Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can we all agree that Lynch is not a 1st round pick after yesterday though?:scust::russ::camby:
If the Cowboys get Ramsey in the 1st i'll be happy, but if Nkemdiche is serious about football then he would be the ideal pick and then we grab a QB or RB in the 2nd.
Nkemdiche plays Crawford position. Robinson and Billings play 1 tech and they can still rush the passer. Do yall realize how weak our interior dline is? :mindblown:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You're the same MFer that was arguing with me over Morris Claiborne not being a bust a few years ago. :camby:

I don't take your opinion serious. :camby:
Foh clown with that sucker ass hoe shyt. I said give him some time one and two I said I was bias because he went to LSU nikka. So try the fukk again and stop with the bytch shyt of I was wrong "years" ago on one thing so I'm going to use that forever. I also said Scandrick had improved when most of y'all was saying he was the worst DB on the team so again don't do no,bytch shyt and try to,use the shyt that makes you look good. Use everything unless like I said you into using bytch tactics.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Post a select few that didn't like the Zack Martin pick breh. :mjlol:

And @jadillac is not even a Cowboys fan. He wanted us to draft drunk Johnny Football.

All the dudes you quoted wanted Johnny Football.

Try harder breh.:mjlol:

Now these same dudes want Goff.:mjlol:

I remember when he hurt Sean Lee I wanted him cut right then :mjlol:

I was like "this big dumb mufukka just hurt our only legit defensive player on the worst defense in cowboys history":mjlol:

Now it's the other way around...if Sean Lee injured Zach Martin in practice I would want Sean Lee gone...:smugzach:

Maybe I need to just get out of the prediction business...

I was all up in the thread talking about how great T Will was in training camp :sadswagboys:

All up in the thread talking about how great Cole World was in training camp :sadswagboys:

All up in the thread calling Byron Jones a draft bust in training camp :sadswagboys:

Actually believed Garrett could be a good coach...it took me until the falcons game to realize he was still trash ass garrett :sadswagboys:

shyt stressfull brehs...maybe...maybe I am just the unluckiest poster ever:Boyz:

But let's not act like we didn't take Zach Martin in the same draft that we had the worst defense in cowboys history...he panned out but it's a pretty dumb idea to draft an offensive lineman when you are coming off a season where you had the worst defense...ever:truf:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
We took Zach Martin because the Steelers sniped our pick right before us: Ryan Shazier.

There was a considerable fall-off of defensive players after him, so it seems Jerry and Co. went BPA. Which I'll never fault.

In the end, it worked out. Turned bum ass McFadden into a 1k rusher in only 12 starts and almost no passing game to respect.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Draft a cornerback in the 1st rd to cover tight ends brehs. While the receivers of that same team are going over 100 yards and scoring touchdowns.:mjlol:

You can always draft nickel corners in the mid rounds.

Example: Orlando Scandrick.

But we decide to draft a nickel corner with a 1st round pick now.

Jones got his ass killed against Marshall and Decker.

Come on now breh :martin: Scandrick has been HORRIBLE every year except for last year...

Or are we supposed to wait 5 years for a corner to develop enough that he can pick 2 passes in 16 games...:martin:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Some of you guys are so terrified of drafting a certain position or are convinced certain players are already busts, you've convinced yourself that Jalen Ramsey is the second coming of Earl Thomas.

It's ludicrous to select a Safety in the top 10. Same with Guard. Teams get clowned for it. Historically it's never been good value or worth the pick. You can almost always trade down and get a quality S or G.

For every Sean Taylor or Ed Reed or Earl Thomas, there's about 10 Roy Williams or Taylor Mays or Mark Barrons.

But I'll let you guys tell it. Jalen Ramsey is going to come in here and start QBing our defense and set the world on fire while ALL the other players you dislike will be out the league in 4 years.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Some of you guys are so terrified of drafting a certain position or are convinced certain players are already busts, you've convinced yourself that Jalen Ramsey is the second coming of Earl Thomas.

It's ludicrous to select a Safety in the top 10. Same with Guard. Teams get clowned for it. Historically it's never been good value or worth the pick. You can almost always trade down and get a quality S or G.

For every Sean Taylor or Ed Reed or Earl Thomas, there's about 10 Roy Williams or Taylor Mays or Mark Barrons.

But I'll let you guys tell it. Jalen Ramsey is going to come in here and start QBing our defense and set the world on fire while ALL the other players you dislike will be out the league in 4 years.
Its crazy too cause Ramsey played corner all year not even playing safety

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Can we all agree that Lynch is not a 1st round pick after yesterday though?:scust::russ::camby:
If the Cowboys get Ramsey in the 1st i'll be happy, but if Nkemdiche is serious about football then he would be the ideal pick and then we grab a QB or RB in the 2nd.
No I can't agree because tbh I ain't really paid attention to dude so one game either way isn't going to make me say he's good or not. Also dude would most likely sit for a few years so that would help to. I just know we need to hit on whoever we pick who it is really don't care much since almost every position outside of Oline could use help honestly.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Come on now breh :martin: Scandrick has been HORRIBLE every year except for last yeacame back str are we supposed to wait 5 years for a corner to develop enough that he can pick 2 passes in 16 games...:martin:

Scandrick had a good rookie season where he outshined Mike Jenkins. Had an average second year. Fell off hard for a couple of years after that,:pachaha: then cameback strong last year.:yeshrug:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

Maybe that used to be the case but with the rookie salary cap teams taking whoever they want now. Get with the new drafting times lol.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Its crazy too cause Ramsey played corner all year not even playing safety
Yep. And he didn't even look all that good playing corner.

Gave a massive cushion every time he lined up and looked way too stiff in his 6'1 frame.

Honestly dude looked like Dre Kirkpatrick when he lined up at corner, which he did a LOT of this year.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was open to Ramsey until they implied Byron will be a safety. Who thinks byron amd Ramsey will be our starters? Lol

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But we should draft a QB in Goff who would've been a 2nd round pick in last year draft. :camby:

Use a top 5 pick on a QB in a weak QB Class brehs

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Maybe that used to be the case but with the rookie salary cap teams taking whoever they want now. Get with the new drafting times lol.
Teams still aren't drafting safeties that high...

Only one I can remember in recent memory that went upper half of 1st was Mark Barron. And he was total bust.

Dudes like Clinton Dix, Calvin Prior, Harrison Smith, etc. All went past top 10. Even into the 2nd round.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
No I can't agree because tbh I ain't really paid attention to dude so one game either way isn't going to make me say he's good or not. Also dude would most likely sit for a few years so that would help to. I just know we need to hit on whoever we pick who it is really don't care much since almost every position outside of Oline could use help honestly.
He looked great against bad competition, and looked god awful against a terrible Auburn defense.