Counterpart | Official Discussion Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i watched like two episodes and forgot all about the shyt.
:francis:

was it good?
i ddint drop it or nothing.
i just literally forgot all about the shyt.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
i watched like two episodes and forgot all about the shyt.
:francis:

was it good?
i ddint drop it or nothing.
i just literally forgot all about the shyt.
Great acting by JK Simmons. Probably the best "two characters played by one actor on screen at the same time" performance I've ever seen.
I also like how they have fun with how certain dead celebrities are still alive in the "alternate" universe and the technology differences between "here" and "over there" (e.g. how do you teach a spy how to use an iPhone if they come from a universe that didn't invent them?)
Other than that, its a pretty good spy/Cold War story.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
Great acting by JK Simmons. Probably the best "two characters played by one actor on screen at the same time" performance I've ever seen.

Yeah, he did a great job here. But for best actor (actress) playing multiple characters, that award is owned by Tatiana Maslany in Orphan Black. If you missed that show, it's worth finding....

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yeah, he did a great job here. But for best actor (actress) playing multiple characters, that award is owned by Tatiana Maslany in Orphan Black. If you missed that show, it's worth finding....
I've seen it (except for the final season), but I still feel JK Simmons was better. In Orphan Black, each clone had their own gimmick to tell them apart. Even without any different makeup/wardrobe/funny accents, you could still clearly tell which Howard he was supposed to be by his demeaner.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Tonight is the premiere. Still kinda debating if I want to resubscribe to Starz now, or wait a few weeks so I have some episodes to binge.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Damn I didn’t even know the new season was starting yesterday

I’ll peep tye premiere when I get home later

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I don't understand why Howard Silk Prime didn't tell "regular" Howard's wife he's her contact from the other universe. She seems to remember her job, so she presumably knows that the other universe exists. Why pretend to be her husband?