COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
didn't James Dolan just sell the old Forum to Steve Ballmer for 400 milly profit earlier this week? Now he got the Rona, that's a hell of a week brehs

"ask Steve Jobs wealth don't buy health"

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look to the cruise ship, death rate of 0.9% That may very well be where we settle. Only question is how many will be infected
Yea, but the Diamond Princess last time I checked had 712 cases with 10 deaths and 15 still in serious or critical.

10 of 712 is 1.4%

I hope ALL of the remaining are in serious not critical and pull through but if even 3 don’t.. that’s 1.8%

y’all probably right tho, 0.9% to 1%....

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I feel you but mortality rate doesn't really matter right now. This is a respiratory virus not just a common flu. People need to be put on oxygen and there's a shortage of them. It doesn't really matter what percentage of people die because alot of people are getting infected fast and they need more drastic care compared to the flu.
Some of the paranoia from this is getting out of hand. I can't even go into my apartment building's rental office and put money on my washing machine card. They're telling me to get quarters. They sure as hell didn't turn the charge off on the machines. If I gotta do 2 loads that's like 28 quarters. Pain in the ass to get right now.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by. Isaiah 26:20

If you hear of an outbreak of plague in a land, do not enter it; but if the plague breaks out in a place while you are in it, do not leave that place.

:wow:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
In one respect the mortality rate in the US is likely to be well under 1% because we're not testing everybody. The people that die and the people that get tested are only the ones that go seek medical attention and actually get tested or require hospitalization. In all likelihood there's probably far more people that get this and self resolve without ever seeking medical attention or getting tested. Many may have never known they had it.

The other way the argument is also being made that some people are dying from this and not being associated with it.
The majority of people with symptoms that get tested, test negative. Which means it is more deadly for those that test positive, not less. Same with assuming most people have it already

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Yea, but the Diamond Princess last time I checked had 712 cases with 10 deaths and 15 still in serious or critical.

10 of 712 is 1.4%

I hope ALL of the remaining are in serious not critical and pull through but if even 3 don’t.. that’s 1.8%

y’all probably right, 0.9% to 1%....

Hadn't seen those updated numbers

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of the paranoia from this is getting out of hand. I can't even go into my apartment building's rental office and put money on my washing machine card. They're telling me to get quarters. They sure as hell didn't turn the charge off on the machines. If I gotta do 2 loads that's like 28 quarters. Pain in the ass to get right now.

Cot damn it costs that much to do 2 loads?

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you hear of an outbreak of plague in a land, do not enter it; but if the plague breaks out in a place while you are in it, do not leave that place.

General Motors MUST immediately open their stupidly abandoned Lordstown plant in Ohio, or some other plant, and START MAKING VENTILATORS, NOW!!!!!! FORD, GET GOING ON VENTILATORS, FAST!!!!!!