Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Stephen A did Garrett dirty as fukk. :scust:Skip too. I know Dez watching and lowkey starting to agree.
that son of a bytch doesn't deserve this job.

-7th longest tenured HC in the NFL.
-Longest tenured HC in the NFC East.
-3rd longest tenured HC in the NFC.

The coaches ahead of him:

Bill Belicheck (2000)
Marvin Lewis (2003)
Mike McCarthy (2006)
Sean Payton (2006)
Mike Tomlin (2007)
John Harbaugh (2008)
Jason Garrett (2010)
Pete Carroll (2010)

On that list, only Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett haven't won a Super Bowl. Every other coach on that list won a Super Bowl with their current team within their 5th year. Garrett is entering his 6th year. Same offense since 2007 (entering 9 years) - this thing should be a well-oiled machine by now.

Another tidbit, the Steelers have actually replaced more starters from their 2010-2011 Super Bowl team than the Cowboys have under Garrett. 5 years later the Steelers are back with a different cast of characters and a real sleeper's chance at getting out of the AFC. When I read stuff like this, I get the sense some teams are 'lapping us' now and I lose all hope. :mjcry:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Because fans just want to bytch. One minute Garrett is a terrible coach who can't groom players, then the next minute the players are terrible and we need to draft better players:what: People really expect pro bowl level play from every player on the 52 man roster, the fact is every team has a cerain number of skill players and it's up to the staff to coach up the rest. Y'all keep begging for better players when it's proof that no matter who we bring in this staff won't do a damn thing with them. This team saw Dwayne Harris as nothing more than a KR, but look at what he was doing for the NYG this past year:snoop:. It doesn't matter who we get on the offensive side of the ball since this staff calls the same shyt over and over, at least Marinelli was able to develop some players(ie Crawford).
I agree with everything but lets not make Harris out to be some HOF type dude. He wasn't in his position by choice. That was injuries for NY if I remember right that got him there at WR. Also with Beasley (who had a bad year and still had better stat as the slot man) there was no need for him at that spot and if Beasley would've played like last year you aren't saying that stuff unless you were one of the few if any saying it last year.

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
We have to address the secondary this offseason whether through draft or free agency...but it has to be done.

We've been getting roasted back there for years. I'd like to go Ramsey or Hargreaves at the top of the draft. I just can't deal with another year of wide outs running wild and free in our secondary.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
On that list, only Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett haven't won a Super Bowl. Every other coach on that list won a Super Bowl with their current team within their 5th year. Garrett is entering his 6th year. Same offense since 2007 (entering 9 years) - this thing should be a well-oiled machine by now.

Another tidbit, the Steelers have actually replaced more starters from their 2010-2011 Super Bowl team than the Cowboys have under Garrett. 5 years later the Steelers are back with a different cast of characters and a real sleeper's chance at getting out of the AFC. When I read stuff like this, I get the sense some teams are 'lapping us' now and I lose all hope. :mjcry:
That hurt in the pit of my stomach :mjcry: Why do I do this to myself

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Stephen A did Garrett dirty as fukk. :scust:Skip too. I know Dez watching and lowkey starting to agree.
Garrett has been given a free pass and hasn't had nearly the same impact Wade had when he was coaching, so i don't see how he was done dirty here. Wade is a defensive guy and the defense was always good/great under him, but how has Garrett's offensive genius panned out here? We don't need to see anymore evidence that he can't call plays or create plays for shyt, the only time the offense looked good when he was here was during the final year of Tony Sparano. Last year it was clear he had given up play calling duties because the offense looked different.

You guys saying Treadwell is a "poor mans Dez" are funny. Dez is a top 5 talent in the league and we all considered him the best WR in the league until this past season. I dont understand how having 2 "Dez" on our team wont impact us more than a Strong Side (LDE) Defensive End. Dlaw lead our team in sacks yet we want to place him on the bench for an unproven college player :mjlol:
A poor mans Dez means he's big and strong but he doesn't have the x factor talent Dez does which is why he would be a terrible pick for the Cowboys, you're not getting 2 Dez's you're getting a guy who is just a average at best imitation. While i'm still skeptical of Bosa he did play both sides on the LOS, so you could keep Lawrence where he's at and alternate between Gregory & Bosa. They could also get creative and put Gregory at OLB on some plays and have Bosa on the LOS.

Last edited:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Don't want either of those QBs...neither fit the scheme and I don't see "it" with either of them.

I'd like Colin K...but he probably wouldn't be a good fit, I just feel he's "better" than these two losers (got semi respect for Robert but Johnny can suck an egg) Personally I think they should go the "older veteran" route as a backup for one year(ie: Freeman, Hasselbeck, etc type) and draft a young gun btw the 2-4th round to have in the wing for the year after...

Just a stopgap for Antonio, and a fire armed young qb learning from both, waiting for his opportunity in '17