Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Garrett has been given a free pass and hasn't had nearly the same impact Wade had when he was coaching, so i don't see how he was done dirty here. Wade is a defensive guy and the defense was always good/great under him, but how has Garrett's offensive genius panned out here? We don't need to see anymore evidence that he can't call plays or create plays for shyt, the only time the offense looked good when he was here was during the final year of Tony Sparano. Last year it was clear he had given up play calling duties because the offense looked different.

A poor mans Dez means he's big and strong but he doesn't have the x factor talent Dez does which is why he would be a terrible pick for the Cowboys, you're not getting 2 Dez's you're getting a guy who is just a average at best imitation. While i'm still skeptical of Bosa he did play both sides on the LOS, so you could keep Lawrence where he's at and alternate between Gregory & Bosa. They could also get creative and put Gregory at OLB on some plays and have Bosa on the LOS.
Dirty in a goddamn he went in way. I dont fukk with Jason

Daps
Spitballin....

Thoughts on a trade down with SF? Something like 4th pick to SF for the 7th pick, 3rd rounder and maybe 2017 2nd rounder so they can move up for Goff?
Hackenburg as a 3rd round pick to sit behind Romo for a couple years?
Does Austin Jackson - Penn State DT, like 325 - fits that 1 tech we need on the line?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Scandic and Byron Jones are both good players and Witten is still very productive. Yall are just creating problems. The reciever position after Dez is questionable but still

There is a difference between being productive and good.

Witten is still putting up numbers by virtue of how many targets he get's...but dude hasn't broken a tackle in 3 years...wherever he catches it at that is where he is going down...so the qb and route dictate how productive witten is, not witten's ability...dude has played through so many injuries...he played through two sprained ankles and a sprained knee this year...his body has nothing left...and as much as i love witten...i got him as the greatest tight end ever...and i know we won't do it...but i would not have a problem moving on from him and letting Escobar be the starting tight end so we see what he can do offensively...

Witten is the classic example of what is wrong with the cowboys...can he catch 70 passes a year...absolutely...he can catch as many passes as you throw to him...but can he break a tackle and turn an 8 yard out into a 25 yard game...hell fukking no...he is going to turn that 8 yard out into a 6 yard game after the defender effortlessly drives him back two yards and tackles him

Same as Romo...dude can be a mvp qb...can make all the throws from anywhere on the field...but don't let him get physically touched by another defender on the field...because as we saw this year...if you let that happen...he might not get up again...

I hope we keep Jeff Heath just so we can strap him to Romo chest on offense to soften them hits he going to take...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
We have to address the secondary this offseason whether through draft or free agency...but it has to be done.

We've been getting roasted back there for years. I'd like to go Ramsey or Hargreaves at the top of the draft. I just can't deal with another year of wide outs running wild and free in our secondary.

:whoa: breh these are press corners and we do not play press man. As much as we shyt on Mo go back and just look at his film at LSU...look at how he plays relative to how he plays here...

No corners in the first round...AT ALL:whoa:...the number 1 thing people attribute good corners to is tight one one one press coverage and we do not play that type of defense...

Now if we come out and say "we are going to be changing to a press man coverage" before the draft I am all for taking Hargreaves...

I just can't get Ramsey flailing around all over the field on that wide receiver reverse pass houston hit fsu out of my head...:russ:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
5th in passing yards allowed, Brehs. We need a LB first then a DT. Or which ever is better at the 4th pick. Qb in the later rounds.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Brehs, Im FARRR from a red head supporter, but what was jerruh supposed to do after last season :jbhmm:
We can argue that he shouldve been gone after the 2013 season, but any GM or Owner would give a coach an extension after having the best record in the NFL and winning a playoff game

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sean Lee made of glass and we need some run defense. What you think we need? Scandrick will be back so cb is out. Safety. Is good just need a replacement for Wilcox. De is good. Offense is straight outside of future qb. We need LB and DT. As priority

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
i just saw we have a little more than 13M in cap space:lupe:

restructure romo and release carr who is in the last year of his deal and we can do some things in FA. throw in the draft picks and we're looking at a potentially GOAT offseason/draft since '89:blessed:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Sean Lee made of glass and we need some run defense. What you think we need? Scandrick will be back so cb is out. Safety. Is good just need a replacement for Wilcox. De is good. Offense is straight outside of future qb. We need LB and DT. As priority
We Def need a DT, and I agree about LB being a huge need too with Lees unreliability. The problem you have with drafting a LB is you draft one to replace Ro, but Lee is still unreliable. Me personally, would rather start Hitch at MLB, Lee on the weakside and Wilson on the strong side and draft a DT. Hayden and Wilcox are the worst players on our defense and shouldnt be here next year.

CB is a need since Carr and Mo will probably be gone. I would not draft one in the first or second round. Id look for at least one vet and draft a zone corner in the third.

Safety is also a huge need, but I look to signing a Vet here also. I would go after Weddle as our big name free agent acquistion.

Me personally, if we stay at 4, I take either Treadwell, Nkemdiche or Jack (I know I said LB isnt as big a need as DT but Jack is probably the most talented player in the draft and maybe could convert to SS)

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Myles Jack better be a damn safety convert. He already got hurt and playing against bigger nfl players hell prob be hurt again. Jack can be the new Sean Taylor.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Brehs, Im FARRR from a red head supporter, but what was jerruh supposed to do after last season :jbhmm:
We can argue that he shouldve been gone after the 2013 season, but any GM or Owner would give a coach an extension after having the best record in the NFL and winning a playoff game
Jerry got excited and completely forgot Garrett's overall record since he's been here.