Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Cleveland is unlikely to trade or release Manziel. Your team doesn't urgently need a QB anyway so take a flier on Cardale Jones and go BPA.

I disagree that we don't need a qb. Romo is a hit or two away from being back out of the game, and if he is, we go back to stacking up 4 win seasons+. I'm not opposed to taking a qb in the later rounds, but the position must be addressed immediately. I can agree that there are options like Wentz in the second or Cardale Jones in the 3rd. Depending on how things fall, I can see us drafting defense in the 1st and possibly qb in the 2nd. With that said, we absolutely need some guy in the wings learning the craft from Romo, especially since our offensive staff is questionable.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree that we don't need a qb. Romo is a hit or two away from being back out of the game, and if he is, we go back to stacking up 4 win seasons+. I'm not opposed to taking a qb in the later rounds, but the position must be addressed immediately. I can agree that there are options like Wentz in the second or Cardale Jones in the 3rd. Depending on how things fall, I can see us drafting defense in the 1st and possibly qb in the 2nd. With that said, we absolutely need some guy in the wings learning the craft from Romo, especially since our offensive staff is questionable.

If you truly believe Romo won't be healthy--and I don't believe that--then taking a QB in the second is the right thing to do.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Can we all agree that Lynch is not a 1st round pick after yesterday though?:scust::russ::camby:
If the Cowboys get Ramsey in the 1st i'll be happy, but if Nkemdiche is serious about football then he would be the ideal pick and then we grab a QB or RB in the 2nd.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Draft a corner in the 1st round to cover tight ends brehs. While the receivers are going over 100 yards.

Draft a project at safety in the 1st round brehs.

Cornerbacks come a dime of dozen, i.e. Josh Norman, Scandrick, etc.

Drafting a cornerback is like drafting a running back now of days.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To do what? Play wide receiver? He's not a QB in the league. If Wentz is there in the 2nd round, you get him.

And absolutely no to RG3 and Manziel.

I'll read Boykin's scouting report and get back to you.

What about Geno Smith? He didn't have weapons in NYJ and Fitzpatrick is using completely different receivers to what Geno had in 2014 and 2013.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I wouldn't call Jones a project and only to draft him to at against tight ends. It was just where he excelled at this season as a rookie. He can play both corner and DB but he is suited to play safety. Now Wilcox was a project and that has not worked out.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I wouldn't call Jones a project and only to draft him to at against tight ends. It was just where he excelled at this season as a rookie. He can play both corner and DB but he is suited to play safety. Now Wilcox was a project and that has not worked out.
Which is a shame because Wilcox has actually regressed since being drafted.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Boykin's stock just plummeted after getting arrested, so I'll take a flyer on him with a late round, like a 5th rounder. Most of our late picks are wasted anyways, so why not see what Boykin has to offer if we have none of our choices at qb is there.

In regards to Romo being healthy, that collarbone is only going to get weaker and weaker. He's one or two hard hits to sitting out the rest of the season again. Let's not forget his multiple back surgeries.

Lynch concerns me. I don't see the hype about him. He gets shut down or beat by questionable teams like Navy, Temple and now a .500 Auburn. Hi. He throws short passes and his receivers or rbs take off down the field. A lot of his passes are thrown low or to the ground. He just seems like one of those project qbs who measure out and a team feels like they can develop him. In my mind, we don't have the coaching staff to develop a qb who needs to significantly improve his mechanics.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
It's not surprising our safeties look like they do when we have nothing but projects and bargains back there. Church is an UDFA who played better than UDFA status, but there are definitely deficiencies in his game. Wilcox played, I believe only one season at safety, in college before coming to the NFL. He was a project taken in the 4th round. It's not surprising he isn't making a huge impact at this level. Stuff Byron Jones back there and LEAVE him there. We're going to ruin Jones by moving him all over the field. Let him learn and master one position in the game.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Take that :slapfight: somewhere else fellas. None of us getting paid to post on the Coli, it ain't that serious.

1st round of the 2016 Draft: Best player on the board (excluding QBs:scust:)