Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Can anyone make the case for Paxton Lynch? I see a lot of guys on the zone want him, but I don't understand how a franchise qb can get held to around 100 yards by a .500 team in the most important game of the season. I've caught a few games of him on youtube and I don't particularly see anything impressive. A lot of the offense looks to be him making a short throw to a WR or an RB and then them taking for 10 to 20 yards down the field. A lot of his other throws look fairly inaccurate... I especially noticed it last game, where a lot of the throws were to the ground. I know it's a spread offense, but I haven't seen a bunch of throws he's made that are pinpoint and accurate. He has a long wind up too. He may have a cannon arm and measurables, but I'm not sure I take a raw project like that whose whole set of mechanics need to be worked on. I don't feel we have the staff to really develop a qb like that. I may be wrong, so can someone tell me what is the deal on Paxton? I like Goff a lot better. I'm not sure if Goff is necessarily the answer, but he makes more crisp throws.

Last edited:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Post a select few that didn't like the Zack Martin pick breh. :mjlol:

And @jadillac is not even a Cowboys fan. He wanted us to draft drunk Johnny Football.

All the dudes you quoted wanted Johnny Football.

Try harder breh.:mjlol:

Now these same dudes want Goff.:mjlol:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Man ya'll gotta look at context you cant just look at things from a revisionist perspective. We just came off our third straight 8-8 season in which we lost the division title to a 3rd different divisional opponent in the final week. Of course a lot of us wanted the flashy QB pick, we wanted change.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
I don't want a QB in the first round.

At least none of the dudes coming out this year....
My list:
1st Round - S/CB
2nd Round - DL or WR
3rd Round - QB or LB

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Funny how the same people that were arguing with me over Morris Claiborne a few years ago. Are the same people that arguing with me over Byron Jones. :heh:
Bruh Byron Jones(a rookie) took Gronkowski(top 5-10 dominate player) out of a game all by himself, name a time Claiborne has ever done that. Unlike Claiborne Byron has shown he's got the skills to play in this league, he's had a few hiccups like most rookies do but he's been a great pickup for the Cowboys. People act like CBs come into the league looking like Revis and it's ridiculous, hell Revis didn't look like Revis when he first came in.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need one breh, Romo is just about done.
Dude cant even play on 4 days rest anymore.

Why draft a bust in Goff with a top 5 pick. When you can draft Cook or Hackenberg in the 2nd or 3rd round. :what:

Top 10 picks should only goes toward Cam, Luck, and Jameis.

Not fukking Blake Bortles, Jake Locker, Goff

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Post a select few that didn't like the Zack Martin pick breh. :mjlol:

And @jadillac is not even a Cowboys fan. He wanted us to draft drunk Johnny Football.

All the dudes you quoted wanted Johnny Football.

Try harder breh.:mjlol:

Now these same dudes want Goff.:mjlol:

:mjpls: I wanted a defensive player. I never liked that QB even when he was in college. They didn't really need Martin but based on where they picked all the defensive players they wanted were probably taken.

U take a QB in the first round when you don't have one already, the one you got is 2 or 3 years from not being there or he has a higher grade but some how fell in your lap like an Aaron Rogers

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh Byron Jones(a rookie) took Gronkowski(top 5-10 dominate player) out of a game all by himself, name a time Claiborne has ever done that. Unlike Claiborne Byron has shown he's got the skills to play in this league, he's had a few hiccups like most rookies do but he's been a great pickup for the Cowboys. People act like CBs come into the league looking like Revis and it's ridiculous, hell Revis didn't look like Revis when he first came in.

nikka Greg Hardy and 'em made it where Brady couldn't give Gonk the ball by putting pressure and sacking him.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjpls: I wanted a defensive player. I never liked that QB even when he was in college. They didn't really need Martin but based on where they picked all the defensive players they wanted were probably taken.

U take a QB in the first round when you don't have one already, the one you got is 2 or 3 years from not being there or he has a higher grade but some how fell in your lap like an Aaron Rogers

Aaron Rogers was a late 1st round pick tho. And not every back up drafted QB turnout to be Aaron Rogers. Just like not every back up 6th round draft pick QB turnout to be Tom Brady.

Cowboys should do what Denver did and get a QB after the 1st round.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cant believe how many people want a non immediately great safety (Ramsey) at 5. :stopitslime: Yall still focusing outside in. There are 2 immediate greats at DT available. Get a safety in round 2. They'll all be on the board minus Ramsey. Yall really act like hes Ed Reed forreal.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
nikka Greg Hardy and 'em made it where Brady couldn't give Gonk the ball by putting pressure and sacking him.

Might be true but when they changed protection for Brady, it's not like Gronk balled out. Jones still had the clamps on him...Jones has held his own against every TE we've played....he's has his mistakes but he hasn't been as bad as you making it seems...