Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
So if we don't draft a reciever at 4...

Tell me who we draft at 4...and how he helps this team right now...unless it is a QB who obviously won't be playing

Honestly, this question cannot be answered because we don't know who will be on the roster and who won't be on the roster. Will Dallas bring back McClain? Will Dallas bring back Hardy? Will Dallas lose one if not both Corners and/or one if not both safeties? Right now, as it stands, we need a DT. Badly. Unless you all are welcome to have Hayden back.

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
I will be mad if we go WR at 4 unless we have some fantastic options to fix DT and the entire secondary and even DE...honestly...I think Gregory is a great situational rusher but not every down...and I only bring Hardy back if it's at a similar reduced rate to what he's currently on. He was hit or miss on field...maybe he was rusty from the year off...but I didn't see enough to shell out big money long term

An elite WR would help the offense no question...but if Romo goes down again (which his track record means it's likely he misses at least a little time) then good WRs won't mean anything with incompetence throwing to them.

I'd much rather stack the deck on defense...draft a flier RB late and in free agency...and go to war with a vastly improved defense and a smash mouth offensive attack.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Here's why yall can't go wrong with Zeke. You already no he can run and catch. Ive been screaming all year long he is the most complete college back. This why he day 1 ready to be a star.

5 crazy good stats in college football: Bowl season edition

Ezekiel Elliott was able to complete the perfect pass blocking season as a running back. He didn’t allow a sack, hit or even a hurry on 103 pass blocking snaps.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

Got the next GOAT receiver in our own backyard...should be a no brainer...

Third play into the highlight reel shows you all everyone needs to know. He could have literally caught the ball like he was fielding a punt and moon walked into the endzone but instead he makes a wide open "acrobatic" catch and marks himself down at the one. :camby:

DT or trade down

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
You brehs who want a DT in round 1 are in for a rude awakening :francis:

Especially if we keep Hardy

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I think I've completely switched to receiver, dez is gonna be coming off injury and we can put so much pressure on him to help the other receivers.

Our ENTIRE wr corps is predicted on dez being dominant to draw coverage, when he's out teams double Witten and keep it moving. This would now put even more pressure on tony who we CANNOT lose again under any circumstances.

Honestly our defense thus year was good considering we averaged 17 points a game. We go back to averaging 28 points per game and we win 12 games.

If it's me we go Treadwell first then trade our second and third to move up for elliot. With 2 picks our offense is now set for YEARS. Draft defense with the rest of the picks and get defense free agents.

What yall think brehs? yall want what im smoking or might this work :lupe:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I think I've completely switched to receiver, dez is gonna be coming off injury and we can put so much pressure on him to help the other receivers.

Our ENTIRE wr corps is predicted on dez being dominant to draw coverage, when he's out teams double Witten and keep it moving. This would now put even more pressure on tony who we CANNOT lose again under any circumstances.

Honestly our defense thus year was good considering we averaged 17 points a game. We go back to averaging 28 points per game and we win 12 games.

If it's me we go Treadwell first then trade our second and third to move up for elliot. With 2 picks our offense is now set for YEARS. Draft defense with the rest of the picks and get defense free agents.

What yall think brehs? yall want what im smoking or might this work :lupe:
No. There are good fa wrs who dont need to be coached up. Or get a guy with actual speed. Hell no to Treadwell.

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
Here's why yall can't go wrong with Zeke. You already no he can run and catch. Ive been screaming all year long he is the most complete college back. This why he day 1 ready to be a star.

5 crazy good stats in college football: Bowl season edition

Ezekiel Elliott was able to complete the perfect pass blocking season as a running back. He didn’t allow a sack, hit or even a hurry on 103 pass blocking snaps.
I really want that nikka :mjcry:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. There are good fa wrs who dont need to be coached up. Or get a guy with actual speed. Hell no to Treadwell.

Get the guy from TCU then :ld: and the only good fa wr is Jeffrey from the bears and they are franchising him. We need another star reciever to take pressure off dez. The way I see it we can't fix this defense in this draft. But we can fix the offense.

O line check
recievers check
running backs check
qb check

with just 2 picks we could be set for years

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Get the guy from TCU then :ld: and the only good fa wr is Jeffrey from the bears and they are franchising him. We need another star reciever to take pressure off dez. The way I see it we can't fix this defense in this draft. But we can fix the offense.

O line check
recievers check
running backs check
qb check

with just 2 picks we could be set for years
Breh, ive been thinking about this for the past week. Romo has two to three years left max. How good will it be for our new QB to have, an elite o-line, a dominant receiver tandem with Dez and Treadwell, and a good running game with Collins, Zeke or Miller.

I want a DT, Safety and LB just as much as the rest of you, but I know Jerry wont draft any of those positions this high. If we had a mid-round pick, I could definately see him drafting a Safety, but he wont draft a DT in round 1. The 1-tech in this scheme plays about 40% of the snaps, because we are in nickel most of the time. Hardy goes to DT, Gregory and Tank on the ends and Crawford at the 1. We literally use this alignment 60% of the snaps.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, ive been thinking about this for the past week. Romo has two to three years left max. How good will it be for our new QB to have, an elite o-line, a dominant receiver tandem with Dez and Treadwell, and a good running game with Collins, Zeke or Miller.

I want a DT, Safety and LB just as much as the rest of you, but I know Jerry wont draft any of those positions this high. If we had a mid-round pick, I could definately see him drafting a Safety, but he wont draft a DT in round 1. The 1-tech in this scheme plays about 40% of the snaps, because we are in nickel most of the time. Hardy goes to DT, Gregory and Tank on the ends and Crawford at the 1. We literally use this alignment 60% of the snaps.

Same thing i was saying to myself breh, plus combined with our utter futility at drafting defensive backs i am wary. Like you said i think we should max out and turn this offense into an ELITE unit that can hide our defense like it did the year before this one. We were a couple plays away from the NFC championship with that formula and we could have an even better offense this time :jbhmm: