Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
For the record I'm not necessarily against drafting Ramsey. I don't have the clairvoyance some of you seem to possess to be able to definitively say who will be elite and who will be a bust.

But I know that we have 1 starting safety on this team in Byron, but not a single starting outside Corner.

We take Ramsey and load up at safety and teams will still rape our corners all day long while Byron and Jalen come up to make the tackle.
The only thing about what youre saying is, our corners right now>>> our safeties, hence most wanting to get an elite prospect there. We havent had a good safety since woody. In fact, our safety situation is so bad right now, I almost would rather Alan Ball and Sensabaugh over these fools we have. On top of that, our front office has shown they arent that good at evaluating corners. Think Mo claiborne is the next deion brehs.

With that said, I believe the fastest way to improve this roster is get an elite DT in at the 1tech. Pressure up the middle>>>pressure on the edges.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
For the record I'm not necessarily against drafting Ramsey. I don't have the clairvoyance some of you seem to possess to be able to definitively say who will be elite and who will be a bust.

But I know that we have 1 starting safety on this team in Byron, but not a single starting outside Corner.

We take Ramsey and load up at safety and teams will still rape our corners all day long while Byron and Jalen come up to make the tackle.
I don't mind taking a corner in the 3rd or 4th provided that he is an experienced corner and he is a good measurable athlete that can be coached up. Henderson IMO has to go. The corners have not gotten better under his watch except maybe Scandrick.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Id be lowkey pissed at myles jack pick. Get a lb later rounds or free agency. I dont remember a lb being picked top 5 ever.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The only thing about what youre saying is, our corners right now>>> our safeties, hence most wanting to get an elite prospect there. We havent had a good safety since woody. In fact, our safety situation is so bad right now, I almost would rather Alan Ball and Sensabaugh over these fools we have. On top of that, our front office has shown they arent that good at evaluating corners. Think Mo claiborne is the next deion brehs.

With that said, I believe the fastest way to improve this roster is get an elite DT in at the 1tech. Pressure up the middle>>>pressure on the edges.
To be fair, I don't blame Dallas for Claiborne busting.

You can blame us for trading up to take him, sure. But the entire league had Claiborne rated as the top corner in the draft. The entire league had him as a Patrick Peterson level prospect.

This wasn't us going out on a limb and drafting Quincy Carter in the 2nd and everybody laughing at us. Large majority of the football world thought Claiborne was an elite prospect.

He busted. Waste of a pick. It is what it is. But if you went back in time before all of this and we didn't trade up to get him, Tampa would have taken him at 7. In fact, when we traded up and grabbed him, Tampa panicked and selected Mark Barron because he was the next highest rated DB on their board.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
To be fair, I don't blame Dallas for Claiborne busting.

You can blame us for trading up to take him, sure. But the entire league had Claiborne rated as the top corner in the draft. The entire league had him as a Patrick Peterson level prospect.

This wasn't us going out on a limb and drafting Quincy Carter in the 2nd and everybody laughing at us. Large majority of the football world thought Claiborne was an elite prospect.

He busted. Waste of a pick. It is what it is. But if you went back in time before all of this and we didn't trade up to get him, Tampa would have taken him at 7. In fact, when we traded up and grabbed him, Tampa panicked and selected Mark Barron because he was the next highest rated DB on their board.
This is all true, but remember two things:

1. We didnt even bring him in for a pre-draft visit. Didnt interview him and find out where his head is at. Didnt find out why the low score on the Wonderlic. This had "splash" move all over it.

2. We compared him to Deion Sanders :mjlol:
Dude doesnt have anywhere near the skill or athleticism Deion Had. Maybe we got Claiborne and Patrick Peterson mixed up :lolbron:

Overall, I get what you're saying, but our cornerback drafting history hasnt been good. Outside of Oscan, and TNew and maybe @Primetime21 breh Mike Jenkins, we havent drafted any good corners the past 10 years.

Remember BW Webb :scust:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Sensabaugh gets a bit of a bad rap, but don't you dare say you'd rather have AB back here:mjlol:

And you are preaching to the choir when it comes to pressure, our guys are getting consistent pressure on the edges but we need it up the middle to trap the QBs

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Rookie salary been in place for 5 drafts now.

Outside of Mark Barron and Brandon Scherff, what S and Gs gave been taken top 10 last 5 years? I don't think anybody else. Even if you find 1, that's 3 in 5 years.

You telling me to get with the times and have no idea what you're even talking about.

In fact, David Decastro and Zach Martin were amazing college players and prospects who fell out of top 10 because teams didn't want to take them that high.

In fact, Safety was taken higher BEFORE the new rookie wages than they are now. Roy Williams, Sean Taylor, Laron Landry. All top 10.

Since? Mark Barron and that's it. In fact, a lot of teams are saying fukk Safety and just drafting corners now to match up with opposing TEs and transform into safety. Dallas with Byron Jones, NE with Devin McCourty, Buffalo uses Stephon Gilmore similarly although he is still a corner.

So nah, ain't shyt changed. Teams aren't any more open to taking S OR G in the top 10. Remind me where Landon Collins, Kenny Vaccaro, Clinton Dix, Decastro, and Martin were taken?

All top S/G prospects of their respective class.
You nikkas toooooooooo fukking emotional, sensitive swear to God. nikka I put the fukking LOL which meant I was joking. Got damn y'all cats be on some straight emo shyt.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
This is all true, but remember two things:

1. We didnt even bring him in for a pre-draft visit. Didnt interview him and find out where his head is at. Didnt find out why the low score on the Wonderlic. This had "splash" move all over it.

2. We compared him to Deion Sanders :mjlol:
Dude doesnt have anywhere near the skill or athleticism Deion Had. Maybe we got Claiborne and Patrick Peterson mixed up :lolbron:

Overall, I get what you're saying, but our cornerback drafting history hasnt been good. Outside of Oscan, and TNew and maybe @Primetime21 breh Mike Jenkins, we havent drafted any good corners the past 10 years.

Remember BW Webb :scust:
Patrick Peterson is probably the best CB prospect the last 10 years, the idea that they had Claiborne with a higher score than him is :mjlol:

But after watching Claiborne's college tape, I have to wonder if this is another player ruined by the coaching staff

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Bills planning to cut Mario Williams this offseason

DO IT JERRY
KiaMxKH.png
KiaMxKH.png
KiaMxKH.png