COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
How do you just accept being the worst hit country, with a median age population, low population density, and an ocean between your borders and Europe? :mindblown:

"The president got put in this unfortunate situation, and now he's being a pragmatist"

That is pretty unfortunate - of 200 countries, America just happens to get hit the worst. What are the chances?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, I disagree with how Westerners try to pin all the blame on China's early mishandling and claiming this could be avoided if China warned them earlier.

This pandemic happened partly because many western countries didn't take it seriously and dragged their feet on implementing anti epidemic measures like what Asian countries are doing (South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore).

There are growing evidences that this virus already spreading in Italy and USA since November, even before Chinese authorities realized it's existence.

Had China took it seriously and warned the world in December while quarantining Wuhan earlier, they might be able to reduce the casualties in China to let's say 10,000 infected and less than 100 death.

Considering Western countries abysmal responses even after witnessing China suffered 80,000 infected and 3,000 death, if China managed to stop this virus earlier with minimal casualties western countries will be taking this virus even less seriously and this pandemic will still happen. The only difference is there will be less casualties in China.

Agreed. The response from the other countries was embarrassing. Now look at them scrambling.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I didn't see anything about what they are going to do to support the poor and less fortunate there under this lockdown.. A lot of them are daily wage workers and wouldn't survive if they are forced to stay indoors.. I really hope they already have a plan in place to help them before enforcing this.
During the initial 3-day lockdown one of the states gave 3.7 million workers about $15 in their bank accounts to hold them over for a little while. Obviously they're gonna need to do that for about 50x as many people at least and keep repeating it every week at least. And what about all the people that don't have a bank account? Plus you got that many fools going back-and-forth to the banks during a lockdown, cause it's not like their local market has ATM swipers?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Man... who do we believe :to::mindblown:

One group - "ehh you probably already had it" (like above tweet)

Another group - "it's about to get real" (Italy, Spain, France, .... USA... )

There's a medium too....I think that there's been exaggerations on both sides.

Her claim appears to me to be an exaggeration on the low side. But it's hard to know at this point.

Millions of deaths in the USA/UK was an exaggeration on the high side.

When this shyt first popped I guesstimated 20,000-100,000 deaths worldwide due to appropriate measures taken. I think that the measures taken globally have actually been pretty decent, so there's a chance we'll keep it in that framework still. But I might have underestimated.

Now if I had to guess....maybe 50,000-200,000 in the developed world? In the rest of the world either shyt could get super-crazy or the virus don't like warm weather.