COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
@42 Monks

Three HUNDRED inmates from New York City's notorious Rikers Island who have less than a year left of their sentence will be released to stop coronavirus spread
  • De Blasio will let 300 people who have misdemeanor and non-violent felony convictions out of Rikers Island immediately
  • He said he would not allow some people who had sexual assault convictions of domestic battery convictions out
  • He said he was trying to strike a balance between a 'humanitarian need' and 'public safety concerns'
  • New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy said that he would release up to 1,000 'low risk' criminals
  • Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?
Mayor Bill de Blasio says he will release 300 criminals from Rikers Island to stop them from contracting coronavirus.

The criminals will be those who have committed misdemeanors or non-violent felonies and who have less than a year on their sentence.

De Blasio made the announcement on Tuesday as he gave an update on the coronavirus outbreak in New York City.

In the city, 131 people have died and there are nearly 15,000 cases of it.

Mayor Bill de Blasio says he will release 300 criminals from Rikers Island | Daily Mail Online

My college roommate's brother just got moved from Toobs to Rikers so he can be isolated. He was suspected of having the Cornavirus.

Last edited:

concise

Veteran
Daps
just found a couple old R95 respirators in the garage. im bout to be rich :jawalrus:

9TsZt6G.png

That looks like it lost its effectiveness years ago. :picard:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I've been calm but this shyt is starting to get to me... my surgery for my sleep apnea got cancelled and there's no time table for it to be rescheduled. That was literally the main thing I was looking forward to this year... I'm sick of constantly being exhausted and having to sleep with this damn cpap machine that barely does shyt for me. :snoop:

Plus I don't know where to find any distilled water for the machine right now. :sadcam:
work on losing weight NOW! If you lose 100 pounds you likely wont even need surgery. use this quarantine period to change your poor eating habits.

god bless

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

math is hard:mjcry:

She should tell that to these people's families.
Detroit Police 911 operator, 38, dead from coronavirus
A 38-year-old 911 dispatcher with the Detroit Police Department has died due to coronavirus.

The man, who had worked with the city for 11 years and as an operator for eight years, had no significant medical issues that doctors were aware of, said Dr. Robert Dunne, a Wayne State University official working with the city.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/39-year-old-woman-dies-waiting-for-coronavirus-test-results/
A healthy 39-year-old social worker died days after initially turning down a coronavirus test because she was told she was “low-risk,” her boyfriend said in a heartbreaking Facebook post.

US coronavirus: Death of teenager in California from coronavirus believed to be first in US of someone that age - CNN
A Los Angeles County resident is believed to be the first juvenile to have died from the novel coronavirus in the United States.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti told CNN the person was a teenager.
Garcetti says this fatality shows that the virus can affect young people, not just people with preexisting conditions.