Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Bosa..:russ::russ:...tell me who the last really good defensive lineman was from OSU:russ:...what...Jonathan Hankins:russ:...

There are a few golden rules that you never ever break during a draft...and one of them is you NEVER EVER draft a OSU defensive lineman in the first round...

And how many great TCU WR's are there in the NFL? That argument makes no sense.

I like Doctson but CAN'T MISS? :comeon:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Based Goff the only Option :troll:

No but seriously if Jerry somehow goes into cokehead mode and gets a qb it better be Goff

why would it be cokehead mode?

romo is old and injury prone. i mean hes probably another hit away from re breaking that collarbone, hopefully hes proactive and gets that metal plate put in there

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
And how many great TCU WR's are there in the NFL? That argument makes no sense.

I like Doctson but CAN'T MISS? :comeon:

There has never been a "great" TCU receiver until doctson...

And yeah...can't miss...line him up on the other side of Dez Bryant and he is going to roast all but the top cb's in the game...

Tell me what other player in this year draft you know for fact is going to be productive for us this year...because i know for fact Doctson will be productive...he is going to go from having defenses scheme against trying to keep the ball out of his hands, to defensive not really paying him any attention due to the guy on the other side of him being one of the top receivers in football...

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
man i still cant get over how bad Claiborne is
Don't be surprised if he goes elsewhere and winds up with 6 picks with 2 returned for TDs, then we'll be saying they need to draft better players yet again.
There is only one can't miss player in this draft...

And I just posted some of his highlights...

Who else are we going to take with the no 4 pick...

That Ramsey dude...I watched Houston style all over FSU secondary for 3 hours...:mjlol:

Bosa..:russ::russ:...tell me who the last really good defensive lineman was from OSU:russ:...what...Jonathan Hankins:russ:...

There are a few golden rules that you never ever break during a draft...and one of them is you NEVER EVER draft a OSU defensive lineman in the first round...
You seriously think he's a can't miss?:russ: As for who else they could take their at #4 so they will have their pick of whoever or trade down a couple of slots, Myles Jack would be a much better pick for them. I was on the Jaylon Smith bandwagon until the severe injury, so know i think Jack, Ramsey, Treadwell, or Goff are the pick if they stay at 4.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There has never been a "great" TCU receiver until doctson...

And yeah...can't miss...line him up on the other side of Dez Bryant and he is going to roast all but the top cb's in the game...

Tell me what other player in this year draft you know for fact is going to be productive for us this year...because i know for fact Doctson will be productive...he is going to go from having defenses scheme against trying to keep the ball out of his hands, to defensive not really paying him any attention due to the guy on the other side of him being one of the top receivers in football...

So why can't Bosa be the first great Ohio State DE? :dahell: I don't really like Bosa tbh, wouldn't pick him personally, but that argument doesn't add up.

How do you know that for a FACT? I think a lot of guys could be productive picks at the 4 spot, but I don't know for a FACT what any of them will do. Big 12 WR's scare the hell out of me because it's impossible to tell how good they really are or aren't playing in those spread offenses versus those trash Big 12 defenses

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
So why can't Bosa be the first great Ohio State DE? :dahell: I don't really like Bosa tbh, wouldn't pick him personally, but that argument doesn't add up.

How do you know that for a FACT? I think a lot of guys could be productive picks at the 4 spot, but I don't know for a FACT what any of them will do. Big 12 WR's scare the hell out of me because it's impossible to tell how good they really are or aren't playing in those spread offenses versus those trash Big 12 defenses

Because I spent the last two years watching Doctson beat every type of coverage thrown at him while he was the no 1 guy on a team...so i can't imagine him not being successful being the no 2 guy on a team and not having tons of coverage thrown at him...Dez is going to get all that attention...

And the line of under performing defensive linemen...defensive players period...from OSU is so long that I don't want to take any defensive player from that draft with anything higher than maybe the 4th round...

You got a chance to pair a GOAT wide receiver entering his prime with another GOAT wide receiver who you can get super cheap for 4 years...you don't pass that up to draft the next Cameron Hayward or the next Mo Claiborne :ufdup:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Don't be surprised if he goes elsewhere and winds up with 6 picks with 2 returned for TDs, then we'll be saying they need to draft better players yet again.

You seriously think he's a can't miss?:russ: As for who else they could take their at #4 so they will have their pick of whoever or trade down a couple of slots, Myles Jack would be a much better pick for them. I was on the Jaylon Smith bandwagon until the severe injury, so know i think Jack, Ramsey, Treadwell, or Goff are the pick if they stay at 4.

Treadwell is good but he hasn't been beating double teams, triple teams, zones, and press man coverage for two straight years like Doctson had...for TCU Doctson and Boykins were that offense...and TCU defense was so atrocious them dudes were having to put up damn near 40 points a week to get wins...Treadwell never had to do that at Ole Racist...

If the Browns release Johnny Privilege I think they are 100% taking Goff...and I think they will release Johnny Privilege so I don't think we are getting Goff...

Not big on Ramsey

Haven't watched enough tape of Jack...

I want the local product I'm secretly 6 "3" and people don't ever seem to notice it until I bully some corner back for the ball even though he is draped on my back reciever in a swagboyz uniform...and there is no way a team like houston, or oakland, or tampa bay, or Atlanta won't take him to go along with their top flight receiver...

I am NOT trying to watch Atlanta take dude and he open the season with monster numbers because everyone is triple teaming Julio :ufdup:...he need to be putting up monster numbers for us while teams are triple teaming Dez:ufdup:

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Because I spent the last two years watching Doctson beat every type of coverage thrown at him while he was the no 1 guy on a team...so i can't imagine him not being successful being the no 2 guy on a team and not having tons of coverage thrown at him...Dez is going to get all that attention...

And the line of under performing defensive linemen...defensive players period...from OSU is so long that I don't want to take any defensive player from that draft with anything higher than maybe the 4th round...

You got a chance to pair a GOAT wide receiver entering his prime with another GOAT wide receiver who you can get super cheap for 4 years...you don't pass that up to draft the next Cameron Hayward or the next Mo Claiborne :ufdup:

T-Will did the same thing against those same Big 12 defenses..

Not saying Doctson won't be great.. again, I like him, but you're equating what he did to Big 12 defenses as a gauge for what he can do in the NFL. He would be a massive reach in the top 5 unless he really shows out at the combine.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
T-Will did the same thing against those same Big 12 defenses..

Not saying Doctson won't be great.. again, I like him, but you're equating what he did to Big 12 defenses as a gauge for what he can do in the NFL. He would be a massive reach in the top 5 unless he really shows out at the combine.

I don't care what he does at the combine...he carried an offense for 2 years...an offense that was one of the best in the country...an offense that was one of the top scoring in the country...that means infinitely more to me than what his 40 time is or how many times he can left blah blah blah pounds or how high his broad jump is...Byron Jones had some freakish broad jump in the combine...but he couldn't jump high enough to get even 1 interception this year could he?

I wouldn't even put T Rex arms and Doctson in the same breath as receivers...even at Baylor T-Will caught everything with his body...i still don't know how long T Will's arms are cause I've never seen him stretch them out to catch a football

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't care what he does at the combine...he carried an offense for 2 years...an offense that was one of the best in the country...an offense that was one of the top scoring in the country...that means infinitely more to me than what his 40 time is or how many times he can left blah blah blah pounds or how high his broad jump is...Byron Jones had some freakish broad jump in the combine...but he couldn't jump high enough to get even 1 interception this year could he?

I wouldn't even put T Rex arms and Doctson in the same breath as receivers...even at Baylor T-Will caught everything with his body...i still don't know how long T Will's arms are cause I've never seen him stretch them out to catch a football

Exactly but even being a t-rex armed body catcher still let T-Will dominate the Big 12, but when he gets to the NFL he's a mediocre 2 at best. That's my point of waiting till the combine to see how this guy grades out. It's impossible to look at the stats a Big 12 WR (or any college WR these days puts up) and say that is going to translate in any way to the NFL. You don't know if you're going to end up with a Dez/Josh Gordon or a Mike Crabtree/T-Will.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

Breh, I like Doctson too but 4th overall :comeon:

Treadwell literally does everything better than Doctson and is more athletic

That catch at 1:10 :whoo:

Last edited: