COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
IAMDetroit said:
I wish yall nikkas stop bringing up spanish flu.

Only africans and south americans were washing with primitive soaps.

This isn't true. Americans in-general were washing their asses in soap and water at the end of the 19th Century due to the lasting influence of the Sanitation Commission after the Civil War. It also further separated America, culturally, from Europe.

United States Sanitary Commission - Wikipedia

Proof of this assertion is found by the numerous advertisements for soap/cleaning products/deodorant in EVERY American newspaper/periodical beginning in the 1890's.

:snooze:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
who even knows

CALGARY (660 NEWS) – WestJet is the latest major company to announce layoffs due to COVID-19.

The company announced 6,900 employees were given notices of both voluntary and involuntary leave of absences. The airline had approximately 14,000 employees before this announcement.

I think they will get those jobs back but it’s still shyt because some staff won’t.

These companies are weak as hell. They can’t hold down the fort for some time but people are expected to have all kinds of contingency money saved.

These fukks get bailed out though. I hope things change and people demand it. Companies been balling for 10 years with historically low interest rates while wages stay the same and a week or 2 of hardship and they fall apart.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Ok breh.

:salute:

In preparation for your coming L are you saying that Trump's probable aim to get "the US back to work soon" is what led to the move today?

Yes or No?

Spell it out. Speak on it. A sound-bite here and a half-statement there ain't enough. I need you to commit to make sure that L is plump and ready in time :troll: . No rush ...

Are you attributing the move today to Trump's promise to get us back to work?

I think it is more to do with the fact that the market believes that the stimulus package will pass congress.

See the "Stimulus Package" headlines from the global financial bibles the WSJ and the FT.

WSJ

2bjGnVC.png

Financial Times

3pq95e9.png

Sorry to type the statement out for you but someone had to do it.

:ufdup: Trump's "back to work" actions will be dealt with by the markets in the coming days.

Actually breh it's cool. Let's see what happens :yeshrug: . The age of Internet beef has passed :ehh:

:russ:

7 min ago
Dow records biggest point gain ever

From CNN Business' Anneken Tappe

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
US gonna hit 200 deaths and the market doing numbers. If folk were confused, shyt should be picture perfect now.

Americans voted for this. A business man who put the stock market above everything and here you go.

And it shouldn’t come as a surprise, so many warned about electing this fool.

Last edited:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Im running low on multivitamins and everything with elderberry is sold out. Im thankful I bulked up on my herbal teas. May buy some ginger and lemon from the store tomorrow, since I already have raw honey.
The very first things I bought was exactly these items. I got the ginger root though.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
India just completely SHUT DOWN everything for the next 21 days (they've already been shut down for 3 days).

India with 1.3 billion people. India with WAY less wealth than us and WAY more poverty than us. India which only has 10 deaths so far. India whose leaders don't have shyt to worry about regarding "social media" influencing their decisions.

India declares 21-day 'total lockdown' as coronavirus cases rise

I can't emphasize how big this is. This might be the most shocking government action of the entire pandemic. INDIA with their fragile-ass economy, high unemployment, and high poverty is going on TOTAL LOCKDOWN where people can't even go outside of their small fukking homes even though they only have 10 deaths so far and these fools are complaining about an economic slowdown in the richest country on Earth.

Yeah. They forced all of our offshore(Indians) contractors to work from home. One guy left his hometown to visit family last week before the lockdown, now he can't leave there to get back home. Turned him back.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
US gonna hit 200 deaths and the market going numbers. If folk were confused, shyt should be picture perfect now.

Americans voted for this. A business man who put the stock market above everything and here you go.

And it shouldn’t come as a surprise, so many warned about electing this fool.
This shyt is really sad