COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought this was useful...

based on your location weather.com has the number of cases/death for your respective towns/cities...they also provide the same info for your state...for now my city is relatively low w/ 23 cases and 1 confirmed death so far

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
My mom has been in contact daily which I appreciate. So the deal at her hospital is that she is starting to get concerned with how the hospital is approaching this. First thing she did when she went in is ask where the N95 masks are. They are now locked up because workers were stealing supplies, which actually ended up with some folks being fired for stealing. So next she ask what are the requirements to get one. She was told that if a patient has suspected symptoms or is testing positive. She said this is concerning because while it is understandable why this is being done, given how the virus presents that is not enough to minimize exposure. Especially given how symptoms overlap with the flu and also of course with people being asymptomatic. She is in a high risk profession, high risk age, and mentioned that she has to work directly with people's airways which is increasing her chances. She was very concerned given the requirements to get proper PPE is putting her a higher risk. She said going in without proper ppe is like sending a cop on a job without his gun. It's vital to her job and both her safety and the patient.

bro my fiancée is in the exact same situation. She’s a critical care nurse and opted not to go in when she was assigned a covid unit because of lack of ppe. She might have lost her job. But I understand why she did it. Hospitals gotta get this shyt fixed ASAP

Daps
I thought this was useful...

based on your location weather.com has the number of cases/death for your respective towns/cities...they also provide the same info for your state...for now my city is relatively low w/ 23 cases and 1 confirmed death so far
This is morbid. We’re really entering dark territory. :francis: