Counterpart | Official Discussion Thread

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
I don't understand why Howard Silk Prime didn't tell "regular" Howard's wife he's her contact from the other universe. She seems to remember her job, so she presumably knows that the other universe exists. Why pretend to be her husband?

Exactly. Unless something slipped by me, this makes no sense. I hope they make sense of this soon because if they string that along I wont be able to enjoy this season.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I don't understand why Howard Silk Prime didn't tell "regular" Howard's wife he's her contact from the other universe. She seems to remember her job, so she presumably knows that the other universe exists. Why pretend to be her husband?
They never mentioned direct contact in the first season, did they?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

I don’t know. shyt is kinda confusing for me right now, but that’s to be expected from a complicated show + year or more break.

If I were to come up with a reason I’d say: yeah she remembers things she’s done, but she doesn’t quite remember “being” that person so to fill her in 100% might not go the way Lit Howard would expect.

If she bounced back and started playing the loving wife, lying etc. Lit Howard would know “she’s back to being a double agent, I can tell her it’s me”, but right now she’s kinda in limbo so it’s probably best to just wing it until he’s sure of what to do next.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Huh? Is this really a difficult concept to understand? dikk Howard almost never told anybody everything the entire season 1. It was hinted that Howard Prime actually wanted Alpha Howard's life at the end of season 1. And his wife is tripping out can't even say two-syllable words. Maybe he doesn't want to drops bombs on her when she's tearing up the house and acting unstable. And she didn't "clearly" remember her job she just said she remembered she was in statistics not the ends and outs. Y'all get tripped out over the least confusing parts of a show.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Huh? Is this really a difficult concept to understand? dikk Howard almost never told anybody everything the entire season 1. It was hinted that Howard Prime actually wanted Alpha Howard's life at the end of season 1. And his wife is tripping out can't even say two-syllable words. Maybe he doesn't want to drops bombs on her when she's tearing up the house and acting unstable. And she didn't "clearly" remember her job she just said she remembered she was in statistics not the ends and outs. Y'all get tripped out over the least confusing parts of a show.

She told him something like "you were promoted to my level in two weeks. That means that you know what I did, and you know I was lying to you about it the whole time".

If she knows what she was lying to him about, that means she's aware that Howard Prime exists.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
She told him something like "you were promoted to my level in two weeks. That means that you know what I did, and you know I was lying to you about it the whole time".

If she knows what she was lying to him about, that means she's aware that Howard Prime exists.
True. That's my bad. But that doesn't negate everything else I said so

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just watched the 2 episodes

At first i was getting vibes that the 2 Emilys may a switched and the one that was in the accident doesn’t remember yet

Now im thinking she was either working with management from the other side or working with the sleeper organization

Also knowing management is just some old people was kinda disappointing

I liked the theories of management being aliens or people from another planet/dimension or management being an AI

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:damn:With Kai Proctor dead, how are the Howards ever going to get back home?

It was really interesting that both sides used the same type of machine to communicate with their "Upper Management" floors. Did anyone else think that there might be only ONE Manager floor, trapped between worlds, managing both sides, and keeping them all in the dark?

Looks like they may have killed that theory.

I'm disappointed that it looks like Management might be turning out to just be a bunch of old guys on each side.
This episode pointed out that Howard and his wife were almost exactly the same in both universes for years after the "split" took place. So I guess that the reason Management acts the same way and uses the same equipment was that it was an organization (CIA? UN? Illuminati?) that actually already existed before the split, so of course they continued to act the same way on both sides.

Was this the first episode where they specifically called what happened to the Prime universe "the flu"?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
At first i was getting bibes the the 2 Emilys may a switched and the one that was in tye accident doesn’t remember yet
Now im thinking she was either working with management from the other side or working with the sleeper organization

I can't see Emily working with the "Indigo" group. They're the ones who tried to kill her.
But about your "other side" Management idea...
I never would have thought of it, but maybe SHE's the one that the Prime Management used to try to terminate the leader of Indigo. An assassin from another universe has an alibi, if she's seen on camera miles away at the exact moment the hit takes place.
:jbhmm:

That could be why they just decided to hire Emily Prime for the same mission. They know that both versions of Emily are almost exactly the same person, and they already know what that person can do.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still catching. Always wanted to get into the show. Just didn't have the time. I missed the first season so I could binge. As good as thought it would be. I was always interested in playing go ever since I saw it in The Interantional.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Didn't care for the first ep of S2
It was really slow but eps 2-4 were fire, getting better each episode, in my opinion.

The Emilys have to meet by the end of this season.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Just caught up. The last episode was the best of the season.
By the end of the season I'm not sure you'll be able to tell the Howards apart.