COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I stocked up on edibles a couple of weeks ago and have enough for like 2 months if I went through them heavy. But this shyt has actually put a damper on my desire to indulge. Haven't touched it for a good two weeks now.

One of the thing I loved about it is to indulge in my munchies but with everything shut down, takes some of the fun out of it. Its already a pain in the ass to go to the store, so if I eat through all my food, that is going to be a bit of headache :francis:

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Illinois reports first known COVID-19-related infant death in US

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) confirmed Saturday that an infant in the state has died due to coronavirus.

This is the first known infant death related to the COVID-19 outbreak in the U.S., according to a report from The New York Times.

“I know how difficult this news can be, especially about this very young child. Upon hearing it, I admit, I was immediately shaken, and it’s appropriate for any of us to grieve today,” Pritzker told reporters Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
“It's especially sorrowful for the family of this very small child for the years stolen from this infant. We should grieve. We should grieve with our family of state employees. With the many people who we’ve already lost to this virus, young and old. We should grieve for the loss of a sense of normalcy that we left behind just a few weeks ago. It’s okay, today, to grieve.

The Illinois governor also said that the virus is “rarely fatal” among children. He told reporters that a state employee at the Illinois Department of Human Services was also among those dead from the virus Saturday.

Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said that there has “never before been a death associated with COVID-19 in an infant” in a Saturday statement.

ADVERTISEMENT
“A full investigation is underway to determine the cause of death," Ezike said. "We must do everything we can to prevent the spread of this deadly virus. If not to protect ourselves, but to protect those around us,” the official continued.

However, a child under a year old in China died from coronavirus, CNN reported. That child had a pre-existing condition.

A 2-month-old child in Nashville, Tenn., tested positive for coronavirus this week. Florida health officials confirmed Tuesday that a baby boy who is under 1 year old was also confirmed to be infected with the virus.

Pritzker has previously clashed with President Trump amid the coronavirus pandemic. Trump lashed out at Pritzker and other governors who have criticized the federal government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic on Twitter earlier Sunday. Pritzker later hit back, tweeting at the president to

Kool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last updated: March 29, 2020, 04:26 GMT
tn_it-flag.gif

Italy

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Italy's coronavirus death toll passes 10,000. Many are asking why the fatality rate is so high

When Milan resident Antonia Mortensen was pulled over by police while driving recently, it wasn't for a traffic offense. It was to instruct her fellow passenger to sit in the back of the car and to check that both were wearing face masks.

"We were told we cannot both sit in the front," said the CNN journalist, who was on her way to hospital with her husband to visit a sick relative.

"We have a special certificate giving us permission to go to the hospital," she said, adding that the relative does not have coronavirus.
Such are the tight restrictions on Italians now living in the deadliest hotspot of the global coronavirus pandemic.

Italy's death toll is now the highest in the world at 10,023. Fatalities passed the grim milestone on Saturday, with an increase of 889 since the last figures were released on Friday, according to Italy's Civil Protection Agency.
With 92,472 confirmed cases, Italy appears to have the highest death rate on the planet. Compare it to China, the epicenter of the pandemic, which has a roughly similar number of confirmed cases at 81,997, but under a third as many deaths, at 3,299, according to Johns Hopkins University and Medicine.

Indeed Italy now has the second-highest number of confirmed cases in the world after the United States, which stands at 105,470. But the US has a fraction of the deaths, at just over 1,700.
As Italy enters its sixth week of restrictions, many are asking: why does its death rate seem so much higher than other countries?
Experts say it's down to a combination of factors, like the country's large elderly population which is more susceptible to the virus, and the method of testing that's not giving the full picture about infections.

Last edited:

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I stocked up on edibles a couple of weeks ago and have enough for like 2 months if I went through them heavy. But this shyt has actually put a damper on my desire to indulge. Haven't touched it for a good two weeks now.

One of the thing I loved about it is to indulge in my munchies but with everything shut down, takes some of the fun out of it. Its already a pain in the ass to go to the store, so if I eat through all my food, that is going to be a bit of headache :francis:

It took forever to disinfect these damn groceries, I’m dreading going back.. I’m trying to limit it to every 2 weeks

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Any other states have really lenient exemptions on these state wide stay at home orders? fukking ABC stores are allowed to stay open in North Carolina. I work at a yarn manufacturer and we're fukking exempt somehow. Basically anything that isn't normal retail is exempt and it just boggles my mind.
Most likely every state with a Republican Governor is treating this like another day because of corrupted leadership

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster

have an employee that ingests edibles frequently. Good kid... but as dumb as rocks or a wingless hummingbird.

Your post reminds me of him. Kinda going off on a blind tangent with no coherence and/or purpose. Totally random.

Sometimes ill tell him where parts are and he’ll totally forget or go leave work early for personal reasons when i know its to get high.

How are people who do so much htc/marijuana productive? If he wasnt actually such a good person and fun to be around... id give him the boot. But i tolerate it because i believe he’ll change for the better one day.

god speed to us all.