Courtdog won: Cuphead went double plat with no features

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
From jumping to shooting to platforminng it’s a megaman and contra mix.

Solid game but nothing unique
So again, you relate jumping and shooting to Megaman, I'm saying what platformers that involve jumping and shooting doesn't have those mechanics :dwillhuh:

Rush n attack
Blaster master
Street fighter 2010
Ikari warriors

All different, all fall under the same category of platforming shooters. Cuphead is unique, it stands on its own :ufdup:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
So again, you relate jumping and shooting to Megaman, I'm saying what platformers that involve jumping and shooting doesn't have those mechanics :dwillhuh:

Rush n attack
Blaster master
Street fighter 2010
Ikari warriors

All different, all fall under the same category of platforming shooters. Cuphead is unique, it stands on its own :ufdup:
Where is the uniqueness?

You still haven’t named a unique feature of cuphead that made it improve over megaman and contra therefore my statement still stands.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Where is the uniqueness?

You still haven’t named a unique feature of cuphead that made it improve over megaman and contra therefore my statement still stands.
You are STILL comparing it to Megaman :snoop:

I'm not saying this game reinvents the platformer wheel, I'm saying Megaman didn't invent the platformer wheel. It does have some contra mechanics, Megaman? Not so much. I don't equate being able to switch weapons as a Megaman thing. Yes they both are platform shooters but that's where the similarities end imo

Blackout

Daps
You are STILL comparing it to Megaman :snoop:

I'm not saying this game reinvents the platformer wheel, I'm saying Megaman didn't invent the platformer wheel. It does have some contra mechanics, Megaman? Not so much. I don't equate being able to switch weapons as a Megaman thing. Yes they both are platform shooters but that's where the similarities end imo
Still doing nothing new and unique

Blackout

Daps
So you played a game that looks like this with matching musical score :dame:

Nothing unique he says :bryan:
Old school theme isn’t new neither is the music.

Mickey Disney games looked like that.

You still haven’t named anything unique.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin

Blackout

Daps
The music is old, so old that its new again :ufdup:
Spin it however you want but it’s basically just a reference to the games and styles of old a la contra.

Again it’s a solid game but nothing unique

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Spin it however you want but it’s basically just a reference to the games and styles of old a la contra.

Again it’s a solid game but nothing unique
How is early 20th century music a reference to games of old ala contra :wtf:

And now two people have asked you what "Mickey Disney game" has done what Cuphead does. You made that up and thought you could talk around that. Still waiting bruh :ufdup:

Blackout

Daps
How is early 20th century music a reference to games of old ala contra :wtf:

And now two people have asked you what "Mickey Disney game" has done what Cuphead does. You made that up and thought you could talk around that. Still waiting bruh :ufdup:
You trying to change the subject

I mentioned that this game is just a throwback and mentioned contra as an example to show that it did nothing new but be a throwback.

Nice try at moving goalposts

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps

I mentioned that this game is a throwback and mentioned contra as an example to show that it did nothing new but be a throwback.

Cup head is dope. But you are right. Run and gun stages are very contra, and the boss stages are Mega man ish, albeit a little more complicated.

And for what its worth while nobody has done 1930s art style, you are again right....emulating the old school cartoon look is not new, and Disney did do it.
mickey-mouse-world-of-illusion-03.png

39488-World_of_Illusion_Starring_Mickey_Mouse_and_Donald_Duck_%28USA%29-6.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
<-----spoiler tagging some images of World of Illusion on the Genesis.

What about Aladdin on Genesis
Aladdin.jpg

what about the Lion King on Genesis?
the_lion_king_5.PNG

Its funny you can kind of say the same thing about those games that you can about Cuphead. Really capture the art style of the time, full of personality, excellent music.

Im not throwing shade at Cuphead.... look at my examples...they are all from over 20 years ago so this game is a breath of fresh air to me. I grew up on those Disney games. I love platformers in general. Cuphead was built for the generation of gamers who played NES, SNES, Genesis. :wow:

Blackout

Daps
Cup head is dope. But you are right. Run and gun stages are very contra, and the boss stages are Mega man ish, albeit a little more complicated.

And for what its worth while nobody has done 1930s art style, you are again right....emulating the old school cartoon look is not new, and Disney did do it.
mickey-mouse-world-of-illusion-03.png

39488-World_of_Illusion_Starring_Mickey_Mouse_and_Donald_Duck_%28USA%29-6.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
<-----spoiler tagging some images of World of Illusion on the Genesis.

What about Aladdin on Genesis
Aladdin.jpg

what about the Lion King on Genesis?
the_lion_king_5.PNG

Its funny you can kind of say the same thing about those games that you can about Cuphead. Really capture the art style of the time, full of personality, excellent music.

Im not throwing shade at Cuphead.... look at my examples...they are all from over 20 years ago so this game is a breath of fresh air to me. I grew up on those Disney games. I love platformers in general. Cuphead was built for the generation of gamers who played NES, SNES, Genesis. :wow:
Word and that’s all I said

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin

I mentioned that this game is just a throwback and mentioned contra as an example to show that it did nothing new but be a throwback.

Im changing the subject and moving goalpost :usure:
If I'm not mistaken good sir, I have never said it didn't share a mechanic with contra. I disputed it being like Megaman, so lets revisit that conversation piece about moving goalpost :francis: In the post that followed yours @suflay posted some genesis picks of lion king and other disney games and is acting as if that is the same thing as Cuphead... in a way... which it isn't :stop: Maybe if you use some
tenor.gif
sure... I'll give you that. As long as you wish real hard and sprinkle some pixie dust on that muthafukka, then its just like Cuphead

My only question is how wide do you guys wanna stretch this here goalpost :ld:

Blackout

Daps
Im changing the subject and moving goalpost :usure:
If I'm not mistaken good sir, I have never said it didn't share a mechanic with contra. I disputed it being like Megaman, so lets revisit that conversation piece about moving goalpost :francis: In the post that followed yours @suflay posted some genesis picks of lion king and other disney games and is acting as if that is the same thing as Cuphead... in a way... which it isn't :stop: Maybe if you use some
tenor.gif
sure... I'll give you that. As long as you wish real hard and sprinkle some pixie dust on that muthafukka, then its just like Cuphead

My only question is how wide do you guys wanna stretch this here goalpost :ld:
If you can’t see it then your blind