COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps

:gucci: the audacity

:mjtf: China has no shame. Be the source of the problem and then act all indignant, brehs
2 weeks ago I got a knock on my door around 11:30pm. I open the door it's my Chinese neighbor.

Chinese neighbor: "Hi dtown, can you help me, the electricity seems to be out in my house. I've been in China for 2 months and just got bac..." *Door slammed in her face*

Breh I slammed that door so hard in her face. :mjlol:

Dumb bytch really tried to bring the corona to my front door.:what:

I pulled back the window curtain told her sorry I wasn't feeling well and that she should call her electric company. She walked off looking embarrassed.

I woke up early the next day and disinfected my entire door. I'm not playing with any of these Chinese mfers especially the ones who go back n forth to the mainland. I hate that we're so dependent on them otherwise all travel would have been shutdown by now.

She's seen me twice since and not said anything to me. I hope it stays that way. :mjlol:

:mjlol: Y’all are something else
Coli folk always keeping it real :salute:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine how many vectors came from just this one woman. The imagine the ones that come from each one of them.

They're not going to be able to contain this shyt at this point. I think this will in time just be another sickness we have to deal with.
This one woman could of infected over 1000 people during the incubation period

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
"The novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV / SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) discovered in Wuhan China in late 2019 is much more serious than has been acknowledged by mainstream sources in the US:
  • It can spread suspended in the air for hours, through ventilation systems.
  • It spreads exponentially: each person infects on average 2 others.
  • Diagnostic kits for this virus are not widely available.
  • It has a very high rate of cases requiring hospital care, roughly 1 in 5.
  • The flu is going to kill tens of thousands as usual. The US has limited capacity to deal with the additional healthcare burden resulting from a large increase in severely ill people.
  • Most masks are useless, both for those infected and those trying not to become infected.
It makes sense to take reasonable precautions now:

• The most important thing you can do is not get sick.
  • If you are sick now, stay home. Cancel everything.
  • Stay out of hospitals and clinics unless necessary.
  • Call your doctor if you have symptoms outside the range of a normal cold or flu.
What We Know
According to a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association, the most common symptoms are fever (98%), fatigue (70%), dry cough (60%), loss of appetite (40%), aching muscles (34%), and shortness of breath (31%). There may also be diarrhea (10%), nausea (10%), dizziness (10%), vomiting (4%), chills, sore throat, runny nose, headache, etc. A cough or fever is likely to be first. Since these symptoms are identical to those you would expect from many common illnesses, there’s no reason to panic if you get them. Odds are far greater that you have a cold or the flu.

Based on the largest study to date (n=72,314) from inside China conducted by the China Center for Disease Control, the symptom severity was:

• Mild for 81 percent
  • Severe for 14 percent
  • Critical for 5 percent(mostly older people).
As of February 19th, China announced via state media that the virus is airborne — it is spread via aerosol, not just droplets. This means that staying a few feet from folks who are coughing helps but does not prevent you from getting sick. An aerosolized virus can stay airborne for hours and spread through air circulation systems like ships, trains, airplanes, and buildings.

Most face masks are ineffective."

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
So much ignorance in this thread. The internet really gave the misinformed and stupid a platform :snoop:

Yep like here

What’s the link between ACE2 and Coronavirus? What’s the mechanism there?

It was suggested that this enzyme was more prevalent in Asians and as it was thought to be the means by which Corona Virus enters a cell, Asians were more likely to to develop severe symptoms.

and here

I haven’t seen evidence yet that this thing is killing healthy, young, immunocompetent people. Am I right? Until that starts happening I’m not losing sleep.

You are wrong.

Smokers
Diasbetes
Hypertension

are co-morbid risk factors.

:snoop:* 2

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What We Know
According to a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association, the most common symptoms are fever (98%), fatigue (70%), dry cough (60%), loss of appetite (40%), aching muscles (34%), and shortness of breath (31%). There may also be diarrhea (10%), nausea (10%), dizziness (10%), vomiting (4%), chills, sore throat, runny nose, headache, etc. no reason to panic if you get them. Odds are far greater that you have a cold or the flu.

Thanks for posting this, I was looking for those numbers specifically!

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Yep like here

It was suggested that this enzyme was more prevalent in Asians and as it was thought to be the means by which Corona Virus enters a cell, Asians were more likely to to develop severe symptoms.

and here

You are wrong.

Smokers
Diasbetes
Hypertension

Having co morbid risk factors in itself means you aren’t healthy. What’s your point? Smoking can weaken lung tissue and the immune response. So nothing I said there was false. This disease is STILL only killing less than 2% of those who contract it. How does me asking a valid question to someone’s claim about the link between ACE2 and the virus on a mechanism I haven’t studied yet invalidate anything?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Having co morbid risk factors in itself means you aren’t healthy. What’s your point? Smoking can weaken lung tissue and the immune response. So nothing I said there was false. This disease is STILL only killing less than 2% of those who contract it. How does me asking a valid question to someone’s claim about the link between ACE2 and the virus on a mechanism I haven’t studied yet invalidate anything?

I ain't arguing. If you meant that as a set of AND statements you should only have posted the first two - Healthy + Young + No immunodeficiencies.

Healthy already covers immunodeficiencies and in some minds already covers old age too.

As written it suggests or .. i.e. if healthy, young OR no immunodeficiencies.

Plus you cannot know whether you are unhealthy.

Oh and..

from the WHO

HfZz6yYl.png

And it's up to 20% that will require hospitalization. It's 2% morbidity with adequate care.

And I suppose the main point is not to charge in here throwing aspersions at people when it is clear from your posts that you are still trying to work things out like the rest of us.

Last edited:

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep like here

and here

You are wrong.

Smokers
Diasbetes
Hypertension

the clinical reports are too limited to know for sure one way or the other..

A more recent study points to there still being a difference in ACE2 receptors amongst populations.. the difference may not be genetic but environmental however

In summary, we systematically analyzed coding-region variants in ACE2 and the eQTL variants, which may affect the expression of ACE2 using the GTEx database to compare the genomic characteristics of ACE2 among different populations. Our findings indicated that no direct evidence was identified genetically supporting the existence of coronavirus S-protein binding-resistant ACE2 mutants in different populations (Fig. 1a). The data of variant distribution and AFs may contribute to the further investigations of ACE2, including its roles in acute lung injury and lung function12. The East Asian populations have much higher AFs in the eQTL variants associated with higher ACE2 expression in tissues (Fig. 1c), which may suggest different susceptibility or response to 2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2 from different populations under the similar conditions.

Comparative genetic analysis of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2) receptor ACE2 in different populations

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I ain't arguing. If you meant that as a set of AND statements you should only have posted the first two - Healthy + Young + No immunodeficiencies.

Healthy already covers immunodeficiencies and in some minds already covers old age too.

Oh and..

from the WHO

HfZz6yY.png

And it's up to 20% that will require hospitalization. It's 2% morbidity with adequate care.

And I suppose the main point is not to charge in here throwing aspersions at people when it is clear from your posts that you are still trying to work things out like the rest of us.
Fair, but when people are talking about slamming doors I’m front of Chinese people and saying shyt like we all gonna die, the academic and factual nature of the discussion becomes muddled and that’s not ok.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ain't arguing.ge too.

@TENET and @OneManGang

chill bros lol we all figuring it out together