new masters of the world, had not bungled their response to the outbreak in the Hubei province, this wouldn't be a blip on the radar. China's mishandling of the virus has caused a domino effect of incompetence that has exposed society as the fragile, poorly assembled and maintained house of cards that it is.