Counterpart | Official Discussion Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I had to rewind the ending of the last episode about three times to figure out which version of

Emily we were looking at, and who wrote the letter and which version of Howard they were they were referring too. For a second, I THOUGHT they were saying that the two wives switched places and there was some kind of "Peter Bishop from Fringe" thing going on.

I see that each universe is going through a lot of effort to hide ALL information about one world from the other. In the negotiation scene, they were bargaining with census data as if it were military secrets. And as far as technology...

When the ambassador from the "other" universe saw the iPhone, he acted like it was some kind of unknown technology that his universe was unable to develop because they were too busy getting killed by the flu. I thought this was kind of odd, so I want back and re-watched the opening scene from the Pilot episode.

In the Pilot episode we see Baldwin escaping from the cops in a world that has some kind of totally transparent cell phone devices. Since that's obviously more advanced than an iPhone, we must be looking at the "other" universe. So there's no way the ambassador's impressed by an iPhone, but he's hiding the fact that his universe is more advanced than the one he is in. Plus we know that his universe is filled with giant futuristic skyscrapers.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I had to rewind the ending of the last episode about three times to figure out which version of

Emily we were looking at, and who wrote the letter and which version of Howard they were they were referring too. For a second, I THOUGHT they were saying that the two wives switched places and there was some kind of "Peter Bishop from Fringe" thing going on.

I see that each universe is going through a lot of effort to hide ALL information about one world from the other. In the negotiation scene, they were bargaining with census data as if it were military secrets. And as far as technology...

When the ambassador from the "other" universe saw the iPhone, he acted like it was some kind of unknown technology that his universe was unable to develop because they were too busy getting killed by the flu. I thought this was kind of odd, so I want back and re-watched the opening scene from the Pilot episode.

In the Pilot episode we see Baldwin escaping from the cops in a world that has some kind of totally transparent cell phone devices. Since that's obviously more advanced than an iPhone, we must be looking at the "other" universe. So there's no way the ambassador's impressed by an iPhone, but he's hiding the fact that his universe is more advanced than the one he is in. Plus we know that his universe is filled with giant futuristic skyscrapers.
I'm pretty sure the wives swapped places. The one in the hospital has to be Prime's wife.

Yeah, the phone part was interesting. I picked that one up right away.

This show's been a masterpiece through three episodes, in my opinion. Shame more people aren't checking this out on here. Acting has been top notch too.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
This last episode was really good. I need to rewatch the letter scene again but other than that im impressed

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
This shyt is a lot better than I thought it would be

I’m confused as to who was that dude other JK met in the mansion. If he’s from the other world why is he living in ours and a diplomat? He said he can barely get visas

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

I just watched the ep you’re talking about, and this kinda shyt is really intriguing to me.

That’s why I said I like that it’s slow.

Every line is like a bluff, double bluff, particularly when a higher up from either world is talking to another.

But based on the “Phone” bluff, I think the other side is not only ahead technologically, but ahead intelligence wise.

“Our” diplomat felt really proud in that ep but he’s a fukking dummy lol

Based on how they were talking, our side thinks their side is like communist Russia, but really “we’re” the ones living backwards (at least in some ways -the other side has a real communist/ dictatorship feel, despite the advanced tech)

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
This shyt is a lot better than I thought it would be

I’m confused as to who was that dude other JK met in the mansion. If he’s from the other world why is he living in ours and a diplomat? He said he can barely get visas

He’s a diplomat from the other world, yeah, but clearly there are strict rules both sides have imposed.

Essentially, in order to not give one side an advantage over the other, even a diplomat basically isn’t allowed to leave his house, which is what he was saying he even has to get a Visa to go out to eat.

Our side doesn’t want him seeing something and relaying the information to their side.

Kinda like how when Emily and the Brotha came over, their car had blacked out windows.

Which makes me wonder, how high up is Alt JK Simmons if he’s got enough pull to get a visa that allows him to walk the streets and interact with people? He’s even higher up, technically, than a diplomat.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Let me find out Whiplash made J Jonah Jameson change places with him, because he couldn't handle dealing with his spied up wife and annoying daughter anymore. :wow:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Fourth episode was kind of a bridge to the rest of the season. Not much happened, but it set the stage for what's to come. This is being criminally slept on.

We might need that sticky once the entire season is out so people can binge it, @hex