Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I'm not opposed to grabbing the best defender in the 1st, Henry in the second if he's still there or QB if he's not. I also consider grabbing Goff in the 1st if he's there. He could bust, but then again, so could any player.

Johnny for a 4th or 5th rounder if it saves us from using a draft pick on a qb in the next couple of years? Sure. Unless you want to go through a couple more 4 and 12 seasons... the only way this offense looks remotely passable is if you have an elite runner and qb because the schemes sure aren't helping anything and Garrett is here for the next few years.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Aaron Rogers was a late 1st round pick tho. And not every back up drafted QB turnout to be Aaron Rogers. Just like not every back up 6th round draft pick QB turnout to be Tom Brady.

Cowboys should do what Denver did and get a QB after the 1st round.

That draft was different tho. Rogers was highly rated but teams had other needs. He was the 2nd QB taken so if you wasn't the first pick it was up in the air where you would've gone. Dallas shouldn't use a first round pick on a QB at this point be because.. 1. They already have Romo and he hasn't shown his skills haven't eroded. 2. They got bigger needs on defense. 3. There isn't a QB that stands out enough that justifies using that high a pick. 4. There should be trade options if they want to get a young quality back up without giving up a high pick.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Draft a cornerback in the 1st rd to cover tight ends brehs. While the receivers of that same team are going over 100 yards and scoring touchdowns.:mjlol:

You can always draft nickel corners in the mid rounds.

Example: Orlando Scandrick.

But we decide to draft a nickel corner with a 1st round pick now.

Jones got his ass killed against Marshall and Decker.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
Draft a cornerback in the 1st rd to cover tight ends brehs. While the receivers of that same team are going over 100 yards and scoring touchdowns.:mjlol:

You can always draft nickel corners in the mid rounds.

Example: Orlando Scandrick.

But we decide to draft a nickel corner with a 1st round pick now.

Jones got his ass killed against Marshell and Decker.

Man Carr was on Marshall for the majority of his catches and the TD catch that Decker got was a bust on coverage....Jones was on Decker until he went in motion which should have changed who covered him but a miscommunication on the D's part.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not opposed to grabbing the best defender in the 1st, Henry in the second if he's still there or QB if he's not. I also consider grabbing Goff in the 1st if he's there. He could bust, but then again, so could any player.

Johnny for a 4th or 5th rounder if it saves us from using a draft pick on a qb in the next couple of years? Sure. Unless you want to go through a couple more 4 and 12 seasons... the only way this offense looks remotely passable is if you have an elite runner and qb because the schemes sure aren't helping anything and Garrett is here for the next few years.

Cleveland is unlikely to trade or release Manziel. Your team doesn't urgently need a QB anyway so take a flier on Cardale Jones and go BPA.