COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
India just completely SHUT DOWN everything for the next 21 days (they've already been shut down for 3 days).

India with 1.3 billion people. India with WAY less wealth than us and WAY more poverty than us. India which only has 10 deaths so far. India whose leaders don't have shyt to worry about regarding "social media" influencing their decisions.

India declares 21-day 'total lockdown' as coronavirus cases rise

India's 1.3 billion people will go under "total lockdown" for 21 days to combat the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, warning that anyone going outside risked inviting the virus inside their homes, and pledging $2bn to bolster the country's beleaguered healthcare system.

"From 12 midnight today [1830 GMT Tuesday], the entire country will be in lockdown, total lockdown," Modi said on Tuesday in a televised address, his second in a week.

"To save India, to save its every citizen, you, your family... every street, every neighbourhood is being put under lockdown," he said, putting nearly one-fifth of the world's population under lockdown.

I can't emphasize how big this is. This might be the most shocking government action of the entire pandemic. INDIA with their fragile-ass economy, high unemployment, and high poverty is going on TOTAL LOCKDOWN where people can't even go outside of their small fukking homes even though they only have 10 deaths so far and these fools are complaining about an economic slowdown in the richest country on Earth.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm no doctor but I seriously doubt it's COVID-19. Sounds like the flu or a more serious cold. You would have a persistent fever and a dry cough. No phlegm.

And a sore throat is a symptom but apparently it's very uncommon.

Fred.
This shyt is so tricky tho, i read that 99% of cases presented fever but heard like 3 or 4 of the last dozen accounts say they didn't present fever.

This shyt is so hard to pin down.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is so tricky tho, i read that 99% of cases presented fever but heard like 3 or 4 of the last dozen accounts say they didn't present fever.

This shyt is so hard to pin down.

There's always an outlier.

If you look at his other symptoms, they aren't indicative of COVID-19 though.

Fred.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
Same shyt happened with the Spanish flu. It was in three waves with the second being the worst. People are just going to die. The issue is will we slip into a depression if we continue to shut down the economy
I wish yall nikkas stop bringing up spanish flu.
That is H1N1.
They didnt have cell phones or disinfectant back then.
Only africans and south americans were washing with primitive soaps.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
We ALL knew when the reports were leaking from Wuhan.
We ALL KNEW when the doctor from Wuhan died.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I swear Trump supporters piss me off

"We should get back to work, China already beat it, it's just a bad flu"

Do these dumb asses realize that China has big ass trucks filled with disinfectant that goes around spraying everything, cops with body heat monitor visors, had a mandatory lockdown of the whole country, temperature checks to get into stores, drones that fly around catching people disobeying shut down protocols, fining people who don't obey etc.

The US has none of this in place and we're the richest country in the World. And now cheeto man wants to open shyt back up in about 2 weeks

:snoop:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Trump own govt openly contradicting dude. What is going on?

Pentagon estimates that coronavirus will plague US for months as Trump pushes to restart economy

MARKETS
WATCHLIST
CNBC TV

POLITICS
Pentagon estimates that coronavirus will plague US for months as Trump pushes to restart economy
PUBLISHED TUE, MAR 24 20201:59 PM EDTUPDATED 23 MIN AGO

Amanda Macias@AMANDA_M_MACIAS

KEY POINTS
  • “I think we need to plan for this to be a few months long at least and we’re taking all precautionary measures to do that,” Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said during a virtual town hall from the Pentagon.
  • The number of active-duty U.S. service members who have tested positive for the coronavirus jumped overnight from 133 on Monday to 174 on Tuesday, according to the latest figures provided by the Pentagon.
  • As of Tuesday, the Pentagon has a total of 321 cases, 174 are active-duty military, 59 are civilians, 61 dependents and 27 contractors.
106323305-1578350341449gettyimages-1189657262.jpeg

(L-R) Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark Milley hold an end of year press conference at the Pentagon on December 20, 2019 in Arlington, Virginia.
Drew Angerer | Getty Images
WASHINGTON — The Pentagon’s top leaders said Tuesday that they were planning for the coronavirus pandemic to plague the United States for months.

“I think we need to plan for this to be a few months long at least and we’re taking all precautionary measures to do that,” Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said during a virtual town hall from the Pentagon.

Alongside Esper, the nation’s top military officer said that while it was unclear how long the deadly outbreak would last, he gave an estimate of up to three months.

“You’re looking at eight to 10 to 12 weeks, call it three months, based on what we know from other countries like China, Hong Kong, South Korea, etc., that may or may not apply to the United States,” Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff U.S. Army Gen. Mark Milley said.

At the same time as the military brass expressed their expectations, President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he wants the U.S. economy to “open” back up by Easter Sunday, even as the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the country accelerates.

Easter is April 12, less than three weeks away.

Trump’s remarks in a Fox News “virtual town hall” event at the White House came as more states imposed extreme measures, including shutting down businesses and ordering residents to stay home, to try to slow the spread of the disease