COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My god damn state. FINALLY makes the “principled” (dragging their feet while all the other states around us took initiative) decision to close all non-essential businesses....should’ve just indicated what businesses don’t classify as non-essential.

I work in Audi retail. Production has halted. Dealer swaps are done. And yet the governor has mandated that I’m important enough to put myself out there to convince snooty trump supporters with too much money and free time that an Audi is a need and not a want?:stopitslime:

The last two weeks I called out because I wasn’t feeling well and used PTO time anticipating governor fukkhead would right the ship.

Here I am after the shutdown getting ready to tell the GM that two people in my building (this is a blatant lie that I don’t feel remotely bad about telling) are suspected sick and I still don’t feel well on some

fukk this industry :pacspit:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've really been struggling with the transmission of this. It doesn't seem like you'll really get it unless you get close to someone with it and they cough or sneeze and put it into the air. They say for example that if someone coughed over your food you ordered takeout you'd be unlikely to get it but also tell you don't touch your face especially nose and mouth or eyes. Just seems inconsistent to imply I could get it from touching my own mouth but not from food.
Even if a restaurant worker coughs or sneezes directly in your food, you won't catch coronavirus from eating the meal

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
I've really been struggling with the transmission of this. It doesn't seem like you'll really get it unless you get close to someone with it and they cough or sneeze and put it into the air. They say for example that if someone coughed over your food you ordered takeout you'd be unlikely to get it but also tell you don't touch your face especially nose and mouth or eyes. Just seems inconsistent to imply I could get it from touching my own mouth but not from food.
Even if a restaurant worker coughs or sneezes directly in your food, you won't catch coronavirus from eating the meal
corona can survive days on surfaces, but cant take a few hours on a burger or rice.. :mjlol:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
My mom has been in contact daily which I appreciate. So the deal at her hospital is that she is starting to get concerned with how the hospital is approaching this. First thing she did when she went in is ask where the N95 masks are. They are now locked up because workers were stealing supplies, which actually ended up with some folks being fired for stealing. So next she ask what are the requirements to get one. She was told that if a patient has suspected symptoms or is testing positive. She said this is concerning because while it is understandable why this is being done, given how the virus presents that is not enough to minimize exposure. Especially given how symptoms overlap with the flu and also of course with people being asymptomatic. She is in a high risk profession, high risk age, and mentioned that she has to work directly with people's airways which is increasing her chances. She was very concerned given the requirements to get proper PPE is putting her a higher risk. She said going in without proper ppe is like sending a cop on a job without his gun. It's vital to her job and both her safety and the patient.

She says that outside of that all their supplies are still in the "green" status outside of disinfected wipes which are "yellow" as far as their amount of supplies.

She really didn't like what she heard Trump said about the ventilator issue especially since her job has her on the frontlines and one of the highest risks of exposure. She seemed more upset with what she perceived as lack of empathy and callousness than the amount of ventilators and getting them out issue. Won't get into that though as they veers more into some of her political feelings.

Said there are 70 cases In her county and growing.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
corona can survive days on surfaces, but cant take a few hours on a burger or rice.. :mjlol:
Even if it can survive on surfaces that's not the primary transmission method. It needs to get into your respiratory system and scientist seem to say its not really going to do that being aerosolized. The main method of transmission is person to person from a close proximity.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Even if it can survive on surfaces that's not the primary transmission method. It needs to get into your respiratory system and scientist seem to say its not really going to do that being aerosolized. The main method of transmission is person to person from a close proximity.

shouldnt it be able to get in your windpipe if it gets in your mouth?

:patrice:

Last edited:

dza

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area.
So I didn’t know who this Clay Travis guy was so I looked him up. He’s a sports broadcaster. Stop posting his opinions in here they mean nothing. Doctors opinions I respect no matter what they think is going to happen but not this guy.

He has a law degree from one of the most prestigious universities in the country Vanderbilt but is a sports caster/pundit? Y’all really taking the opinions on a viral pandemic from an overqualified radio personality seriously?
He’s also a white supremacist sympathizer.