COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I don't want to downplay the potential severity of this virus, but was there even close to this much coverage and "hoopla" during SARS, Swine Flu, Ebola, etc. Or are alot of these headlines just about getting as many clicks as possible? I know that my post may seem a little bit cynical, but I wonder...

R naught ..

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
milan looks crazy

25236576-8048165-image-a-1_1582742658669.jpg

25236574-8048165-image-a-3_1582742658689.jpg

25236582-8048165-image-a-5_1582742658691.jpg

25238752-8048165-image-a-23_1582745842575.jpg
Wow
Damn when this shyt NYC the whole damn subway system going be clapped up ...took the train this morning and you can hardly move the way shyt is crowded

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't want to downplay the potential severity of this virus, but was there even close to this much coverage and "hoopla" during SARS, Swine Flu, Ebola, etc. Or are alot of these headlines just about getting as many clicks as possible? I know that my post may seem a little bit cynical, but I wonder...

Breh I remember sars, I lived in toronto which was the epic centre of sars in north america.

Tourism took a nose dive and everyone was shook. Social media, internet etc. is much bigger than it was then, plus the transmission of corona is what everyone is really shook off.

swine flu aka h1n1 had a vaccine

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Breh I remember sars, I lived in toronto which was the epic centre of sars in north america.

Tourism took a nose dive and everyone was shook. Social media, internet etc. is much bigger than it was then, plus the transmission of corona is what everyone is really shook off.

swine flu aka h1n1 had a vaccine

I lived in Malvern. Probably the hardest hit community. My neighbor died of that shyt. A few local doctors at walk in clinics and nurses died. My girl (Filipino) of course is a nurse...

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
:jbhmm: I have a question. Is it possible that China's air quality is so bad that the virus was able to run rampant through the population in a way it might not do elsewhere? That there might be another reason, aside from the genetic theory, that the Chinese populace has proven so susceptible?

Im asking bc i heard that the air quality had noticeably, visibly improved since they shut down so many factories for the quarantine and it set my mind to spinning.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I lived in Malvern. Probably the hardest hit community. My neighbor died of that shyt. A few local doctors at walk in clinics and nurses died. My girl (Filipino) of course is a nurse...

my tdot breh :salute:

yeah so you remember breh
ish was scary to say the least

Tourism was hit so bad that they had that concert at downsview

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Post-apocalypse PAWG'ers gon' be like

:dead:

It's in North Carolina I believe...
Someone I know says a patient at Duke med has it

If you check a link I have in the this thread, you'll see it's another school that has some explainin to do with regards to this virus....:unimpressed:...

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
One thing I'll say about being in Hong Kong. Everyone wore masks as a matter of course and paid attention to their cleanliness.

In the states? Good luck. You'll get people who dont give a fukk, people who think it looks weird to wear one, plus potentially expensive trips to the doctor

:whoo:

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm: I have a question. Is it possible that China's air quality is so bad that the virus was able to run rampant through the population in a way it might not do elsewhere? That there might be another reason, aside from the genetic theory, that the Chinese populace has proven so susceptible?

Im asking bc i heard that the air quality had noticeably, visibly improved since they shut down so many factories for the quarantine and it set my mind to spinning.

I don't think polluted air makes a virus easier to spread. I think most airborne transmission is indoors (stagnant air, poorly ventilated) vs outdoors where the particles have more space to disperse.

Outdoors conditions can affect airborne transmission, but not the level of contaminants in the air. More like UV and temperature.

First bullet point in this section goes in detail on how outdoor conditions can affect transmission: Airborne disease - Wikipedia

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Update (1435ET): County officials in Westchester have just confirmed that 8 people are under quarantine.

New York City has reiterated that it has zero confirmed cases.

Update (1345ET): If you're wondering what caused the latest leg lower in stocks, we believe we've found the answer: 83 people in Long Island's Nassau County are being monitored for coronavirus infection, threatening to make the CDC's warnings about imminent community outbreaks come true.

i just ate chinese food IN nassau county yesterday :damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn: