COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
yup even reg young people die of the flu its just not publicized and in the media
but now with corona anyone who dies of it is getting a article
The reason for that is we are used to dealing with the flu. This is some new shyt which why nobody knows how to act. Truth be told you can get a cold or the flu just from walking past someone who coughs. We can get those the same way. But this virus seems to live a little longer and we still have a lot to learn about it

Regardless I don’t want none of this shyt :heh:

Stomach viruses are hell too but I don’t think they are as contagious

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
About 35 companies and academic institutions are racing to create such a vaccine, at least four of which already have candidates they have been testing in animals. The first of these – produced by Boston-based biotech firm Moderna – will enter human trials imminently.

Coronaviruses have caused two other recent epidemics – severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars) in China in 2002-04, and Middle East respiratory syndrome (Mers), which started in Saudi Arabia in 2012. In both cases, work began on vaccines that were later shelved when the outbreaks were contained. :beli: One company, Maryland-based Novavax, has now repurposed those vaccines for Sars-CoV-2, and says it has several candidates ready to enter human trials this spring. Moderna, meanwhile, built on earlier work on the Mers virus conducted at the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in Bethesda, Maryland.

Sars-CoV-2 shares between 80% and 90% of its genetic material with the virus that caused Sars – hence its name. Both consist of a strip of ribonucleic acid (RNA) inside a spherical protein capsule that is covered in spikes. The spikes lock on to receptors on the surface of cells lining the human lung – the same type of receptor in both cases – allowing the virus to break into the cell. Once inside, it hijacks the cell’s reproductive machinery to produce more copies of itself, before breaking out of the cell again and killing it in the process.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
This is why I don’t understand why at the beginning of this outbreak people were bringing up the moot point that the flu is already around and has killed more people this year, as if they’re trying to diminish the impact of the coronavirus.

You don’t want this new coronavirus strain and the flu running rampant and unchecked at the same time. Especially when we don’t have a vaccine for the former.
People just didn’t know what to make of it at first and a lot still don’t. None of us have had to deal with a brand new virus before so it’s easy to make comparisons to what we already know. And it doesn’t help that we have no treatments for this yet

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this would qualify as a “mild” case since he was not hospitalised

https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/olympic-swimmer-describes-his-battle-with-coronavirus-worst-ive-ever-endured/

Retired South African swimmer Cameron van der Burgh, 31, said he has been struggling with the disease for the last 14 days.

“By far the worst virus I have ever endured despite being a healthy individual with strong lungs (no smoking/sport), living a healthy lifestyle and being young (least at risk demographic),” he tweeted.

Although his worst symptoms, like severe fever, have eased, Van der Burgh said he’s still grappling with serious fatigue and an unshakable cough.

“Any physical activity like walking leaves me exhausted for hours,” said the 2012 Olympic 100-meter breaststroke champion.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This is why I don’t understand why at the beginning of this outbreak people were bringing up the moot point that the flu is already around and has killed more people this year, as if they’re trying to diminish the impact of the coronavirus.

You don’t want this new coronavirus strain and the flu running rampant and unchecked at the same time. Especially when we don’t have a vaccine for the former.
If you don’t get why people were bringing it up you wasn’t trying to get it to be honest. I’m saying you dudes are sheep to put it bluntly. It can’t get any simpler than that. I won’t speak for everybody but that’s what I’m saying mentioning the flu and how you and others were going about your merry lives until the media told you to be shook.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Everyone will get it, everyone!
Eventually at least 90% of the planet will get it.
People that do not know they are carriers as they are asymptomatic and

CDC says coronavirus survived in Princess Cruise ship cabins for up to 17 days after passengers left
  • The coronavirus can survive on surfaces for up to 17 days, a study published Monday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.
  • The study examines two public health responses to COVID-19 outbreaks on the Carnival-owned Diamond Princess ship in Japan and the Grand Princess ship in California.
  • The virus “was identified on a variety of surfaces in cabins of both symptomatic and asymptomatic infected passengers up to 17 days after cabins were vacated...” the researchers wrote.
CDC says coronavirus survived in Princess Cruise ship cabins for up to 17 days after passengers left

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
If you don’t get why people were bringing it up you wasn’t trying to get it to be honest. I’m saying you dudes are sheep to put it bluntly. It can’t get any simpler than that. I won’t speak for everybody but that’s what I’m saying mentioning the flu and how you and others were going about your merry lives until the media told you to be shook.
That’s cool and all but I literally don’t know anyone (young or old) that ever had to be hospitalized from the flu

but I do know someone who is still hospitalized from corona that almost had to be put in a medically induced coma

and apparently there’s other people on here that know people that suffered grimmer fates

that’s enough for me to be shook