Counterpart | Official Discussion Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I fuxed with the pilot. Looks to be ramping up to Mr. Robot levels of fukkery real quick :whoo:

J, Jonah Jameson vs Whiplash :blessed:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Ole girl assassin is efficient. Mean with the violin in one world and mean with the gunplay :wow: like a poster mentioned, i wish it was a Netflix show just so I could binge and get further involved in the world.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Watched the first two. This was the best pilot I've seen in a long time. Like a MUCH better version of "Fringe" season 2+ combined with "My Own Worst Enemy". Like Fringe looks like people from the "alternate" side seem to think that people from the "main" side did something to them that requires revenge. Even thought they have a higher level of technology.

The interesting twist is that the split between "parallel" worlds only happened back in the 1980's:
mceleney-2.jpg

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
This show is kind of boring. Two episodes and I get what is going on, but so much of it is yawn inducing.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This show is kind of boring. Two episodes and I get what is going on, but so much of it is yawn inducing.
It's really really slow. I like the conceit but the execution reminds me of a Le Carre adaptation. I'll still watch but i take it back. Too slow to binge watch.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Interesting comparison that just popped into my head:

It's as if Breaking Bad's Heisenberg from after "Crawl Space" went back in time and was forced to team up with pre-cancer Walter White.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I enjoyed the 2nd ep.

I agree, it’s slow, but I think there’s a lot going on and if it was faster a lot of the slight differences and idiosyncrasies could get lost.

Almost every line someone says reveals a tiny bit about what’s really happening under the surface (no pun) and I’m glad it’s slow and quiet so I can catch them all.