cases today
+239
Total deaths
Deaths today
+8
Active cases
Recovered cases
serous and critical

105/1050 cases in serious or critical .. that’s a 10% clip of the active cases.

serious meaning at least moderate pneumonia, critical meaning organ dysfunction or respiratory failure.
:picard:

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
“The meek shall inherit the earth “

tell em
full

Hell naw

Italy

total cases
cases today
+239
Total deaths
Deaths today
+8
Active cases
Recovered cases
serous and critical

serious meaning at least moderate pneumonia, critical meaning organ dysfunction or respiratory failure.

Just the flu bro. Nothin but a common cold :troll:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
think it's safe to say this virus won't be spreading on the motherland besides South African and North Africa because of the Mediterranean climate
there's been only 2 confirm cases in sub saharan africa this whole month and the half. That shyt would have spread by now considering how densely populated West Africa is. I don't need expert to tell me shyt.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
What happened to all the other viruses such as bird flu, west nile virus, sars, etc.? Did they all disappear? They all happened within the last twenty years or so, and I'm sure they still have the information of what occurred at that time yet I don't hear about anyone getting those viruses these days. Was there a cure discovered or did the last person to die from it not pass it on to anyone else and it died with them?

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What happened to all the other viruses such as bird flu, west nile virus, sars, etc.? Did they all disappear? They all happened within the last twenty years or so, and I'm sure they still have the information of what occurred at that time yet I don't hear about anyone getting those viruses these days. Was there a cure discovered or did the last person to die from it not pass it on to anyone else and it died with them?

Swine flu has a vaccine that is included in the regular flu vaccine and isn’t very deadly.

During its outbreak 60 million in the US got it but just roughly 12,000 died. I think that’s like a .02 case mortality rate. So it’s basically like an additional flu, definitely level 1 of 5 on the pandemic severity index.

Ebola is extremely deadly. Like a 30% death rate. Folks in the Congo still struggle with this but our CDC is very active there, keeping it at bay. It’s not very transmissive because by the time a person becomes contagious, they are basically bed-ridden, and visibly sick so it’s easier to isolate those cases and prevent community spread.

sars is the most similar (hence this is sars cov 2)

similar symptoms.. with SARS 1 though..its more deadly (9 percent case mortality rate vs roughly 2%) but it did not have this weird asymptomatic incubation period where people who didn’t yet feel sick could pass the virus.

so it was relatively easier to find those who were exposed by doing contact tracing on who was infected. With this, you don’t know who’s infected for a long period of time thus you can’t reliably determine who was exposed and you can’t trace the epidemiological connections well enough to stamp to it.

plus with sars cov 2, the timing has been bad so far. China had an initial outbreak during Chinese New Year where millions of people traveled home to visit family and then likely back to where ever they currently live. In the US we have an administration that uninvested in global infectious disease control and have not set up our national infrastructure to battle something like this.

Here is a good documentary on how the world responded to and stamped out Sars 1:

Here’s a vid of Bill Gates discussing what we would have to do to be ready for a pandemic 4 years ago..
We ain’t ready

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
still here

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Hell naw

Italy

total cases
cases today
+239
Total deaths
Deaths today
+8
Active cases
Recovered cases
serous and critical

Dave Chappelle voice: "fukk that. Staying in the crib tonight!"